Shohei signs $700M contract with Dodgers

Process

5 hours ago, Process said:

🤯

They will make back about $20M or more annually in Shohei-specific related marketing gains........and with deferrals reducing the annual figure in the 50M range per year initially....... it's going to feel a lot like a $30M contract for the Dodgers for the first 5 years or so.  

There are some superstars coming from Japan in the next few years.......Yamamoto is the next one but not the last.........and look for each big market team to try to have their own so that they can cash in on that Japanese tv and marketing money.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They will make back about $20M or more annually in Shohei-specific related marketing gains........and with deferrals reducing the annual figure in the 50M range per year initially....... it's going to feel a lot like a $30M contract for the Dodgers for the first 5 years or so.  

There are some superstars coming from Japan in the next few years.......Yamamoto is the next one but not the last.........and look for each big market team to try to have their own so that they can cash in on that Japanese tv and marketing money.

As long as it's not Admiral Yamamoto.

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

This is spot on but one could argue it is less supplemental to the Dodgers than it would have been to the supposed runner up, Toronto.  It’s not like the Dodgers have ticket sales issues but I suppose they could increase the price per.  Ohtani is a gigantic star anywhere and there is always room for more in LA but Toronto had other things to offer such as capturing the marketing landscape of an entire new country.  Granted it’s only Canada but still.  Interesting choice.

On the heels of Ohtani another huge one.

RP Will Smith was on the Rangers this year, Astros last year and Braves before that.  Three straight rings.

I’d like to offer my preemptive congratulations to the Kansas City Roy……..

whichever team trades with the Royals at the deadline and acquires Smith.

I am glad the New York Yankees didn’t touch that contract. If Shohei Ohtani is that great and worth it. How come he couldn’t lead the Los Angeles Angels anywhere? Way to much money invested in one player for too long in length 10 years. Also if anyone wonders if the Buffalo Bisons ownership made the right decision for Buffalo baseball? I say yes no way could Buffalo MLB team could afford to pay that kind of money to star players. MLB is becoming like NBA with Super Teams and then the rest of the league. That’s not good for the Pittsburgh Pirates and Cleveland Guardians fan bases they have next to zero chance of winning which is really sad in my opinion. Go Bisons! Go Yankees! Let’s Go Buffalo 

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

I guess this all boils down to what will define this as successful. 

If he contributes to one World Series championship season, will that do it?

Winning multiple championships not just one for the Los Angeles Dodgers fans. For the Dodgers owners raising the value of the Los Angeles Dodgers franchise in my opinion. Go Bisons! Go Yankees! Let’s Go Buffalo 

44 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I am glad the New York Yankees didn’t touch that contract. If Shohei Ohtani is that great and worth it. How come he couldn’t lead the Los Angeles Angels anywhere? Way to much money invested in one player for too long in length 10 years. Also if anyone wonders if the Buffalo Bisons ownership made the right decision for Buffalo baseball? I say yes no way could Buffalo MLB team could afford to pay that kind of money to star players. MLB is becoming like NBA with Super Teams and then the rest of the league. That’s not good for the Pittsburgh Pirates and Cleveland Guardians fan bases they have next to zero chance of winning which is really sad in my opinion. Go Bisons! Go Yankees! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Winning multiple championships not just one for the Los Angeles Dodgers fans. For the Dodgers owners raising the value of the Los Angeles Dodgers franchise in my opinion. Go Bisons! Go Yankees! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Yankees just spent $33 million on a one year rental. 😂

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.