Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

Football is an outdoor game.  Winning a title is more than just having the best talent on the field.  It's adjusting to changing conditions & circumstances, and being able to best your opponent when it comes to gameplanning and strategy.

If the Steelers do that better in these conditions, I don't consider it "flukey."  It will have meant they adjusted better, and had the better gameplan.

I don't think they will.  I think Allen's strong arm and superior running ability give us a distinct advantage, and will carry the day.  Rudolph is one-dimensional by comparison.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BCAS Baritone said:

Locusts are cold blooded.  No chance at all that locusts affect this game.  Hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, Kraken are all on the table.  But no locusts.

dont forget the frogs but they definitely didnt sign up for this.  maybe we'll get extra boils and pestilence instead

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aimee75 said:

Because Lake Erie doesn't freeze anymore. Back in the 90's, when the Bills were hosting playoff games and going to Super Bowls, it was different, it was snowier, but we didn't get dumped with the amounts we get dumped with these days. It's a huge nuisance, along with being unsafe. The lake no longer freezing has caused some issues.

I guess we should just move away then?  I just think the dramatic reaction is crazy - last year I'll agree when that ridiculously bad weather happened here- this doesn't seem the same to me at all- but hey - were all different 

1 minute ago, BCAS Baritone said:

Locusts are cold blooded.  No chance at all that locusts affect this game.  Hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, Kraken are all on the table.  But no locusts.

Time to rum the table. 

• Haha (+1) 2

WGRZ Channel 2 weatherman Pat Hammer

My notes from the podcast:

Today (Friday): quiet

Tonight: sun goes down, "rain/snow combo platter", away from the lake 7 or 7:30 may snow, will warm up tonight/tomorrow and change to lake.

Tomorrow (Saturday): windy day with snow showers, maybe 1-2" but high wind of 35-40 mph winds gusting 60-65 mph widespread across area Falls through OP, w to Rochester

Tomorrow night: snow will focus and increase, "Lake Effect" process.  Band will be there, but very challenging to predict actual location of heaviest band - S. Buffalo or OP?

Sunday during tailgating: temperatures in upper teens, snow band either right overhead or just to the north, we won't know location for sure until band sets up.

Sunday during game: could be replica of Colts snow game, could not.  Chance of heavy snow during the game.  Wind will be lighter, 20-30 mph with odd 40 mph gust from Southwest.  "Wind will be a thing, but it's not going to be debilitating wind".

"Best case": Snow band sets up over Buffalo, Orchard Park gets some snow but only 1-2" during the game.

He talked to someone with the Bills this morning, and they are discussing where the players should stay Saturday night - in Buffalo, not in Cleveland.

• Thank you (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Tonight: sun goes down, "rain/snow combo platter", away from the lake 7 or 7:30 may snow, will warm up tonight/tomorrow and change to lake.

Tomorrow (Saturday): windy day with snow showers, maybe 1-2" but high wind of 35-40 mph winds gusting 60-65 mph widespread across area Falls through OP, w to Rochester

Tomorrow night: snow will focus and increase, "Lake Effect" process.  Band will be there, but very challenging to predict actual location of heaviest band - S. Buffalo or OP?

Sunday during tailgating: temperatures in upper teens, snow band either right overhead or just to the north, we won't know location for sure until band sets up.

Sunday during game: could be replica of Colts snow game, could not.  Chance of heavy snow during the game.  Wind will be lighter, 20-30 mph with odd 40 mph gust from Southwest.  "Wind will be a thing, but it's not going to be debilitating wind".

"Best case": Snow band sets up over Buffalo, Orchard Park gets some snow but only 1-2" during the game.

He talked to someone with the Bills this morning, and they are discussing where the players should stay Saturday night - in Buffalo, not in Cleveland.

This can't be true- Pat Hammer must be a fool- I have on good authority from this board that it may indeed be the end of times with Buffalo being ground zero

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Word on the street is Pats got a hammer too. 

3 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

This can't be true- Pat Hammer must be a fool- I have on good authority from this board that it may indeed be the end of times with Buffalo being ground zero

like the opening scene from terminator, guy holding fence as nuclear blast flenses his flesh

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

LOL, So basically we may or may not get a lot of snow.  Typical wny forecast.

• Like (+1) 1

ya know, i'm actually surprised how many people don't know it but the home team generally allows access to the opponents by Thursday at the latest. Sometimes Wednesday. The advanced people go up early to make sure they know the technology, etc. this is usually a small crew.

There is another crew that gets there either the Friday or the Saturday morning. They are making sure all systems are set up, all logistics are intact. 

Saturday night when the team generally arrives there is a group that takes all equipment to the stadium to an awaiting system setup for that team. Many teams bring their own tables or advanced equipment, as well.

A few of us at work are talking about it with a guy here who was on 3 preseason rosters and 1 practice squad team. he was laughing at the idea that the game would be moved at this point - said if anything it'd be delayed until Monday.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, BCAS Baritone said:

The frozen locusts will have the same impact as frozen iguanas.  They will pour down from the sky, lowering visibility and rendering footing challenging.  During periods of heavy locust precipitation, the trajectory of the ball during a pass or kick may be affected.

The helmet-wearing players on the field will not be impacted too much by the frozen locust fall, but coaches and players on the bench should consider protective headgear for the game.

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

ya know, i'm actually surprised how many people don't know it but the home team generally allows access to the opponents by Thursday at the latest. Sometimes Wednesday. The advanced people go up early to make sure they know the technology, etc. this is usually a small crew.

There is another crew that gets there either the Friday or the Saturday morning. They are making sure all systems are set up, all logistics are intact. 

Saturday night when the team generally arrives there is a group that takes all equipment to the stadium to an awaiting system setup for that team. Many teams bring their own tables or advanced equipment, as well.

A few of us at work are talking about it with a guy here who was on 3 preseason rosters and 1 practice squad team. he was laughing at the idea that the game would be moved at this point - said if anything it'd be delayed until Monday.

When did they move the Browns game to Detroit?  Seems like it was relatively last minute.

I don't think this game will be moved, though.

Edited by Beck Water

3 minutes ago, TurfToeJam said:

LOL, So basically we may or may not get a lot of snow.  Typical wny forecast.

I took it as "we can reasonably predict a band of heavy snow, but at this point the exact location of the heaviest band is unpredictable"

I just don't want the weather to be the reason we lose, if we were to lose. If we win, we most likely get The Chiefs, at home, for once!! I want to see Josh beat Mahomes so we don't have to listen to that narrative that he can't get past him when it counts. I don't want the weather screwing with this setup. I can handle a loss if I feel the other team was the better team or just flat out outplays us. If it comes down to fluky stuff it will be a long off season.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.