2024 WR Draft Class

1 hour ago, <bills4life> said:

Not saying I like or agree with it, but I could see bills selecting Chop Robinson de penn st.

If he's there and we lose Floyd and AJE I'd support this and look for a guy like Ja'Lynn Polk in Round 2.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, &lt;bills4life&gt; said:

Not saying I like or agree with it, but I could see bills selecting Chop Robinson de penn st.

Edge/DT round 1 and WR round 2 is fine with me. Value at WR is there in round 2. I don’t see much difference between the WRs at the end of round 1 and the WRs that will go in round 2.

I think round 1 WR depends on if they trade up or not. 

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Drop rates for some top WRs in the 2024 #NFLDraft: 
• Johnny Wilson: 16.1% 
• Javon Baker: 10.6% 
• Devontez Walker: 8.5% 
• Troy Franklin: 7.3% 
• Keon Coleman: 7.2% 
• Marvin Harrison Jr: 6.9% 
• Ladd McConkey: 6.3% 
• Xavier Worthy: 5.4% MEDIAN DROP RATE
• Malik Nabers: 4.9% 
• Xavier Legette: 4.8% 
• Rome Odunze: 4.8% 
• Ja’Lynn Polk: 4.8% 
• Brian Thomas Jr: 3.8% 
• Adonai Mitchell: 1.7%

I’m going to keep saying it. A Mitchell at 28 Bills 

I like Johnny Wilson’s frame but honestly if it wasn’t for Coleman that team would have struggled mightily. Wilson dropped a would be TD in every game I watched. Shouldn’t happen for a guy his size. I know the whole “body catching” thing can be overplayed but a guy with his reach should be using that wingspan to his absolute benefit. 

If these mocks are falling they way the draft does and WR is the pick it has to be Mitchell or Thomas Jr. IMO. 

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, BBFL said:

I like Johnny Wilson’s frame but honestly if it wasn’t for Coleman that team would have struggled mightily. Wilson dropped a would be TD in every game I watched. Shouldn’t happen for a guy his size. I know the whole “body catching” thing can be overplayed but a guy with his reach should be using that wingspan to his absolute benefit. 

If these mocks are falling they way the draft does and WR is the pick it has to be Mitchell or Thomas Jr. IMO. 

Franklin not thicc enough for you? I'd take him over Mitchell, hands be damned. He looks like a taller DeSean Jackson to me, which would be lethal opposite Diggs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, &lt;bills4life&gt; said:

Live just outside Pittsburgh, all my co-workers are Penn State or Pitt Panthers alumni or followers… The Penn State guys aren’t that enamored with Chop and think he’s likely  to underperform in the NFL. They believe that Isaac is the far superior player. They give credit to Chop, don’t get me wrong but I hear more about Isaac, their LBs Carter & Jacobs, and their secondary in Dixon, Reed and Hardy…

These are guys who watch and attend every game, even the Blue-White. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Live just outside Pittsburgh, all my co-workers are Penn State or Pitt Panthers alumni or followers… The Penn State guys aren’t that enamored with Chop and think he’s likely  to underperform in the NFL. They believe that Isaac is the far superior player. They give credit to Chop, don’t get me wrong but I hear more about Isaac, their LBs Carter & Jacobs, and their secondary in Dixon, Reed and Hardy…

I've got some real trauma when it comes to the idea of Drafting a DE from Penn State....

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

Franklin not thicc enough for you? I'd take him over Mitchell, hands be damned. He looks like a taller DeSean Jackson to me, which would be lethal opposite Diggs

Was more about the drop rate is pretty significant for a guy a lot of people are talking about. Things can change but again, for a guy his size you’d like to see him take advantage of the wingspan he has…. 

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I've got some real trauma when it comes to the idea of Drafting a DE from Penn State....

Yeah bro. They obviously know my allegiance and have only ever brought up Maybin once. Maybe my eyes started twitching with the glazed look over them that a Veteran displays when having flashbacks. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, &lt;bills4life&gt; said:

NFL.COM has his player comparison as Micah Parsons. 

I think they are just messing with me.   😋

22 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I’ve got trauma from the idea of drafting anyone on defense in Round 1

Why? We pick late 1st. There’s little difference between prospects late 1st-2nd. There’s probably less than 20 1st round grades.

Bills need DL. It’s just as important as WR. They need to take a WR in the 1st 2 rounds, but I don’t care which round. They also should double up in the middle rounds.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

Aaron Maybin all over again

58 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, LEBills said:

It was Daniel Jeremiah’s pick for the Bills in his mock draft yesterday

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2024-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-four-quarterbacks-selected-in-first-eight-picks

I had not seen that. This is why the draft is always so interesting to me. Some guy I’ve never heard of will get drafted by the Bills, and I’ll rush to look him up.  🤷‍♂️

But then I will have a firm opinion.  😂 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

Consider me Thomas then Mitchell. If they're available you grab Thomas. Let's see how the combine looks for them?  I'll go after Sweat in the 2nd.

• Agree 1