Playoff WC: Buy, Sell, Hold

boyst

The premise remains the same week after week. Place your orders on the players, units, teams, coaches, weather, or anything you'd like. You can choose to buy a player because he's cheap and a penny stock, you can sell a player because he is crashing and you want out. You could also sell high. There is no rules for this, it is just make believe.

Buy: Fornette. We need him this week to be consistent and secure the ball. With the weather being a factor we may struggle to score 20 points.

Sell: Cook. I don't see it being a week we should rely on him.

Hold: Domed stadium. We got what we want. A home field advantage guaranteed through at least 2 games. If weather plays a factor where we struggle through these games we will hear an overwhelming cry for a dome. If we do not struggle and more specifically weather is reasonable in the divisional round we may have less commotion. Regardless, we will not be getting a dome but I still want to see how things go in the playoffs where the environmental factors are an obvious issue historically.

I love this

Buy:  Knox and Kincaid - blocking and receiving and maybe a trick play!  If the plan is to establish a ground game, let's do that

Sell:  slow developing plays and downfield shots - goal will be to get the ball out quick and keep Allen on his feet. 

Hold:  Allen as Superman.  we all know at some point it'll come to that

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Buy:  Shakir (Has shown great hands and YAC.  Could be a real asset in this game and conditions)

Sell:  Throws 10 yards down field (if the wind and snow is how it's projected, and Fitzpatrick is back, keep it underneath)

Hold:  Agreed on Dome Stadium.  If the Bills lose this game because Josh can't be Josh and have to play Steeler style football, what worse situation is there than knowing our new stadium won't protect us in the playoffs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I am not going with a specific player. Given the weather this game will be won at the LOS. 

On offense it's the entire OL - run the ball well and that opens up the passing game.

On defense it's the front 7 - stop the run and the Steelers will have a tough time moving the ball.

Buy:  Shakir. Simple the best possession receiver we have.

Sell:  Sugar High Josh. We need smart decisions. Also Sell Davis. We are better w/o him and his mistakes.

Hold: Vonn. The playoffs are here. He's still a liability until proven otherwise.

Toss: Dome garbage. If weather cannot be an advantage to our team, then Beanne and McD failed to build the team correctly!

44 minutes ago, boyst said:

The premise remains the same week after week. Place your orders on the players, units, teams, coaches, weather, or anything you'd like. You can choose to buy a player because he's cheap and a penny stock, you can sell a player because he is crashing and you want out. You could also sell high. There is no rules for this, it is just make believe.

Buy: Fornette. We need him this week to be consistent and secure the ball. With the weather being a factor we may struggle to score 20 points.

Sell: Cook. I don't see it being a week we should rely on him.

Hold: Domed stadium. We got what we want. A home field advantage guaranteed through at least 2 games. If weather plays a factor where we struggle through these games we will hear an overwhelming cry for a dome. If we do not struggle and more specifically weather is reasonable in the divisional round we may have less commotion. Regardless, we will not be getting a dome but I still want to see how things go in the playoffs where the environmental factors are an obvious issue historically.

Sell:  everyone who knows what the weather is like in Buffalo in January and complains about it anyway.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

Buy:  Shakir. Simple the best possession receiver we have.

Sell:  Sugar High Josh. We need smart decisions. Also Sell Davis. We are better w/o him and his mistakes.

Hold: Vonn. The playoffs are here. He's still a liability until proven otherwise.

Toss: Dome garbage. If weather cannot be an advantage to our team, then Beanne and McD failed to build the team correctly!

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Sell:  everyone who knows what the weather is like in Buffalo in January and complains about it anyway.  

to clarify. i do not want to hear the garbage on the dome or no dome. but i want to hold my comments until after the next few weeks and see what is said. i don't think i'll change my mind that we do not need it but if we get two back to back weeks of miserable weather than i will be annoyed and look to find fault in anything possible. especially if we lose.

Buy:

Baylon Spector. Weather and opponent mixed with Dodson being less than 100% could give Spector a chance to play a lot of reps. Shut down the rush attack and let them try and win in adverse conditions with Mason Rudolph throwing the ball.

Sell:

Harty. A ST PoW winner this week, should be slowed a bit by the frozen fields. 

Hold:

James Cook. I don't think this is his week. Between ball security issues and the field he could be an afterthought in this one. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, boyst said:

to clarify. i do not want to hear the garbage on the dome or no dome. but i want to hold my comments until after the next few weeks and see what is said. i don't think i'll change my mind that we do not need it but if we get two back to back weeks of miserable weather than i will be annoyed and look to find fault in anything possible. especially if we lose.

Personally, I like dome idea and thought it was a better investment than an open-air stadium.  But it was clear that NYS and Terry didn’t want to spend the money.  

With that being said it’s like - What do you expect?” 

This isn’t luck or a lousy draw.  This is winter in Buffalo, NY

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Personally, I like dome idea and thought it was a better investment than an open-air stadium.  But it was clear that NYS and Terry didn’t want to spend the money.  

With that being said it’s like - What do you expect?” 

This isn’t luck or a lousy draw.  This is winter in Buffalo, NY

Exactly! Build a team where this is an advantage. Or at least plan for it to be used as an advantage!

9 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

Exactly! Build a team where this is an advantage. Or at least plan for it to be used as an advantage!

Beane has explained multiple times in the past that drafting a big, strong armed QB that could throw in the elements is why they were drawn to Josh.  At least, that was his story.  

• Like (+1) 2

Buy - Shakir - This is the kind of game someone like him can be a huge help to Josh.  Davis brings nothing to the short to mid pass attack in terms of consistency, separation, etc.  Diggs will get extra attention.  SHAKIR SHAKIR SHAKIR - Feed the kid the ball like his name was Beasley.  

