Taylor vs Mafia

pennstate10

14 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Taylor courts the attention: see the ridiculous Kecle jacket against Miami. 

Breaking news: One of the biggest pop stars in the world wears a custom jacket to support her boyfriend. It’s scandalous! 🙄

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Come on Swifties and fellow travelers! The situation has become just a bit nauseating. It’s coming across more and more like a high school romance.

I’ll always remember what the great Aretha Franklin said when asked about Swift’s singing: “ That girl sure can dress“.  She’s really not as musically talented as her acolytes make her out to be.

Edited by Mojo44
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

For those having fun with all of this and posting funny pics and memes and making jokes....good on ya. This is a funny thing to poke fun at.

For those who legitimately have a problem with Swift or claim she's "attention mongering" or any of the other ridiculous stuff you see on Twitter and elsewhere...get a life. Swift has done nothing since all this began but show up to the games and root for the person she's dating. Big f'n deal. She is literally just existing. Just living her life. And the NFL needs/wants Taylor Swift around FAR more than Taylor Swift needs to be associated with the NFL. The league gains a ton from her presence. She gains...well...nothing but headaches and harassment for showing up, I would imagine.

If the mere presence of a talented, successful, famous woman at an NFL game legitimately triggers or angers anyone, then said person has some issues that go far beyond a sports league's coverage of said famous woman.

All of that having been said...I hope Ms Swift has a lovely time in Orchard Park watching her boyfriend get eliminated from the playoffs.

this is a fantastic post.  I may not agree with some things Swift believes in, but she seems to be a genuinely kind and caring soul who inspires literally hundreds of millions of people.  She is not responsible for the TV Networks putting her on as often as they do. 

50 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Taylor courts the attention: see the ridiculous Kecle jacket against Miami. 

Oh really? You mean the jacket made by the wife of a 49ers player who just wants to make people happy with cool jackets?

Most men would absolutely LOVE if their woman was that supportive.   

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 2

Copy and paste. We all know. It's not because of Taylor's success. It the f'n networks that just have the need to show her. Why don't these networks ever show her when TK drops a pass or when the Chiefs lose??? That's what pisses me off. They actually showed Jerruh when thw Clownboys were getting their ***** kicked in. They never show Tay Tay when in that situation. You show her in that situation, then maybe I could respect her more. 

I'll take Pink, Gwen or Madonna over her any day, and twice on Sundays. 

53 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

this is a fantastic post.  I may not agree with some things Swift believes in, but she seems to be a genuinely kind and caring soul who inspires literally hundreds of millions of people.  She is not responsible for the TV Networks putting her on as often as they do. 

Oh really? You mean the jacket made by the wife of a 49ers player who just wants to make people happy with cool jackets?

Most men would absolutely LOVE if their woman was that supportive.   

yeah, that jacket I guess.  I didn't bother to search for a backstory about it.  In any event, she didn't need to wear it.  She tries to draw attention, then acts stunned when she gets it.  

1 hour ago, Mojo44 said:

Come on Swifties and fellow travelers! The situation has become just a bit nauseating. It’s coming across more and more like a high school romance.

I’ll always remember what the great Aretha Franklin said when asked about Swift’s singing: “ That girl sure can dress“.  She’s really not as musically talented as her acolytes make her out to be.

the biggest money making tour in music history (by a country mile) would seem to argue many people disagree with you.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ga boy said:

She is a hard worker which the Mafia should respect.  I respect her talent and hard work.  She seems to be a good role model for girls.  I think her being in Buffalo adds some pazzazz to our party.  Maybe she’ll jump through a table.  Glad she’ll be here.

Actually I think what's really great about her is that she's added a ton more eyes to our sport, and I love that so many of those eyes are young girls. 

I respect the crap out of her even if I don't love her music. She went from a kind of country-pop artist from PA to a Billion Dollar enterprise. Ain't just anyone who can do that

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

the biggest money making tour in music history (by a country mile) would seem to argue many people disagree with you.

What you  state is in no way in indication of musical talent. It never has been. A herd mentality never appealed to me. What you say is inconsequential to me. I stand by what Aretha and I say. 

Edited by Mojo44

33 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

yeah, that jacket I guess.  I didn't bother to search for a backstory about it.  In any event, she didn't need to wear it.  She tries to draw attention, then acts stunned when she gets it.  

I actually thought that was cool! I mean look how much love Kristin Juszczyk got out of that! 

1 minute ago, Mojo44 said:

What do you state is in no way in indication of musical talent. It never has been. A herd mentality never appealed to me. What you say is inconsequential to me. I stand by what Aretha and I say. 

