Compared to other QBs, JA dominates in December and January

BillsFan619

14 hours ago, Airseven said:

Fun stats. But he’s got one AFC championship game appearance on his resume. As you say, he needs to win not just compile more rushing TDs.

I think the data provides overwhelming evidence that Buffalo's failures to advance to a Super Bowl are not because of Allen's play but point to other factors beyond his control.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ImpactCorey said:

Something tells me sitting in week 18 and having a first week bye in the playoffs is a factor.

kinda gets negated by an extra game played in the AFCCG... plus, how many playoff games has Mahomes played at home? 

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Airseven said:

Fun stats. But he’s got one AFC championship game appearance on his resume. As you say, he needs to win not just compile more rushing TDs.

Fun guy, this one…

• Haha (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Airseven said:

3 of Josh’s playoff loses had little to do with his performance and a lot to do with coaching blunders.  Josh is arguably the best QB in the NFL, I think it would be unquestioned if he had a top flight OC.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Prospector said:

kinda gets negated by an extra game played in the AFCCG... plus, how many playoff games has Mahomes played at home? 

You're right.  I was thinking that game was generally played in February but it squeaks in at the end of January.  So I counted and it appears Allen and Mahomes played the same number of games in Dec/Jan in this span.  My mistake.   It is an impressive stat.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I think the data provides overwhelming evidence that Buffalo's failures to advance to a Super Bowl are not because of Allen's play but point to other factors beyond his control.

His QB rating in the Houston game and Bengals game was under 70. The offense did nothing in the AFC championship vs KC and his rating was under 80. He did not help Buffalo in those losses. If we want to say he wasn't the reason that's fine. The whole team sucked in all of these games including him and the offense. Outside of these games he has been really good in the playoffs. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Again, February stats should be included here.

They would add nothing to the discussion because we've already established that Allen has played great in December & January and has done all he could to get to February.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

3 of Josh’s playoff loses had little to do with his performance and a lot to do with coaching blunders.  Josh is arguably the best QB in the NFL, I think it would be unquestioned if he had a top flight OC.  

Your points don’t matter. They’re window dressing to make hometown fans feel good.

Two more wins (not necessarily three) and all the stats and fringe records slot into place to bolster a QB who finally ascended. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Mikie2times said:

His QB rating in the Houston game and Bengals game was under 70. The offense did nothing in the AFC championship vs KC and his rating was under 80. He did not help Buffalo in those losses. If we want to say he wasn't the reason that's fine. The whole team sucked in all of these games including him and the offense. Outside of these games he has been really good in the playoffs. 

You ignore Allen's 80+ rushing yards in the KC championship game.  Even worse you ignore the D's play whch allowed the Chiefs to go up and down the field on long TD plays all game long.

As far as the Bengal's game goes that was on the D to win and they fell flat on their face.  The Cincy game was like the Ravens playoff game in that the weather favored a low scoring, defensive slug fest.  The problem was the D didn't show up allowing the Bengal's to go on 2 long TD drives the first two times they had the ball.  That put the Bills in a 14 - 0 hole they were never able to climb out of.  BTW, Allen's ONE TO didn't come until late in the 4th quarter when the game was already over.

And are you high to be throwing out the Houston playoff game from 2019? Allen was still improving and the O had very little talent.  Again it was the D which had the lions share of the Bills best players that blew a 16 - 0 lead half way through the 3rd quarter.

Why do negative people like you bother to post on a thread like this where the originator is trying to talk up our QB and team on the eve of a huge playoff game?

3 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Those are good individual stats. 

Well generally speaking if your QB is going to get you to a Super Bowl he better be able to produce "good individual stats" in December & January.  Of course that alone won't guarantee a SB berth but it's a very good start.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

You ignore Allen's 80+ rushing yards in the KC championship game.  Even worse you ignore the D's play whch allowed the Chiefs to go up and down the field on long TD plays all game long.

As far as the Bengal's game goes that was on the D to win and they fell flat on their face.  The Cincy game was like the Ravens playoff game in that the weather favored a low scoring, defensive slug fest.  The problem was the D didn't show up allowing the Bengal's to go on 2 long TD drives the first two times they had the ball.  That put the Bills in a 14 - 0 hole they were never able to climb out of.  BTW, Allen's ONE TO didn't come until late in the 4th quarter when the game was already over.

And are you high to be throwing out the Houston playoff game from 2019? Allen was still improving and the O had very little talent.  Again it was the D which had the lions share of the Bills best players that blew a 16 - 0 lead half way through the 3rd quarter.

Why do negative people like you bother to post on a thread like this where the originator is trying to talk up our QB and team on the eve of a huge playoff game?

Well generally speaking if your QB is going to get you to a Super Bowl he better be able to produce "good individual stats" in December & January.  Of course that alone won't guarantee a SB berth but it's a very good start.

Yes, I’m high because I think a sub 70 rating in todays NFL is not good.

14 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Yeah your second sentence was basically what I had in mind. He is exactly who we want at QB, but if the team around him is less than (I'm not saying they are) then he's only as good as he is. Much like Payton and Rodgers much of their careers. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Airseven said:

Not sure how anyone can poo poo this comment.  I guess winning isn’t important?  It’s all about the stat sheet?  Enjoy the stats guys.

19 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

What about passing TDs? 

Most of these comparisons and records rely on his rushing. The rushing proves he’s an elite athlete. We know he’s an elite athlete. But I don’t think the rushing distinguishes him as an elite QB…or better than Mahomes.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.