Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Simon

remember that the Chiefs spent the week watching film of the Eagles /Bills game in which the refs completely dominated the outcome by throwing 10 flags more on Buffalo in the first half alone.

and they are complaining about one play/flag? 

How much laughing at the Bills misfortune do you think there was in the film room this past week at Arrowhead?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

So true. 2:12 left in the game, first down deep in Chiefs territory, we have successfully run the ball all game, the Chiefs are down to 2 timeouts, and we throw three terrible passes.???????

i was pretty much stuck yelling wtf wft wtf wtf wtf wtf are we doing??    I thought Brady took a step back this game..   reverted back to a lot of things that

got Dorsey fired. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Lol Mahomes is facing the first string of adversity ever in his career, and is absolutely losing his mind over it.

Can you imagine if he'd been through some of the ringers Josh has - he'd be in a psychiatric ward by now lol

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Simon said:

Actually that was like the Tyreek Hill fast score that gave Allen the ball back too fast in "the game".

Josh with the ball last instead of the Bills D wasn't a horrible option at that point.

Kelce's brilliant play was so smart it was almost stupid.

Please tell me that play was ad lib.  It couldn't have been scripted?

Von isn't back yet, but there were definite flashes at times from him...that almost fumble when he hit Mahomes while he was throwing, early in the game where he was being double teamed by the back and tackle and he forced Mahomes up in the pocket and I think he threw it away, and another play or two from him...

Likely the brace came off and we should start seeing steady improvement as the games go by now...

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Call me crazy, but Toney was offside. And anyway it wadn’t a normal play - it was coming off a catch in bounds and KC was hurrying. Refs can’t intercede there. He and Reid should be embarrassed for KC now losing two big games because players lined up offside at the crucial moment.

Yep - if it was us the narrative would be 'team is undisciplined and poorly coached', and 'refs don't decide games - be better and not let it come down to that play'

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Please tell me that play was ad lib.  It couldn't have been scripted?

No way it was designed like that.

I'm sure they have their receivers practice being available like that in late game situations, but that play tonight was just Kelce being an alien.

22 minutes ago, stuvian said:

We owe it to ourselves to enjoy this win. I felt that we did enough to deserve it even if some controversial calls went our way.

Abandoning the run game in the second half made no sense to me. It was our defense that got us this win. 

Beating the champs in their own building is no small thing. I will admit to experiencing some very Billsy deja vu when we kicked the FG leaving Mahomes almost two minutes on the clock. This time the nightmare happened to somebody else 

Absolutely we've had enough ***** luck this season to enjoy it when it actually bounces our way for once.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Von isn't back yet, but there were definite flashes at times from him...that almost fumble when he hit Mahomes while he was throwing, early in the game where he was being double teamed by the back and tackle and he forced Mahomes up in the pocket and I think he threw it away, and another play or two from him...

Likely the brace came off and we should start seeing steady improvement as the games go by now...

He should be back by the time he gets suspended.

11 minutes ago, Punch said:

Mahomes is getting ripped to shreds over his reaction, it's kind of amazing to see.

He absolutely deserves it for that childish reaction of his.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

25 minutes ago, stuvian said:

We owe it to ourselves to enjoy this win. I felt that we did enough to deserve it even if some controversial calls went our way.

Abandoning the run game in the second half made no sense to me. It was our defense that got us this win. 

Beating the champs in their own building is no small thing. I will admit to experiencing some very Billsy deja vu when we kicked the FG leaving Mahomes almost two minutes on the clock. This time the nightmare happened to somebody else 

We have beaten the Chiefs in Arrowhead 3 straight games during the regular season and it would be 4 overall if not for the 13 second debacle. They were joking about calling it Burrowhead with the Bengals but we might be close to calling it Allenhead if they wouldn't have lost that 13 second game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Process said:

He was clearly Offside. Don't know why they are pissed at the refs. 

I do think they hosed big time on the Murray catch. To me it looked like it was incomplete without question, I was shocked. But we punted to it didn't end up mattering. 

The crazy thing on that series was after the amazing Murray catch was ruled complete to get the first down - the subsequent cluster resulted in us eventually punting from I think further back than if it was originally ruled not a catch and we punted then

Edited by stevewin

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He should be back by the time he gets suspended.

He absolutely deserves for that childish reaction of his.

Unlikely, DA's don't prosecute cases where they are going to be made to look like fools by the defense attorney.  

That was a legit penalty! The holding on Dawkins a few plays earlier that killed a promising drive, was an absolutely terrible call and it definitely impacted the game, we might have been up 10 points. But Bills overcame the bad calls and won this game. So happy. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.