Will Buffalo vs Miami be flexed to Sunday night??

Special K

If the Bills win this week, and the Fins lose, the Buffalo/Miami game has to be a lock to be flexed to SNF right??

I don’t have the schedule in front of me, but I can’t think there would be a more compelling game than a game with the AFC East and the #2 seed up for grabs.

The only fly in the ointment would be if CBS was able to block the league from flexing the game.

Thoughts??

• Like (+1) 1

I’m going to the game, so I’ve been thinking a lot about this question.  If we’ve already clinched our WC spot too (or even if not) I could see this game instead being the Sat night at 8 pm, since it wouldn’t necessarily be win and in.  The league may instead go with a game like Colts/Texans for Sun night, where the winner is in and loser out.  But, I totally can see the appeal of Bills/Miami on Sun night too.

i don’t believe CBS can block the league from doing what it wants in Week 18 though.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

36 minutes ago, Special K said:

If the Bills win this week, and the Fins lose, the Buffalo/Miami game has to be a lock to be flexed to SNF right??

I don’t have the schedule in front of me, but I can’t think there would be a more compelling game than a game with the AFC East and the #2 seed up for grabs.

The only fly in the ointment would be if CBS was able to block the league from flexing the game.

Thoughts??

No blocks allowed Week 18. The NFL can put any game in any slot and on any network (with FOX and CBS being more or less balanced, that is). And if BUF-MIA is for the division, then yes, the thinking everywhere is we should be Game 272.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 2

Bills @ Dolphins will be the most important game with the most meaning. Especially if there is a chance the Bills could miss the playoffs with a loss.

Texans @ Colts could be a play in game.

Rams @ 49ers is only interesting if the Rams have to win to make the playoffs and the 49ers need to win to hold onto the 1 seed.

Steelers and Bengals don't make sense to flex in because you need to know how the Bills game goes before that becomes interesting (assuming Bills win next week). Like the Steelers and Bengals could both be eliminated before the flex game on Sunday night.

16 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Only if it's on Peacock!

team america vomit GIF

12 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Can we agree to refer to this abomination as the '####?

edit - apparently not, because it gets autofiltered.

7 minutes ago, chongli said:

On the Miami forum, it comes out as "Pea****", lol.

I think we should refer to people who actually like Peacock as C**k-thusiasts!!🦚

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, dma0034 said:

Bills @ Dolphins will be the most important game with the most meaning. Especially if there is a chance the Bills could miss the playoffs with a loss.

Texans @ Colts could be a play in game.

Rams @ 49ers is only interesting if the Rams have to win to make the playoffs and the 49ers need to win to hold onto the 1 seed.

Steelers and Bengals don't make sense to flex in because you need to know how the Bills game goes before that becomes interesting (assuming Bills win next week). Like the Steelers and Bengals could both be eliminated before the flex game on Sunday night.

Let’s wait and see if the Bills Dolphins is a live game first … if it is I have no doubt it will be the Sun night game …

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I thought there were no sun night games week 18?

Or is that just Monday?

I figured it would be sat night or 4:25 on sunday

There are no Monday night games Week 18. All on Sunday and two on Saturday. Both networks have double-headers. There is always SNF, termed "Game 272", except in 2017, when there was none, as no game was deemed worthy enough (but it would have been called "Game 256" back then, as there were only 16 games in a season).

Also, lots of Australian fans up now (but no Bills game for you this week :-(  )!

Edited by chongli

2 hours ago, chongli said:

Also, lots of Australian fans up now (but no Bills game for you this week :-(  )!

You're a real party pooper Chongli.😁

Looks like we'll have to settle for watching the Ravens v Fish game on ESPN, with the ol' tissue box placed strategically over the score ticker.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.