The OTHER game nobody is talking about: Texans vs Colts

17 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

we all view it differently I guess.

I just feel more comfortable with this Bills defense against teams that will throw the ball more effectively than run it.  I don't like a matchup with the colts or the steelers because they ran the ball with a physical style and for about the same amount.  The dolphins have lots of rushing yards but its a different style and I think in pressure moments they will throw the ball.

I just don't like the idea of those two colts backs vs the Bills.  They will shorten the game and make it a more physical punishing game.

I would much rather play the texans and know they go as the passing game goes because I would feel good about Buffalo's veteran defense vs that passing offense especially in the weather in buffalo if its an issue.

The Steelers have been atrocious all year running the ball minus last week. They do not run it with physicality. 

If this was our run D 2 years ago, i'd agree and say colts scare me.. nothing about Gardner Minshew and Zach Moss scare me. JT isnt the same player he was pre ankle injury. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

The Steelers have been atrocious all year running the ball minus last week. They do not run it with physicality. 

If this was our run D 2 years ago, i'd agree and say colts scare me.. nothing about Gardner Minshew and Zach Moss scare me. JT isnt the same player he was pre ankle injury. 

Like I said we all view it differently.

I don't want any part of those running games in the playoffs.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Wouldn't it be FUBAR if we tied.  

Well, the good news is a tie with Miami still gets the Bills into the playoffs.

As a matter of fact, if ANY of the 4 games that matter to the Bills end in a tie, they are in.

Edited by ImpactCorey
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Like I said we all view it differently.

I don't want any part of those running games in the playoffs.

It’s just really strange that you’d rather not a play a team that has a back up QB playing(Steelers and colts both) because you think they can run the ball and that scares you. Especially when we’ve proven we can stop the run. It a very very odd viewpoint

10 hours ago, ImpactCorey said:

The Texans vs Colts game is a big one.  Win and in.    But there is something else on the line:  if they tie the Bills are in!   No other games end up mattering (for playoff birth alone).

Furthermore if that game ends in a tie and Steelers and Jaguars both end up winning, both the Texans and Colts are out.

If I was the one scripting the NFL, this is the curveball I'd throw out there.

No one is scripting anything. This absolute BS needs to stop. It's nonsensical.

12 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

virtually no chance the game ends in a tie. If it's 4&99 at my own 1 yard line with 1:00 on the clock, I'm going for it. No reason to not.

The Colts would risk a punt in that scenario. The Texans would not. A tie would suit the Colts as they already hold the tiebreaker over the Texans.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, warrior9 said:

It’s just really strange that you’d rather not a play a team that has a back up QB playing(Steelers and colts both) because you think they can run the ball and that scares you. Especially when we’ve proven we can stop the run. It a very very odd viewpoint

Bills would stomp all three of those teams. No disrespect to any of theirs teams, but a game in Orchard park against Gardner Minshew? Bring it 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Bills would stomp all three of those teams. No disrespect to any of theirs teams, but a game in Orchard park against Gardner Minshew? Bring it 

The Bills didn't stomp Bailey Zappe or Easton Stick the last two weeks. Gardner Minshew is Brady compared to them. The Colts are a a good team that is well coached. That second part should be enough to scare you if the first part isn't.

Edited by BullBuchanan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.