The Bills final possession

Simon

If they call that series at that point with that much fear in the playoffs, it will bite them on the bippy.

They have got to run their offense there and play for points, not start clock-watching with 6+ minutes left.

McDermott, Brady and Allen should be prepared with a plan to be aggressive with a one score lead in the 4th qrtr or I think they'll regret it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 20
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

to be fair, that “bobsled” tush-push had been pretty money for us this season (at least the latter half when we really started using it).  Miami did a pretty good job against it in the 2nd half there.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Simon said:

If they call that series at that point with that much fear in the playoffs, it will bite them on the bippy.

They have got to run their offense there and play for points, not start clock-watching with 6+ minutes left.

McDermott, Brady and Allen should be prepared with a plan to be aggressive with a one score lead in the 4th qrtr or I think they'll regret it.

I agree with clock watching against Miami. They are exactly the type of offense that can score easily in a flash. I personally would have kicked the long field goal to try to take a 10 point lead but I had no issue with how we ran that drive up to that point

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

On another note, our running game with the backs was crap. What happened to the o-line tonight? 

Both Guards struggled at times, Knox missed multiple blocks and we got a clearer idea of what Gabe Davis does do for this offense.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

On another note, our running game with the backs was crap. What happened to the o-line tonight? 

O-line was fine. James Cook can't break a tackle if his life depended on it.

• Disagree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Disagree. 

They called that last 6 minutes fine. 

That’s what winning teams do. They grind down the last 4-6 minutes by keeping the ball on the ground and throwing safe passes.  Ending with a kneel down. 

Bills were 4 inches away from doing exactly that. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I was screaming at my TV to not run the last tush push play they tried. 

Same here.

We can always count on half a yard from our tush push but that long yard we needed on 4th down was asking a lot. I kinda wonder what a boot leg from the tush push formation would look like.

That last drive, I wish they put the ball in Allen’s hands every play.

If the guy is open, throw it. If not, tell Allen to get a yard or two and get down. As Simon said, far too conservative play-calling.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, pennstate10 said:

Disagree. 

They called that last 6 minutes fine. 

That’s what winning teams do. They grind down the last 4-6 minutes by keeping the ball on the ground and throwing safe passes.  Ending with a kneel down. 

Bills were 4 inches away from doing exactly that. 

They were moving up and down the field at will most of the night. If they just call their offense I bet they end up taking that kneel down in the redzone instead of stalling outside reliable FG range.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Both Guards struggled at times, Knox missed multiple blocks and we got a clearer idea of what Gabe Davis does do for this offense.

Davis managed to take out two guys on the huge Shakir screen which was impressive 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I personally would have kicked the long field goal to try to take a 10 point lead but I had no issue with how we ran that drive up to that point

That's a mighty long kick on grass. 

A far lower % than going for it, imo.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, QB Bills said:

O-line was fine. James Cook can't break a tackle if his life depended on it.

None of the RBs had success (was there even a single good run the entire game that wasn't Allen improvising?). They couldn't get any push on 4th and 1 to end the game. The IOL gave up huge pressure in pass blocking all game as well. Torrence got beaten so badly that it led to the Allen fumble. The o-line definitely wasn't fine, especially the guards/center.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

A bit more aggressive on first or second down so they don't have to necessarily do what they did on 3rd  and 4th which were the right calls.

Exactly.

There was hay to be made on early downs with Kincaid and Shakir on that drive.

• Agree 4

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

Totally agree. Somewhat disappointed in how we treated that last 6 min.  Josh's heroic 13 yard run was amazing but it was like Brady was terrified to call anything other than an A gap run on 1st down which got nothing. He just wanted to run clock over get the 10 yards.

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

He was for it on 4th down 3 times and I agreed with all of them.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Yeah, but we missed it anyway. At least trying the field goal is a shot at a 2 score game

The FG % is probably 60 at best.

Getting a yard with a 250lb QB is probably better than 80%.

And a 1stdown ends the game just as certainly.

It was the right call.

2 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

He was for it on 4th down 3 times and I agreed with all of them.  

I don't disagree.

But a couple of them didn't need to happen in the first place.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.