Chargers had 9 days to prepare

Bills had 6

Tons of teams play well after their head coach is fired 

Bills traveled 3 timezones on a short week

It's Christmas week on the road

There were lots of things going against the team this week

All wins at this point are good

6 more wins to go 

ya it being Xmas week likely shortened the week in a way . They started slow but stayed resilient 

24 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Chargers had 9 days to prepare

Bills had 6

Tons of teams play well after their head coach is fired 

Bills traveled 3 timezones on a short week

It's Christmas week on the road

There were lots of things going against the team this week

All wins at this point are good

6 more wins to go 

Eliminate the bad penalties and turnovers and your excuses don't matter...and those are just excuses you mentioned. Why does Christmas week on the road matter...and it was only 2 days.  Lots of things against this team? 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

I care what happens, but nothing that does will change my mind on McD.  He’s just not an NFL caliber HC.

How can a not NFL caliber HC have a winning record? Is being a HC in the NFL really that easy? “Nothing will change my mind”… You sound like a flat Earther. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just managed to watch the game.

I think that game is a perfect summary of the season….

Great football team that causes their own struggles. It’s amazing looking back at the TO margins in previous losses how similar the game was.

Bills just too good.

It’ll be said time and time again; need to eliminate these ASAP. 

This team is definitely a SB contender and quite possibly the best team in the AFC going into these playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Sestak4ever said:

If the call on Morse for holding is correct then there should be 20 times more holding calls than there are. That was a terrible call based on every game I've seen over the past few years. It also basically prevented a scoring drive which would have put the game away.

It happened twice as well. Pretty much the exact same scenario. Shouldn’t have been called either time. 

3 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Just managed to watch the game.

I think that game is a perfect summary of the season….

Great football team that causes their own struggles. It’s amazing looking back at the TO margins in previous losses how similar the game was.

Bills just too good.

It’ll be said time and time again; need to eliminate these ASAP. 

This team is definitely a SB contender and quite possibly the best team in the AFC going into these playoffs. 

Disagree. This is an average team this season. This offense isn't the same as last seasons. They have too many drives that they don't do anything on. Other than running the ball more under Brady, this offense hasn't changed from Dorsey's. 

They either hand-off to Cook or look for the deep throw down the sidelines. Where's the underneath stuff or throws to the RB? They are very predictable. 

- Gotta have better 1st quarter.

- dumb mistakes is the issue again: early drops, Penalties, and turnovers. I was hoping they had gotten over this! 

Seems too pervasive. This will be a narrative of why you can't trust us to win it all, and it's a solid narrative. 

-stop turning the ball over!

- Allen needs to work on deep ball.

- team needs to put in some work this week. 

- Lack of pressure early and soft zone on backside early frustrating. 

- play calling was pretty solid. 

- pressure and coverage tightened. 

- Joe Brady drinks Moxie? Gross! He's weird. First off where would you even get that in LA???

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

The Chargers got away with some blatant holds. I don't pay attention to OL much but I saw 3 egregious holds that weren't called, the all 22 will show alot more I assume 

The little Irish fella on the O-Line had a howler is the 2nd quarter and another in the 4th that he got away with. 

Game didn’t appear to be as bad a job on the refs part as some are making out… certainly not similar to the Philly Special. 

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

Disagree. This is an average team this season. This offense isn't the same as last seasons. They have too many drives that they don't do anything on. Other than running the ball more under Brady, this offense hasn't changed from Dorsey's. 

They either hand-off to Cook or look for the deep throw down the sidelines. Where's the underneath stuff or throws to the RB? They are very predictable. 

Fair enough but the point is none of the other teams are blowing the competition away. Are they average too? We are one of the top 3 teams in this conference. Easily. It’s all our own undoing and struggles. Is rarely the other team dominating or imposing their will on us into a loss… especially this year. 

This offense, even with its differences in play calls, isn’t that far off from where they have been in your perspective of “not doing anything drives”. 

For the past 3/4 years when they were lighting teams up there was several drives every game where they stumbled, shot themselves in the foot or did absolutely nada with. 

Happens to every team, every game. 

The difference? 

Good football teams overcome their mistakes and failings. Something Buffalo is more than capable of being. 

This team has played some awful football this year and still only lost by one score in every game. 

Definitely a SB contender for the AFC. At least to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The worst think about the Brown penalty was that he didn't need to do it.  Allen got the pass off to Cook quickly on that play. 

Brown also blew the block on a blitzing linebacker late in the game. That's when Allen threw off his back foot to Shakir for the apparent touchdown.

The conventional wisdom, based in part on PFF grades, is that Brown is "much improved." But watch him on the highlights, this or any other game. He routinely whiffs. Routinely, as in pretty much every pass pro where he has to, you know, block. 

"Allen goes back, dodges a [Brown] pass rusher, gets the throw off." Sound familiar? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Had to fly across the country to play a team where each of their players is motivated to show the new coach that they should not be fired. They were ready to play us cause it’s fun to try and beat the best team in the NFL. Everyone relax we got the W. There were some bad turnovers and that’s why it was so close. The sky is not falling.  

If not for the turnovers and stupid penalties, i.e. tripping on Spencer Brown and holding calls on Morse, this game wouldn't have been close. The Bills need to learn to play CLEAN games if they want to win the title!! Happy to have seen Playoff Gabe today

23 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Allen Deep ball really struggling this year. 

He's throwing them on the run!! Not able to set his feet and throw them.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BBFL said:

The little Irish fella on the O-Line had a howler is the 2nd quarter and another in the 4th that he got away with. 

Game didn’t appear to be as bad a job on the refs part as some are making out… certainly not similar to the Philly Special. 

agreed. as long as their consistent on not calling it on both sides I'm cool with it

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JerseyBills said:

agreed. as long as their consistent on not calling it on both sides I'm cool with it

We’ve had a share of calls go our way. Can’t fault it for everything else evening itself out. 

You’re right, if it’s consistent and has parity it’s all good. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

“Get the ball deep, take the top off the defense”

36 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Allen Deep ball really struggling this year. 

I'm wondering if Josh's shoulder is worse than they are letting on.  Seems like it could be the reason for all his off-platforn throws too - feels like he's just gutting the ball out at tines

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.