Strength of Schedule for League 2024

boyst

Interesting how quick the AFC south turned around to become a tough division.  I suspect not getting to play the NFC south brings them back down to reality quickly.

Also its super weird that the Lions won the division and are so much lower than the Packers.  I dont understand that really at all.  their records arent different enough to account for that.

Edited by YattaOkasan

47 minutes ago, boyst said:

image.thumb.png.a0a3c274eab8e9816cc91c7a3b62e778.png 

Hadn't seen this anywhere and looked online all over. So I made it... we have 2024's 3rd hardest schedule.

Mods feel free to merge if you'd like to any other thread.

The Dolphins will get a bunch of cupcakes again, and the national media will get all excited and talk about how amazing they are.  It's an annual ritual at this point...

Looking at "strength of schedule" this time of year are historically inaccurate and misleading.

With that caveat, one team I dont want to face is a young Texans teams heavy with draft capital and with key stars entering their second season, notably QB sensations CJ Stroud on his rookie contract.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Real McClappy said:

Regular season as well. We have had to go to KC in the regular season like 3 yrs straight now. 

yep we play KC at home next season, since we both placed 1st in our respective divisions :)

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Looking at "strength of schedule" this time of year are historically inaccurate and misleading.

With that caveat, one team I dont want to face is a young Texans teams heavy with draft capital and with key stars entering their second season, notably QB sensations CJ Stroud on his rookie contract.

strength of schedule is finite. you look at the record of the team in 2023.

As long as the Bills keep winning the division the schedule will always be tough based on the previous year's W-L records because of the formula they use to set the schedule:

6 - Two games each vs. AFC East games

4 - One game each vs. one of the AFC divisions (obviously includes division winner)

2 - One game each against the other AFC division winners

4 - One game each vs. one of the NFC divisions (also obvious includes division winner)

1 - One game vs. one of the other NFC division winners

2024:

6 division games

4 games vs. AFC South

1 game each vs. AFC North and AFC West winner

4 games vs. NFC West

1 game vs. NFC North division winner

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Interesting how quick the AFC south turned around to become a tough division.  I suspect not getting to play the NFC south brings them back down to reality quickly.

Also its super weird that the Lions won the division and are so much lower than the Packers.  I dont understand that really at all.  their records arent different enough to account for that.

Packers play Lions.  Lions don’t play against Lions. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Is it normal for the 10th team to be at 50%??  How are only 9 teams above 50% while 11-32 are below? 

id imagine it would have to be more balanced. Are you sure your spreadsheet is averaging that correctly?

7 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Is it normal for the 10th team to be at 50%??  How are only 9 teams above 50% while 11-32 are below? 

id imagine it would have to be more balanced. Are you sure your spreadsheet is averaging that correctly?

Yeah, it looks a little off. Should average out at .500 / 50%, however is a couple of points lower than that. Assuming I am reading it correctly. 

30 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I am working on developing ai on this. I'll double check my code in morning 

6 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Lions play Packers twice.

Packers play Lions twice.

6 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Well, the lions get to play the packers twice while the packers have to play the lions twice. That's a 12 win swing in terms of strength.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.