Taylor Swift

4 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

This thread pulled all the swifties in the place.  

I thought her demo was teen and young women. 

It did?  It's mostly geriatric conservatives posting.  Left leaning posters chiming in to laugh.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

This whole thread is an embarrassment. 

Let's get more embarrassing.  One conservative Twitter Allstar said the right already had their own Taylor Swift in......wait for it......wait for it....Lauren Boebert!   Rofl. 

You know, the hooker.   The one groping a dude during a play.  Unreal.

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Lol.  She does know how to hustle.  

Isn't this the idiot who got fired from numerous places, including a Conservative media group, for plagiarism? He also went to some Right-Wing nutjob event and told women they should all be stay at home moms. 

You should develop some standards from who you're getting brainwashed by. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Let's get more embarrassing.  One conservative Twitter Allstar said the right already had their own Taylor Swift in......wait for it......wait for it....Lauren Boebert!   Rofl. 

Who cares? Are you a Taylor Swift fan? A Lauren Boebert fan? I doubt anybody here is a fan of either of them. I think everybody equally hates Taylor Swift unless you are a 14 year old girl

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Who cares? Are you a Taylor Swift fan? A Lauren Boebert fan? I doubt anybody here is a fan of either of them. I think everybody equally hates Taylor Swift unless you are a 14 year old girl

A lot of female adults adore Taylor Swift too; including a number of my conservative family members and friends - lmao.

Note - I said conservative; not MAGA - there is an enormous difference. 

54 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Yeah, IQ 187. Riiiiiight.

Somehow I think he's probably 5'5"

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Isn't this the idiot who got fired from numerous places, including a Conservative media group, for plagiarism? He also went to some Right-Wing nutjob event and told women they should all be stay at home moms. 

You are replying to a sub par troll.  One who whines about sources then uses the all time worst when they say something he likes.  It's not worth your time.

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

It did?  It's mostly geriatric conservatives posting.  Left leaning posters chiming in to laugh.  

lol sure

8C1A6954-7BA0-4B75-BA78-92E77273E46E.thumb.jpeg.6e7cf59c435eaedb49fdfa466d187d16.jpeg

• Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Literally nothing I care about less than Taylor.   Idk one song.  It's hilarious it riles up grumpy old conservatives. 

But Boebert riles me up because she's an elected official.   She's the poster child for the fall of the republican party.  She's an embarrassment. 

This seems to explain the drive behind the backlash:

Why Trumpers are losing it over Taylor Swift

"There’s a good argument that the GOP has for some time been out of gourds, in no small part because right-wing media ate them. Republican politicians today often seem more focused on media hits, and the consequent fundraising bonanza, than they are on passing conservative policies.

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz may be AWOL when his state suffers a national disaster, but he never misses an opportunity to promote his podcast. Florida Republican congressman Matt Gaetz — a key figure in this session’s rolling leadership fiasco — has introduced virtually no bills of significance. But he’s on Newsmax constantly, and a CNN analysis found 160,000 articles about him, in comparison to 347 about a congressman in Gaetz’s neighboring district. Blowing up the party is good for business—and the business is, not politics, but right-wing media."

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Literally nothing I care about less than Taylor.   Idk one song.  It's hilarious it riles up grumpy old conservatives. 

But Boebert riles me up because she's an elected official.   She's the poster child for the fall of the republican party.  She's an embarrassment. 

And AOC isn't? I think they are both equally ridiculous 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

AOC has actually tried to make coalitions and bargain. I’m more ashamed that Omar is part of the Dems. Gross lady with some of the worst foreign policy I’ve ever seen 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Not equally, i understand what you mean but I'd bet the farm on AOC  destroying Boebs on any topic. AOC has unusual moments but also has intelligent ones.  Your search algorithm wont show you those im sure.  Boebert has never had an intelligent moment and was very likely a call girl.  I have no problem with call girls in general but when they then play the Christian card it's absurd.

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

That would literally be anybody that tells them what they want to hear

22 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

You’re joking

AOC has more dignity and tiny little finger. Then Bobert will ever have in her whole life.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I didn't want to touch this topic in another thread on the main football forum.....but let's look at the facts here around Taylor Swift and the NFL script:

- Chiefs play lousy football all year up until the playoffs. Almost like they barely tried because they knew the obvious script well beforehand.

- Kelce comes out as a vocal proud endorser of the covid vaccine bull####.

- Not long after enter Taylor Swift, because Kelce said he would love to meet her someday

- Predictable boring relationship takes shape, we see Swift attending Chiefs games regularly but apparently they don't even follow eachother on social media.

- Chiefs magically look like a different team in the playoffs as Swift mania ramps up even more

- NFL viewership through the roof since Swift/Kelce became a thing

- Rumors circulating that Swift is going to endorse Joe Biden (or more likely Big Mike Obama after he/she replaces Biden on the D ticket) very soon

- Chiefs inevitably win their 3rd superbowl in front of millions world wide next week and Swift will be on the field front and center celebrating with the team.

I mean, call me a conspiracy theorist but does anyone else not see through this scripted bull####?

Also how convenient is it going to be when we here about Kelce and Swift 'calling it quits' not long after the superbowl....I guess that will just be another coincidence too?

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I didn't want to touch this topic in another thread on the main football forum.....but let's look at the facts here around Taylor Swift and the NFL script:

- Chiefs play lousy football all year up until the playoffs. Almost like they barely tried because they knew the obvious script well beforehand.

- Not long after enter Taylor Swift, because Kelce said he would love to meet her someday

- Predictable boring relationship takes shape, we see Swift attending Chiefs games regularly but apparently they don't even follow eachother on social media.

