Pot is like totally harmless dude

4merper4mer

I’ve been reading on here for years that pot is the solution to all our problems and causes no problems.  There is one guy with 108 reasons to disagree, but I guess the judge was like totally baked.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/california-woman-gets-probation-fatally-stabbing-man-dated-causing-108-rcna135778

Can’t wait to read how pot has nothing to do with this.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

correlation is not causation.  Did she have fast food that day?  Did she listen to Taylor Swift?  Did she have UGGs on?  See you can link anything?

She is obviously weak minded

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

correlation is not causation.  Did she have fast food that day?  Did she listen to Taylor Swift?  Did she have UGGs on?  See you can link anything?

I maybe wrong here, but I think the OP is the "math won" guy in terms of his argument for "proving" that there is no intelligent life in the ENTIRE UNIVERSE. I.E., don't waste too much time here.

The whole correlation does not imply causation thing went right over his head.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Criminal defense teams definitely never stretch the truth 🙄….Even if their story isn’t embellished, she most likely has undiagnosed mental illness. Cannabis can be very dangerous for people with mental illness and can exacerbate psychosis but it’s not a singular cause effect relationship. 

Every mind altering substance has risk associated with it. Cannabis isn’t for everyone. But demonizing cannabis because one crazy person claimed it caused them to stab someone is lazy. Feed into the reefer madness if you will, but your claims are contrary to a mountain of evidence that it’s fairly low risk for the vast majority of people. Why don’t we as a society talk more about the risks of alcohol or RX medicine abuse which are both FAR more dangerous? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

I would also assume pot+a (undiagnosed?) mental illness led to her stabbing the dude (and herself).

Pot can trigger psychotic episodes and breaks in people with underlying issues. Same with most drugs. 

21 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Pot can trigger psychotic episodes and breaks in people with underlying issues.

100%.  Not trying to be a dick...isn't that what I implied? I meant to, maybe I wrote it poorly.

(EDIT: I am neither a reefer madness dude, nor a "it's a harmless plant man!" dude either.  I am just pleased we're not wasting time locking people up over it. )

Edited by Golden*Wheels

I’m glad the dog survived. You’ve got a problem bigger than pot if you stabbed your dog. 

I’m not saying it couldn’t be a factor, but you know a defense attorney has to pin it on something other than the defendant. 

Edited by Augie
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

100%.  Not trying to be a dick...isn't that what I implied? I meant to, maybe I wrote it poorly.

(EDIT: I am neither a reefer madness dude, nor a "it's a harmless plant man!" dude either.  I am just pleased we're not wasting time locking people up over it. )

No, I was just stating the general point that your specific assumption stems from. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

First reply: pot deflection.  Such a surprise.

1 hour ago, Golden*Wheels said:

108 stabs not enough to lock someone up?  250 the threshold?

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I’m glad the dog survived. You’ve got a problem bigger than pot if you stabbed your dog. 

I’m not saying it couldn’t be a factor, but you know a defense attorney has to pin it on something other than the defendant. 

Well it worked on judge pothead.

Actually a pothead judge might have denied any I’ll effects from pot and thrown the book at her.  Potheads are highly defensive,  It’s an odd story.  

So if you kill someone with your car after drinking it's manslaughter but if you get messed up on weed and stab someone over 100 times that's probation?

Something tells me if this women was  300 lbs,  looked like Bill Belichick in a dress and lived in any state with common sense she'd be doing a lot more than probation.

Pot is only part of the problem here.    I'm gonna go ahead and assume this was pot from these cool new dispensaries that make the strains way too high. 

This idiot didn't involuntarily stab anyone. Regardless of pot, alcohol or any other substance your brain still has to tell your hands to grab a knife and plunge the thing into a human body 100 times.   She is an adult, understood she was putting a foreign substance into her body, anything after that is 100% on her.

Jesus California...do better.

20 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

108 stabs not enough to lock someone up?  250 the threshold?

Jesus. Again perhaps I am simply writing badly again....locked up for simply smoking pot ("over it") which is a giant waste of time. A courteous or even common sense reading would get you there buddy.

Maybe go smoke a joint an relax or something.  I dunno.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Jesus. Again perhaps I am simply writing badly again....locked up for simply smoking pot ("over it") which is a giant waste of time. A courteous or even common sense reading would get you there buddy.

I’m not your buddy, guy.

3 hours ago, Golden*Wheels said:

It's not you. Crayonz/4mer has been on this anti-pot warpath here for 20 years. Just let him do his thing, it makes him feel better. But dont expect a real conversation about it.

I'm curious as to what happened in his past to make him like this. But really not that concerned.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/27/2024 at 8:16 AM, 4merper4mer said:

I’ve been reading on here for years that pot is the solution to all our problems and causes no problems.  There is one guy with 108 reasons to disagree, but I guess the judge was like totally baked.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/california-woman-gets-probation-fatally-stabbing-man-dated-causing-108-rcna135778

Can’t wait to read how pot has nothing to do with this.

She got off very lightly.  Hard to believe the sentencing was this lenient. 

20 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm curious as to what happened in his past to make him like this. But really not that concerned.

Realistic and objective observations of society made me “like this”.  But if you’re not concerned, that’s your prerogative.  There used to be a poster on here who essentially claimed different strains of pot as being cures for just about every disease known to mankind.  That hasn’t panned out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.