Seven Nation Army on Gamedays

Why do the Bills always play this song on gamedays?  The song is 20yrs old and, as far as I’m aware, has zero relevance to Buffalo. 

In my opinion, playing this song comes off as tacky, outdated and simply put:  embarrassing. 

1. Why do we play this song?

2. Who is responsible for selecting the playlist on game days. 

Any info would be greatly appreciated. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 8
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Why do the Bills always play this song on gamedays?  The song is 20yrs old and, as far as I’m aware, has zero relevance to Buffalo. 

In my opinion, playing this song comes off as tacky, outdated and simply put:  embarrassing. 

I’m pretty sure every sporting event for every major sport plays this song at least once/game. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

A lot of sports teams played it at start of games or kickoffs for football. Some reason each teams fan base thinks its their thing that they started. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

It's wild you care so much to be embarrassed about a catchy bassy song that's easy to chant along with.  Why does it need to have relevance to Buffalo?  It's background noise.

How is it wild? It has to do with the game day experience. The song is not a classic and has no bearing to anything Buffalo, so why continue playing it every home game? Is the song deserving of being a Bills tradition on gameday? It’s a valid question in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I’m pretty sure every sporting event for every major sport plays this song at least once/game. 

No, they do not. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 5

The Bills should only play The Goo Goo Dolls. 

Think you can't get pumped up to the Goo Goo Dolls? I once went to the gym and did squats at midnight while listening to Iris on repeat. I was also 22 and sad about some girl, but whatever. And the Bills are constantly getting rejected by the Super Bowl, so it's fitting. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

How is it wild? It has to do with the game day experience. The song is not a classic and has no bearing to anything Buffalo, so why continue playing it every home game? Is the song deserving of being a Bills tradition on gameday? It’s a valid question in my opinion. 

No, they do not. 

People who are determined to be miserable will find any and all reasons to be miserable.  I bet you're the guy all the coffee shop workers roll their eyes about when they see you walk in.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

People who are determined to be miserable will find any and all reasons to be miserable.  I bet you're the guy all the coffee shop workers roll their eyes about when they see you walk in.

Lmao. I’m not miserable at all. And smart asses like you are a dime a dozen. It’s a legitimate question, if you don’t know the answer then let it be. 

8 minutes ago, dpberr said:

...but you're ok with the train horn.

I’m indifferent towards it. But since you raise the topic…lol 

11 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I'm not here to argue for or against this song at game day.  Nor will I say I even like it.  However, this particular song has shown up on top 50 rock songs of ALL time as recently as 2021.  It is played all over the WORLD at sporting events.  I don't know if that makes it "classic" but it certainly isn't a flash in the pan.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, MPL said:

Think you can't get pumped up to the Goo Goo Dolls? I once went to the gym and did squats at midnight while listening to Iris on repeat. I was also 22 and sad about some girl, but whatever. And the Bills are constantly getting rejected by the Super Bowl, so it's fitting. 

Black Balloon baby!!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

My real issue with 7 Nation Army being a thing at all stadiums is that it further over inflates Jack White's sense of importance and belief that anyone who plays a minor pentatonic riff over a four-on-the-floor beat is ripping off the White Stripes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:
19 minutes ago, MPL said:

Black Balloon baby!!!!

They gotta start playing Slide every time Josh Allen runs. 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.