Araiza, accuser agree to dismiss civil lawsuits against each other

Draconator

17 minutes ago, QCity said:

My man nobody is hiring college athletes to babysit their high school daughters 😂

It is a limited genre, to be sure, but if you go behind the curtains in those VHS rental places………. 

….or so I’m told. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Interesting story here. Very interesting the Bills have kept close contact. Leads me to believe those that say he would hold a grudge and not come back if offered are off base.

Thats new info.  Seemed like there was radio silence from the Bills. Good on them.  But he definitely is upset with them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Thats new info.  Seemed like there was radio silence from the Bills. Good on them.  But he definitely is upset with them.

I think (and just the way I took the quotes from the article) he's more upset with the circumstances and the way society pressures move like this.

He can't be too upset as it appears he still picks up the phone when they call 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I think (and just the way I took the quotes from the article) he's more upset with the circumstances and the way society pressures move like this.

I heard him actually talking in the interview and it seemed this way. It didn't seem like he was upset with us. More the situation and circumstances that forced us to respond as we did. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Can someone get me the odds on a player signing with the Bills after he calls them spineless?

He didn't. He's clearly generalizing. 

"“This idea that society has that the second someone files a lawsuit it’s completely true and we must take action based on what’s alleged — I disagree with it,” Araiza said. “Professional sports teams, as well as college teams, should have the backbone to say, ‘Look we take these allegations seriously, but until allegations are proven, we can’t cut our guy. We can’t push somebody out who’s worked their whole life to be here.'”

22 hours ago, Simon said:

The two situations are different for a variety of reasons (legally, contractually, etc).

There is nothing they learned from the Araiza situation that has anything to do with the Von Miler situation.

I agree that the Bills didn't "learn anything" from the MA matter, and apply it to the VM matter....but apparently, they definitely have changed their organization's moral standards.

With MA, the Bills very quickly ditched him at the behest of the pitch fork/me too crowd with WAY LESS actual evidence of a despicable act (some young girl's accusation) than what has already come forth in the VM matter (visible bruises on girlfriend, hair pulled out, 911 call, cell phone recording of the incident....all detailed in the police report). Yes, I know that he was a rookie punter, and wasn’t even on the team yet, and yes, I've read the posts that say it would be financial suicide for the Bills to cut VM because of his contract/cap hit, player concerns, etc., but...

The bottom line is that the organization supposedly stands on having strong moral principles. With the latter in mind, they should have already fired VM, or at a minimum, suspended him and told him to stay away from OBD until it all shakes out. Money is the deciding factor here, and that is disappointing and hypocritical.

I'm just amazed at how fast the VM matter has fallen out of the spotlight. And I would have certainly thought that the millions of female Bills fans would be calling for VM's head (like they were for MA) since there is obvious evidence of domestic abuse, and there was NO evidence of rape in the MA case. Go figure.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

He didn't. He's clearly generalizing. 

"“This idea that society has that the second someone files a lawsuit it’s completely true and we must take action based on what’s alleged — I disagree with it,” Araiza said. “Professional sports teams, as well as college teams, should have the backbone to say, ‘Look we take these allegations seriously, but until allegations are proven, we can’t cut our guy. We can’t push somebody out who’s worked their whole life to be here.'”

When I am upset about my house being a mess I say "People really need to start helping around here."   By people I don't mean other families who I have never been a part of, I mean my family.   He's only been a part of one pro sports team, only one pro sports team has cut him.   He clearly means the Bills whether he is speaking in generalities or not.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

When I am upset about my house being a mess I say "People really need to start helping around here."   By people I don't mean other families who I have never been a part of, I mean my family.   He's only been a part of one pro sports team, only one pro sports team has cut him.   He clearly means the Bills whether he is speaking in generalities or not.

Yes. Your dirty ass house is a direct comparison for speaking on matters of societal influence. How stupid of me. Clearly apples to apples. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'd be inclined to agree with you if he had said "It's a shame that [this idea that society has] forced the team to cut me..."  Instead he said the Bills didn't stick by him without naming them.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'd be inclined to agree with you if he had said "It's a shame that [this idea that society has] forced the team to cut me..."  Instead he said the Bills didn't stick by him without naming them.

That's almost verbatim what he actually said though.

"This idea that society has that the second someone files a lawsuit it’s completely true and we must take action based on what’s alleged — I disagree with it"

Take action based on what's alleged = forced the team to cut me. 

I'd also argue the point that checking in with him over the last, what 18 19 months is directly showing they are sticking by him.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

That's almost verbatim what he actually said though.

"This idea that society has that the second someone files a lawsuit it’s completely true and we must take action based on what’s alleged — I disagree with it"

Take action based on what's alleged = forced the team to cut me. 

I'd also argue the point that checking in with him over the last, what 18 19 months is directly showing they are sticking by him.

Yes but then he said "Professional sports teams, as well as college teams, should have the backbone to say, ‘Look we take these allegations seriously, but until allegations are proven, we can’t cut our guy."

He's not saying he understands that the pressure forced the Bills to cut him: he said they showed no backbone.

2 hours ago, QCity said:

My man nobody is hiring college athletes to babysit their high school daughters 😂

“Hey Caleb, my high school daughter just broke up with her boyfriend and is super vulnerable. She’s a big fan of yours and we need at night out to work on our marriage. Can you watch her? I’ll buy pizza, $20/ hour, and you can use the Roku. Thanks buddy.”

1 hour ago, Doc said:

What the hell are they  supposed to do? What on rape charges for a punter when they are competing for a SB? That’s insane. 

• Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

he’s a 23 year old football player… so I wouldn’t hang tooooo hard on every word. 

I think you can read some frustration into the reality that it happened and the bills happened to be the team that did it but I have to imagine he realizes 31 other teams wouldn’t touch him either for the last year and change so it isn’t a Buffalo issue exclusively. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Leads me to believe those that say he would hold a grudge and not come back if offered are off base.

Did you read the full article? Because it definitely sounds like he isn’t happy with the Bills…

“Professional sports teams… should have the backbone to say, ‘Look we take these allegations seriously, but until allegations are proven, we can’t cut our guy. We can’t push somebody out who’s worked their whole life to be here.'”

Not saying I blame the Bills. Just saying, that article doesn’t sound like he isn’t upset.

Just now, NoSaint said:

he’s a 23 year old football player… so I wouldn’t hang tooooo hard on every word. 

I think you can read some frustration into the reality that it happened and the bills happened to be the team that did it but I have to imagine he realizes 31 other teams wouldn’t touch him either for the last year and change so it isn’t a Buffalo issue exclusively. 

Exactly, we are really splitting hairs here. You can listen to his presser. I'm sure he's pissed at the Bills. But I'm also pretty sure he knows they had no choice and he's pissed at what kind of society allows that to happen. I can't imagine dealing with something like this as an adult, let alone a kid, especially at the stakes he was playing.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.