Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

8 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Yeah.....I don't get this spread at all.  We have been big favorites in recent weeks and have never come close to covering those numbers.  In fact, we haven't covered most of the year in general.  With a physical Steelers team that is going to look to come in here can control the game and time of possession on the ground, with the added weather element, this seems like an easy cove on the line.  I'd be more tempted to take the Steelers on the moneyline than I would be to take the Bills and lay the points.  I think that number in a Playoff game is almost ridiculous in perfect weather let alone what these teams are potentially dealing with Sunday.  Seems like a very strange spread all things considered.

Vegas has had an inexplicable adulation for the Bills the last 3 years. But that alone doesn't explain how the line has only dropped to -9.5 after the lake effect forecast. What is going on here? I like the Bills to win, but you would be insane to bet on Buffalo covering

• Like (+1) 2

Well, flight from the west coast is cancelled, so I am putting away my coat and mittens and will watch the game in the 70s by the pool. Should be a better view, but I'm so sad to miss the snow game experience in person.

If the Bills spread the field they will find better running lanes for Josh and the RBs, but also be able to complete 5-15 yard passes regardless of weather. We are not built to play eight offensive linemen in I formation no matter what the weather, so I hope we can be creative and not just be ourselves like there isn't weather, but also not act like a 1950s Chicago Bears team thinking we have to.

We will try again next weekend if there is a game and there is an airport.

Go Bills

• Sad 3

31 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Josh has thrown 1 or more INTs in 15 of the 17 games this season, including all 3 of the most recent 3 games.  Only recent game with 0 int was Dallas, where we rushed 49 times and passed 15 times.  So that part of their opinion would appear to be grounded in Fact.

I don't understand the viewpoint that the Bills defeat the Steelers easily, even if the weather were perfect.  The Steelers have a very solid defense, #6 in the league for points.  #8 for take-aways.  They have wins against the Browns, Ravens (2x), Rams, and Packers, all playoff teams; they also won against Cincy (2x) and the Seahawks, teams expected to contend.  Like the Bills, they have somewhat inexplicable losses to teams they really should have beaten, namely the Patriots and Cardinals.  They have a talented 1-2 punch at RB in Harris and Warren.  They have a solid coach in Tomlin, and a QB hungry to play whose body is "early in the season" for bumps and bruises.  It's very shallow trendy analysis, IMHO.

I think you slipped and fell into his Sar Chasm ⛰️⛰️

because the Bills are clearly a better football team in almost every aspect, but most importantly the difference at QB is as large as you can get in the NFL.

The Bills have played down to their opponents for the most part this year and bad weather, those are the things Steelers fans are holding onto.

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

Safety. It’s a little snow. Why overreact?

Not an overreaction. Bunch of people died in the last one. So guess thats the overreaction. I would be thrilled to be wrong about the state of emergency situation. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Koufax said:

Well, flight from the west coast is cancelled, so I am putting away my coat and mittens and will watch the game in the 70s by the pool. Should be a better view, but I'm so sad to miss the snow game experience in person.

If the Bills spread the field they will find better running lanes for Josh and the RBs, but also be able to complete 5-15 yard passes regardless of weather. We are not built to play eight offensive linemen in I formation no matter what the weather, so I hope we can be creative and not just be ourselves like there isn't weather, but also not act like a 1950s Chicago Bears team thinking we have to.

We will try again next weekend if there is a game and there is an airport.

Go Bills

Can’t you fly into Rochester and Lyft or find a bus into Orchard Park? Where there is a will there is a way. 

32 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Vegas has had an inexplicable adulation for the Bills the last 3 years. But that alone doesn't explain how the line has only dropped to -9.5 after the lake effect forecast. What is going on here? I like the Bills to win, but you would be insane to bet on Buffalo covering

Agree that has to be the best bet all season. The Bills typically don’t cover big spreads. Oh and apparently the weather is gonna be bad. 

31 minutes ago, Milanos Milano said:

Can’t you fly into Rochester and Lyft or find a bus into Orchard Park? Where there is a will there is a way. 

I like your thinking. Been trying everywhere, but I think we are going to have to root for another opportunity next weekend. Go Bills!

