Patriot WR arrested for illegal gambling - Over 8,000 bets!

Einstein

Just now, boyst said:

the NCAA is very very big on the gambling issue. The Don't Bet On It campaign has been around a very long time. Every locker room in the NCAA is littered with signs and billboards about it. There are several meetings that teams have to go through, including stuff like this. Even baseball, track, and diving teams have preventative and warning seminars for betting. They have them for domestic abuse, substance abuse, sexual assault, dealing with law enforcement, and more.

The NFL does not do as well to protect its athletes as the NCAA.

Looks like it’s working as well as “Just Say No,” did .. which turned out to be totally worthless. 

• Haha (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Old Coot said:

It's only a matter of time before there's a sports scandal involving players bribed to throw a game.

Lower level NCAA BBall teams, towards the end of the season with nothing to play for that have seniors starting and seemingly no future after school's done.

Play bad defense and intentionally miss most of your shots. Make sure you lose by more than 9.5 and I'll settle up the $25K in a couple weeks. Deal? But you make sure your teams loses by 10 or more (or  else).

Doesn't seem too far-fetched to me. 

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Is it pronounced 'towt', or 'toot'? 🤔

image.jpeg.18917a1902f1d0686b1e5af43c6b6d0a.jpeg
"Hey Bud...c'mere..."

Looks like Jack Benny on the left.

Is that Jim Backus on the right? You know, billionaire Thurston Howell.

3 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

Looks like Jack Benny on the left.

Is that Jim Backus on the right? You know, billionaire Thurston Howell.

No, Hollywood radio and television actor Sheldon Leonard, who later became a writer, director, and producer in television.  He was the producer of 'The Dick Van Dee-Why-Kay-Eee Show', 'The Danny Thomas Show', and 'I Spy', among others.

Yes, that is the parsimonious Mr. Benny on the left.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Fooling the censor. 😁

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Lower level NCAA BBall teams, towards the end of the season with nothing to play for that have seniors starting and seemingly no future after school's done.

Play bad defense and intentionally miss most of your shots. Make sure you lose by more than 9.5 and I'll settle up the $25K in a couple weeks. Deal? But you make sure your teams loses by 10 or more (or  else).

Doesn't seem too far-fetched to me. 

Hedake Smith at Arizona State.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

No, Hollywood radio and television actor Sheldon Leonard, who later became a writer, director, and producer in television.  He was the producer of 'The Dick Van Dee-Why-Kay-Eee Show', 'The Danny Thomas Show', and 'I Spy', among others.

Yes, that is the parsimonious Mr. Benny on the left.

Thanks. Sheldon Leonard was also the mean bartender in It’s A Wonderful Life.

12 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

He seemed to have done better with his bets than his receptions this year in NE

haha

I thought he was going to be great.  

Perhaps it’s more of a qb/cosch situation for that offense.  🤷‍♂️

• Agree 1

On 1/25/2024 at 9:24 PM, Einstein said:

Drafted by the Patriots last offseason, this is a player that the Patriots forum was very high on before and during the season.

Dude lost more than 80k at the end of the day. Obviously he didn’t have any insiders knowledge. Much ado about nothing, imo. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.