So. Let's put aside the SOUND of her music.

She's got an above average voice. I don't think anyone would consider her a diva-level voice. 

How many artists can you name that write their own music, play their own music whether it's guitar or piano AND sing at a fairly high level? Beyond that her target audience loves the CRAP out of her lyrics because how much they relate. I mean she has deep cuts on their that I have no idea exist, but you talk to random fans they'll talk about, to go ALONG with her made for radio hits - which again she writes. 

By just about ANY objective measure, she's an insanely talented artist and musician. Only dwarfed by her business instincts. 

Disliking her music is a personal preference, stating she doesn't have much musical talent is going against a massive amount of evidence that says otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, appoo said:

I actually thought that was cool! I mean look how much love Kristin Juszczyk got out of that! 

So. Let's put aside the SOUND of her music.

She's got an above average voice. I don't think anyone would consider her a diva-level voice. 

How many artists can you name that write their own music, play their own music whether it's guitar or piano AND sing at a fairly high level? Beyond that her target audience loves the CRAP out of her lyrics because how much they relate. I mean she has deep cuts on their that I have no idea exist, but you talk to random fans they'll talk about, to go ALONG with her made for radio hits - which again she writes. 

By just about ANY objective measure, she's an insanely talented artist and musician. Only dwarfed by her business instincts. 

Disliking her music is a personal preference, stating she doesn't have much musical talent is going against a massive amount of evidence that says otherwise. 

OMG you people. Trigger much. Her voice is adequate. That’s it. And if you don’t know the thousands of musicians who can play all those instruments and sing well then you don’t know much about music.

look I have nothing against her. In fact, the one thing we seem to have in common is that we are both quite woke! I don’t hate her music. I don’t think it’s much special. If you can relate to her lyrics then good for you. I find that they sort of belie her mid-30s age but that’s me. Personally I find her to be much more style than substance. But good for her that she seems like a nice person and I don’t care that she is Uber rich. We are just having some fun here. Holy crap!

9 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

What you  state is in no way in indication of musical talent. It never has been. A herd mentality never appealed to me. What you say is inconsequential to me. I stand by what Aretha and I say. 

LOL--that may be the greatest sentence posted that I have seen in 15 years!!!  

anyway, pop "musical talent" (including A Franklin, in her day) is all subjective.  So it actually is an indication of her musical talent.  

She writes songs, sings, plays instruments, runs her business...no talent there you can see?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mojo44 said:

OMG you people. Trigger much. Her voice is adequate. That’s it. And if you don’t know the thousands of musicians who can play all those instruments and sing well then you don’t know much about music.

look I have nothing against her. In fact, the one thing we seem to have in common is that we are both quite woke! I don’t hate her music. I don’t think it’s much special. If you can relate to her lyrics then good for you. I find that they sort of belie her mid-30s age but that’s me. Personally I find her to be much more style than substance. But good for her that she seems like a nice person and I don’t care that she is Uber rich. We are just having some fun here. Holy crap!

Huh? I'm not at all triggered and I don't really listen to her music. I respect her. I'm an analyst by trade, and that's all I'm really doing here. Her numbers are insane, which means there's evidence of something really special with her

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

LOL--that may be the greatest sentence posted that I have seen in 15 years!!!  

anyway, pop "musical talent" (including A Franklin, in her day) is all subjective.  So it actually is an indication of her musical talent.  

She writes songs, sings, plays instruments, runs her business...no talent there you can see?

First of all Aretha was not a pop singer she was a soul singer. Secondly, I never said she had no talent. I just think she has less musical talent then given credit for. Why is everyone so triggered about this! I’m beginning to think, and I can vouch for this professionally, there’s some of you are having intense sexual fantasies about her and therefore rush to her defense when not necessary 

4 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

First of all Aretha was not a pop singer she was a soul singer. Secondly, I never said she had no talent. I just think she has less musical talent then given credit for. Why is everyone so triggered about this! I’m beginning to think, and I can vouch for this professionally, there’s some of you are having intense sexual fantasies about her and therefore rush to her defense when not necessary 

Sorry I guess I got the wrong impression from:

Come on Swifties and fellow travelers! The situation has become just a bit nauseating. It’s coming across more and more like a high school romance. I’ll always remember what the great Aretha Franklin said when asked about Swift’s singing: “ That girl sure can dress“. She’s really not as musically talented as her acolytes make her out to be.

That comes across as (to me) you not thinking she has much musical talent, period - rather than not quite as much as what he fans believe, which I wouldn't have any kind of issue with. So apologies for taking your hyperbole a bit too literally 

(I think she looks androgynous to me so no sexual fantasies here)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.