Sell - Cook - I think this is the kind of game where we have lost before because we didn’t have a physical run game.  And this is why they brought in Harris originally and then Fournette once Harris was lost.  Cook will still get touches, but I think we will see “Playoff Lenny” start to emerge this week in terms of being more of a true split with Cook and could lean on him in the 2nd half to wear down Pitt and help protect the ball.  

Hold - Joe Brady - This will be a big test for Brady and how he adopts to this kind of weather in a big moment.  His predecessor crapped the bed in a similar style game last year.  While I believe and expect Brady to fare better based on having established a more successful run game and facing a lesser foe, it’s still his first playoff game and probably the worst weather he’s had to call a game in so far.

As the new stadium was designed to deal with the wind I think it’ll be fine.  The current stadium is built in a hole, with a wide open structure that allows the wind to blow straight through, and a single access tunnel that does all kinds of weird stuff.  I’m actually looking forward to the new one.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sunshynman said:

Hold: Vonn.

I am all for holding Lindsey Vonn! 🤪

Buy - Khalil "Tupac" Shakir.  Massive upside to this stock, as it is still priced to move.  Get in on the ground floor, this baby is a rocketship to the moon.  

Sell - "I'm Rick" James Cook ",BIATCH!"  Stock is trending down, so it's OK to take a little profit and buy back after what should be a short-term correction.

Hold (besides Lindsey Vonn) - Dane Jackson.  Solid performer, steady veteran who can be relied on to fill gaps in your portfolio with steady dividend income.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sunshynman said:

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Beane has explained multiple times in the past that drafting a big, strong armed QB that could throw in the elements is why they were drawn to Josh.  At least, that was his story.  

put some extra big boys on your PS to call up, get yourself a lenny fornette for ball security... all we are missing is a fullback.

22 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I am all for holding Lindsey Vonn! 🤪

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGn3VWPqzkn8PCXaQUS8M

• Like (+1) 2

Buy: Special Teams unit: To put it mildly the ST unit has not been very good this season. Bass has missed a few makeable kicks, they have let up two TD’s plus a few other big returns, Harty had a big muff against the Chargers, Martin’s punting for a lot of the season was mediocre and up until Harty’s big return they haven’t made many big plays.

BUT I think that’s going to go in the other  direction. Martin’s punting has been a lot better and I think Harty is going to break off another big return. Bass also has been clutch in making kicks most notably against the Chargers. I think the ST unit has been energized by Harty’s return and Martin’s punting. 

Hold: Turnovers. This is the big IF in the Bills playoff chances. They are not going to have the ability to win multiple playoff games with multiple turnovers. You may get away with it once but consistently you can’t win playoff games with more than 1 turnover. It’s got to be a point of emphasis to get the turnovers to stay at 0 or at worst 1.

Sell: Diggs is hurt and less effective. Diggs having a nice game against the Fins was a great sign after a very quiet stretch of the season. Diggs is going to come out like a champion and baller in the playoffs.

Buy:  Dawson Knox.  Dude almost always gets a TD at home in the playoffs.  (I also love the Fournette pick here)

Sell:  Long downfield passes and empty backfield sets in this weather.  Need to present the appearance we could run.  I do trust Josh's arm to make those intermediate throws on a rope.

Hold:  Cook.  I understand the concerns but I think he could be good in bad weather.

Dome talk:  nonsense.  The new stadium has SOTA wind confusion technology!

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

Buy:  Shakir (Has shown great hands and YAC.  Could be a real asset in this game and conditions)

Sell:  Throws 10 yards down field (if the wind and snow is how it's projected, and Fitzpatrick is back, keep it underneath)

Hold:  Agreed on Dome Stadium.  If the Bills lose this game because Josh can't be Josh and have to play Steeler style football, what worse situation is there than knowing our new stadium won't protect us in the playoffs

Good job Virgil...pretty much exactly what I would have said. Plans for a dome should've been finalized 5 years ago when we saw what we had in Josh.  This ridiculous and romantic idea that bad weather games somehow helps us is completely moronic and selfish. Bad weather games (wind, rain, snow) completely neutralizes any big advantage we have in Josh.  And for those that can't see this, I can't help you.

Find Diggs and Shakir on shorter routes. Reduce the turnovers and we win.

• Like (+1) 1

Buy: TE position, I think both Knox/Kincaid will be the key in a game where downfield passing might not be much of an option pending the weather.

Sell: Torrance, I know it won't likely happen but if i'm the coaching staff it's very tempting to sit him for the playoffs and start Bates or Edwards given how much of a liability he's been in recent weeks and this team will be facing dominant players in the middle from here on out (Hayword, Jones, etc).

Hold: Cook, he still makes me nervous every time he touches the ball and has dropped a lot very catchable balls. I get the sense McD probably don't trust him either and expect to see a lot of playoff Lenny going forward.

33 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Buy: TE position, I think both Knox/Kincaid will be the key in a game where downfield passing might not be much of an option pending the weather.

Sell: Torrance, I know it won't likely happen but if i'm the coaching staff it's very tempting to sit him for the playoffs and start Bates or Edwards given how much of a liability he's been in recent weeks and this team will be facing dominant players in the middle from here on out (Hayword, Jones, etc).

Hold: Cook, he still makes me nervous every time he touches the ball and has dropped a lot very catchable balls. I get the sense McD probably don't trust him either and expect to see a lot of playoff Lenny going forward.

Re Torrence.

In this game I'm having Gilliam on the field to play strong I formation. I'm putting him back there to block like blocking must be done. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.