Am I the only one not planning on watching Chiefs/Ravens??

Special K

2 hours ago, foreboding said:

I will watch every minute of the remaining 3 games. Then we are on to the dark days of sport purgatory.

This is really hitting home for me this year.  Never been an MLB guy, tuned the NBA out years ago, and I'm at a point where I can barely stomach watching the Sabres.  This is it for awhile 

• Agree 2

I'm not giving them my ratings either. The NFL wants the Chiefs to go to the SB because of the ratings Taylor Swift and her Swifties generate.

The officiating crew for today’s AFC Championship Game is being led by Shawn Smith means the league wants the Chiefs to win.

Smith has heavily favored the road team in recent years. NFL home teams have about a 50% win percentage. But in games called by Smith over the past couple of years, it's 40.8 percent. 

They have a ref in their rotation who is a MASSIVE edge to road teams. Road teams win at the #1 highest rate with Smith. He penalizes home teams in ways no other ref does. 

The NFL is becoming a joke. Pretty soon you’ll be seeing other NFL players date mega stars because they know that gives their team a better chance to win. 

Edited by Trust The Process
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/27/2024 at 10:50 AM, 90sBills said:

Not at all unreasonable to rather watch Allen than Purdy/Goff. Especially being Bills fans. But there’s also two other guys still playing that are very electrifying. Mahomes is the best qb in the league and Lamar is considered the most exciting qb by a lot of people. With 2 MVPs and most likely a Superbowl appearance after this weekend many with put him above Allen going into next year. Our boy has got to step up next season. 

From what I hear, neither QB was all that electrifying and Lamar was downright “pedestrian” or worse. 

I stand by my original statement. Allen spoils us, all other QB’s just aren’t as much fun to watch. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Seeing the final score of the game, I am very happy with my decision not to watch.....on to the NFC Championship to see which team will advance and hopefully beat the Chefs in the SB.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Dang, I called it on both: Chiefs win, Lamar stinks. 

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

But he’s the MVP 🙄

Playoff Josh Allen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Playoff Lamar

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Trust The Process said:

I'm not giving them my ratings either. The NFL wants the Chiefs to go to the SB because of the ratings Taylor Swift and her Swifties generate.

The officiating crew for today’s AFC Championship Game is being led by Shawn Smith means the league wants the Chiefs to win.

Smith has heavily favored the road team in recent years. NFL home teams have about a 50% win percentage. But in games called by Smith over the past couple of years, it's 40.8 percent. 

They have a ref in their rotation who is a MASSIVE edge to road teams. Road teams win at the #1 highest rate with Smith. He penalizes home teams in ways no other ref does. 

The NFL is becoming a joke. Pretty soon you’ll be seeing other NFL players date mega stars because they know that gives their team a better chance to win. 

Yeah it’s fishy to me now that all the sudden they just - turn on a switch - this is not passing the smell test 

not sure how I feel after the last 20 years of the nfl

My dad asked me if I was watching and I said "after last week, just tell me who wins". I don't care to watch it.

I'd have rather Baltimore wkn. I don't like the feeling that comes with losing to KC and then seeing KC win it all. Makes me feel like if we just went through them, we'd have been at least AFC Champions.

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

My dad asked me if I was watching and I said "after last week, just tell me who wins". I don't care to watch it.

I'd have rather Baltimore wkn. I don't like the feeling that comes with losing to KC and then seeing KC win it all. Makes me feel like if we just went through them, we'd have been at least AFC Champions.

Agreed.

After 13 seconds, it was atleast refreshing that KC lost to the team, who lost the Super Bowl. 

If KC wins, my already twindling enthusiasm for football is going to probably hit an all time low. But it's just like growing up as a kid, I wouldn't/couldn't miss a sports center. I havnt watched a SC in probably 15 years (around the time I graduated college)

1 hour ago, Yobogoya! said:

From what I hear, neither QB was all that electrifying and Lamar was downright “pedestrian” or worse. 

I stand by my original statement. Allen spoils us, all other QB’s just aren’t as much fun to watch. 

For better or worse, Lamar was insanely entertaining.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.