1 minute ago, Koufax said:

I like your thinking. Been trying everywhere, but I think we are going to have to root for another opportunity next weekend. Go Bills!

Fly to Cleveland and drive up. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Anyone know when the Steelers are traveling to Buffalo?  

Presumably they're flying.  

Will the airport even be open?  

Yes. They’re supposed to leave Pittsburgh at 3pm, arrive in Buffalo at 4:15pm 

4 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Yes. They’re supposed to leave Pittsburgh at 3pm, arrive in Buffalo at 4:15pm 

Isn't that supposed to be like the peak of the wind?  They were showing a graphic on the Weather Channel today (which admittedly was probably exaggerated) that showed Buffalo getting 60-75mph winds tomorrow afternoon.

All I know is if they are flying in and it's even blowing 35 steady with gusts above that everyone on that plane better bring a barf bag and wear their brown pants. Pilots included.  

Edited by That's No Moon

1 hour ago, chongli said:

I didn't realize he was this good:

Oh, dear.  Well, that makes him sound splendid.  But saying he's averaged 24 passing attempts and 234 yds per game (of which 60% are YAC), and has a total of 3 passing TDs in 3 games, might make him sound a bit more ordinary?

He's certainly elevated the QB play in Pittsburgh, but the bar was kinda low.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Isn't that supposed to be like the peak of the wind?  They were showing a graphic on the Weather Channel today (which admittedly was probably exaggerated) that showed Buffalo getting 60-75mph winds tomorrow afternoon.

All I know is if they are flying in and it's even blowing 35 steady with gusts above that everyone on that plane better bring a barf bag and wear their brown pants. Pilots included.  

I dunno about peak, but the NOAA forcast calls for 32-37 mph winds possibly gusting "as high as 65".  I would guess that number has an error bar which is where 60-75 might come from, but that would seem like the upper end of the upper end.

Still, if I were a Steeler, I'd be wondering if a 3 hr bus drive to hotel near Highmark Stadium might be preferable to a bus to the airport, 1:15 flight, bus to hotel.

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Exactly. It's bizarre that the weather seems to be worsening on a few sites while others just update a few things here or there. I've never seen accurate weather models shift so much in so short of hours. Granted I don't keep an eye on buffalo weather but for about half the year I check weather 3-4 times a day in NC.

The officials making the decisions - well, I think if this was any other weekend it'd be no story at all.  People would just go on living. 

Lake effect bands are perhaps the most unpredictable weather patterns. Winds can be a fickle thing. 

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

Anyone know when the Steelers are traveling to Buffalo?  

Presumably they're flying.  

Will the airport even be open?  

They are in trouble if they are flying JetBlue like I was...but currently showing more than half the flights tomorrow cancelled already. Would be awesome if they had some extra hassles to deal with between now and kick off...

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Exactly. It's bizarre that the weather seems to be worsening on a few sites while others just update a few things here or there. I've never seen accurate weather models shift so much in so short of hours. Granted I don't keep an eye on buffalo weather but for about half the year I check weather 3-4 times a day in NC.

The officials making the decisions - well, I think if this was any other weekend it'd be no story at all.  People would just go on living. 

Where I am

https://www.nws.noaa.gov/wtf/MapClick.php?site=BUF&textField1=42.7833&textField2=-78.7467&lg=ep

Doesn't seem to have changed much as far as wind.  They've taken the snow accumulation predictions off of Sunday and Monday, maybe that's just an error with the updated forecast and they'll add it back in.

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I dunno about peak, but the NOAA forcast calls for 32-37 mph winds possibly gusting "as high as 65".  I would guess that number has an error bar which is where 60-75 might come from, but that would seem like the upper end of the upper end.

Still, if I were a Steeler, I'd be wondering if a 3 hr bus drive to hotel near Highmark Stadium might be preferable to a bus to the airport, 1:15 flight, bus to hotel.

Seriously. "Sorry Coach, I'll meet you guys there, I'm gonna drive today."

Much of this  thread is Buffalo's going to lose because of the weather or Mason Rudolph is going to beat the Bills because he is the best Qb in the league right now. I wasn't particularly nervous about this game but all this talk is starting to get me down. Man it would be a shame to lose this game to this team or the circumstances.  

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.