Win was great BUT…

balln

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

He deserved it today.  Abandoning Cook and the run in the 2nd half was non-sensical and damn near cost us the game.

It was not a great second half.  I can't argue with that.  But he is doing much better.  Hopefully he can actually learn from this unlike his predecessor. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

He deserved it today.  Abandoning Cook and the run in the 2nd half was non-sensical and damn near cost us the game.

Agree that he shouldn't have abandoned the run in the second half, but there were some absolutely beautiful plays on our first two scoring drives. He's got the goods. KC is just one of the best defenses in the league. 

• Like (+1) 4

47 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

1. KC was playing AFC Championship Game defense again meaning they held and illegal contacted Bills WR's all game and got no calls against them for it.
  2. Allen was under duress far too often the 2nd half of the game even with 3 man pressures at times, which meant nobody was open downfield with 8 in coverage
  3. Davis was WIDE open for a TD late in the game on the drive they kicked the winning FG but again, Allen was under duress and didn't see him, instead throwing high to Kincaid along the sideline incomplete. Easily could have been a wide open TD.

Allen was not under duress. If he sees him he throws the ball. The reason he had to scramble is because he was locked onto people who weren’t open. 

1 hour ago, balln said:

We need to have options at WR

Diggs wr 1 - 11 targets . 4 rec for 24 yards. 

Gabe wr 2 - 2 targets. 0 for 0

that. Issss. Shocking to me

The Chiefs have good corners, but come on, that’s horrific 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, balln said:

We need to have options at WR

Diggs wr 1 - 11 targets . 4 rec for 24 yards. 

Gabe wr 2 - 2 targets. 0 for 0

that. Issss. Shocking to me

I get it but these guys just needed a win. They got it!!! Hallelujah!

59 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Josh not seeing gabe wide open is concerning. Him and Gabe don't  seem to be on the same page anymore. Gabe looked pissed. 

I don’t credit Allen missing Davis on purpose as if he doesn’t trust him, not solely anyway. I think it was more the pressure he was under. 

16 minutes ago, mannc said:

The Chiefs have good corners, but come on, that’s horrific 

Exactly.  Our supposed top 2 WR’s did nothing positive tonight.  The drop off in Diggs play the second half of the season has been staggering.  He is never open anymore.  And he looks like he could care less out there.  

Right now Shakir is our most explosive WR.  We need to be feeding him Kincaid and Cook.  They are the future of this offense w some nice additions at WR in the offseason.

But big time kudos to the defense stepping up at the end.  We have a pulse!  Next week against Dallas should be another big time game!  Let’s go Buffalo.  

52 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

I don’t credit Allen missing Davis on purpose as if he doesn’t trust him, not solely anyway. I think it was more the pressure he was under. 

I heard Romo saying that but man he threw the ball to someone so...I'm not a Qb and can't say anything for certain    They just seem off

50 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Exactly.  Our supposed top 2 WR’s did nothing positive tonight.  The drop off in Diggs play the second half of the season has been staggering.  He is never open anymore.  And he looks like he could care less out there.  

Right now Shakir is our most explosive WR.  We need to be feeding him Kincaid and Cook.  They are the future of this offense w some nice additions at WR in the offseason.

But big time kudos to the defense stepping up at the end.  We have a pulse!  Next week against Dallas should be another big time game!  Let’s go Buffalo.  

This is the wrong logic to have. Yes Diggs has struggled lately, but Shakir is great for the role he has right now. Diggs is still more capable of making the tougher catches and I don’t think Shakir would be able to handle increased attention to him by opposing defenses. Right now the only future the Bills should be focused on is next week and through the end of the season, and Diggs is still a main cog in that

2 hours ago, muppy said:

to be 100% fair I thought Sneed played lights out against him. It's not an excuse for Stefon today but I consider it a reason to at least give some credit to KC. Im sure he is happy with the win but NOT his performance in it.  

Lots of clutching and grabbing by the Chiefs DBs

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Totally agree!! Can we see more of Cook/Johnson and a little less Murray

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

This is the wrong logic to have. Yes Diggs has struggled lately, but Shakir is great for the role he has right now. Diggs is still more capable of making the tougher catches and I don’t think Shakir would be able to handle increased attention to him by opposing defenses. Right now the only future the Bills should be focused on is next week and through the end of the season, and Diggs is still a main cog in that

No reason Shakir can't catch 6-8 passes per game.  He is athletic, runs solid routes and has reasonably good hands.

And I would love Diggs to be the Alfa receiver again that we have come to expect.  Just not seeing that guy of late. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.