How do fans even think about the future at times like this?

ShakAttack

That is what I want to know.

Who cares about the future right now?

KC just ended our season for the 3rd time in 4 years.

I mean... I can't even get myself to care about that right now.  And it's going to take a while.   I am amazed so many of you are able to do that - almost immediately - following a loss like this.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, rajinka said:

Well atleast next year the future looks bad.  Need new safeties, wr's, Half the d line with no cap space

Not sure if that makes it any better, but I am at the point where I don't believe we can ever beat KC in the playoffs, so it is feeling pretty pointless to me right now, and yet... I can't get out... I hate being a Bills fan lol.

• Agree 4

12 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I learned from history and expected nothing other than a loss today. Nothing will change with McDermott 

I did too.  But it didn't make it any easier.  Because once again the bills found themselves in a great position to win.  

35 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

I mean... I can't even get myself to care about that right now.  And it's going to take a while.   I am amazed so many of you are able to do that - almost immediately - following a loss like this.

Well, thinking about the present sucks pretty bad so moving onto thinking about future possibilities asap is preferable. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

First year as a Bills fan?

38 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Drink moar

18 minutes ago, damj said:

McDermott always comes up small in the playoffs. 

Next year will be the same thing. 12 and 5 in the regular season, win the Wild card lose the divisional round 

In the playoffs the McDermott led Bills are:

5-0 against 5-7 seeded teams. 

0-6 against 1-4 seeded teams. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Been doing this since 1988.  I’m 45.  I’m as disappointed as can be but deep down I know health matters and we were going against a HOF play caller and QB that’s beaten everyone the last 6 years to get to the AFCCG.  

Deep down I knew we needed Super Josh tonight.  He was outside of the last 2 plays.  

Our Kicker sucks.  

We fired a OC halfway thru the year.  

From Milano to Jones to White to Benford and Bernard - that’s just not an optimal situation - lots of cap space on injured guys or guys not remotely healthy - Von. 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Because I can't change what happened today. And with Allen we at least have a shot at the Superbowl in the future still. Realistically 5-7 year window still imo. As a Bills fan who was young enough to not really get to enjoy the 90's Bills teams (I was 5 in 1990) this is the closest I have got to enjoy a winning Bills team who have a real shot. So I am enjoying it all even though we have yet gotten over this KC playoff hump. 

6 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

First year as a Bills fan?

Been here since before Wide Right Part 1  (assuming this game is about to be labeled "Wide Right II")

So no.

And that's exactly why I feel the way I do.

In fact, on a side note, I've been waiting since "The Comeback" for the Bills to be on the winning end of a classic game that gets its own name.  We always lose those games.  Makes it hard to "look forward" to the next year, among other things.

7 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

McDermott put all the chips on a game "tying" FG with a struggling kicker. You can't make this up.

Neutered Allen and played small ball which favored the Chiefs...get used to an empty trophy case.

No way. Josh was slinging it that last drive. Missed a TD on 2nd down, couldn't find anybody open on 3rd down. 

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, rajinka said:

Well atleast next year the future looks bad.  Need new safeties, wr's, Half the d line with no cap space

and this will be the excuse to keep McD when we underperform next year.  

If we draft well and use FA well, we should be able to solve the WR and safety and DL issues.  

McD screwed us again this year.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.