- Chiefs magically look like a different team in the playoffs as Swift mania ramps up even more

- Rumors circulating that Swift is going to endorse Joe Biden (or more likely Big Mike Obama after he/she replaces Biden on the D ticket) very soon

- Chiefs inevitably win their 3rd superbowl in front of millions world wide next week and Swift will be on the field front and center celebrating with the team.

I mean, call me a conspiracy theorist but does anyone else not see through this scripted bull####?

Also how convenient is it going to be when we here about Kelce and Swift 'calling it quits' not long after the superbowl....I guess that will just be another coincidence too?

If they did that, they wouldn’t be any different than most glamour couples in Hollywood. It’s not a new thing.

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

You are a conspiracy theorist.

You don't think the reigning Superbowl champs had the ability to elevate their play?  They have the 2nd best qb in the NFL.  The best coach.  Now a top defense.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

By the way, why are you on our PPP board you sloth we can barely tolerate you on the other one Miami fan

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

And refs call a penalty that is almost never called to negate KC's big touchdown on Kelce's lateral, ensuring that the Chiefs will not have homefield, just so that they can add to the drama by making the Bills' defense suck against KC (and by making Diggs/Sherfield unable to haul in perfect Allen bombs) in the playoff game hosted by the Bills.

Yeah, now it is all becoming clear to me ...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And refs call a penalty that is almost never called to negate KC's big touchdown on Kelce's lateral, ensuring that the Chiefs will not have homefield, just so that they can add to the drama by making the Bills' defense suck against KC (and by making Diggs/Sherfield unable to haul in perfect Allen bombs) in the playoff game hosted by the Bills.

Yeah, now it is all becoming clear to me ...

Do you know that things are bad whenever a football talk breaks out on a PPp board

• Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

yes, because the Bills played patsies and let the Chiefs win on their home turf.  So did the Ravens....that's one hell of a conspiracy

• Eyeroll 1

23 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Not equally, i understand what you mean but I'd bet the farm on AOC  destroying Boebs on any topic. AOC has unusual moments but also has intelligent ones.  Your search algorithm wont show you those im sure.  Boebert has never had an intelligent moment and was very likely a call girl.  I have no problem with call girls in general but when they then play the Christian card it's absurd.

AOC is as dumb as a rock. Would love to see her debate even a high schooler.

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Well it was true the first couple pages.  And they are definitely trolling. 

“Well it was true back then, just not when I made the claim”. You sound like redhawk. Really good work. 

4 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Oh sure, my girlfriend at the time (now wife) did law school on north so I was over there a lot. I actually did most of my research and assignments in Lockwood Library rather than Abbott Library on South, which was always filled with annoying med students lol

I graduated a few years back. Always glad to meet another UB alum

Congrats on your marriage!  What kind of law does she practice?

I'm actually a student at the law school now (aiming for patent law myself) and I know exactly what you mean about Lockwood being a good place to study.  As an undergrad, I distinctly remember when our tour group walked by the law library and the student guide said:

"So this is the law library.  It's a bit quieter than Capen... (smirks). Like, one time my friends and I went to check it out and we got shooed away by the law students who were studying... so umm, yeah they're a bit more serious here.  Enter at your own risk."  She was definitely one of the pep-rally/school spirit/sorority types fwiw 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, Capco said:

And fwiw, I always wrote and edited all of the group projects I had, primarily because the other 3 routinely loathed writing.  They also tended to be more socially awkward than average, which doesn't help communication skills either.  That's not to say I don't agree with your general expectations of education on one's communication skills, but like you said it takes different skill sets to master different fields, and most of engineering does not involve working on one's communication skills.  

I've been giving this some thought.  The average SAT score to get into a good engineering school is about 1200.  Half of that is verbal.  Therefore, the applicant should have already shown verbal proficiency in order to get accepted.  
It should have been honed in college.  If not, that's on the school.  They shouldn't be graduating students who can't write or speak well.

I agree that Engineering majors are often very different thinkers than pure science or arts majors.  Clarkson was just up the road from St Lawrence.  Very different culture and skill set; very different people.  But every college grad should have facility with the English language imo...

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

AOC graduated from BU, a pretty competitive school, so I imagine she did just fine grade-wise and on the SAT.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure Boebert can even spell G-E-D-

but she knows how to unzip a zipper, disrespect a theater audience and sell guns....she's a peach

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/lauren-boebert-takes-shocking-gun-020303468.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANsiQUCEnyDbylv8JQfPnGA1fpBX7qmv931XckaXwAkw1QkDYVfc19IlGww1VVuMRErXqfENyfmheWr_-RprOsOwKoD77WpCue4T9z3I7oT5z5nW8cDr73ku5HPIIgune8Hdn2qXZI5Z8qBgYgPG6dEzr_PT1k8gFeX8NF_4Gs7w

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

15 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

AOC graduated from BU, a pretty competitive school, so I imagine she did just fine grade-wise and on the SAT.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure Boebert can even spell G-E-D-

Yes I'm sure that's how she got into that college. Because of grades. Lol

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Yes I'm sure that's how she got into that college. Because of grades. Lol

Again, your knowledge on her is 100% based on conservative media which will only show her blunders or edited clips without context.  If I judged you solely on your mistakes how would you cone off?  How would anyone?  

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

“Well it was true back then, just not when I made the claim”. You sound like redhawk. Really good work. 

Work?  Wtf do you think this is?  You lost?  This is a Taylor Swift thread in a f'n Bills forum.  

19 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Again, your knowledge on her is 100% based on conservative media which will only show her blunders or edited clips without context.  If I judged you solely on your mistakes how would you cone off?  How would anyone?  

What conservative media do I watch? I'm not a conservative. I watch her speak and she is a dumb bartender bimbo

• Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1