Tyler Dunne story on McDermott - 3 parts, 25 interviews, one damning conclusion

Roundybout

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I bet Bills PR really regrets not credentialing Ty Dunne.

Why do people think Dunne asked for credentials? He is a National NFL writer. Why would he ask for a Bills credential?

I don't think Adam Schefter has a Bills credential either...

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I'm not sure why you say these things when you're not actually sure. Dunne is extremely well respected.

He was a National NFL Writer for Bleacher Report for nearly half a decade, a Packers reporter, and a Bills reporter. His writing has been sourced by the NY Times, Yahoo, Sports Illustrated, ESPN, etc. 

He also has an amazing number of sources. His articles from the past month include one-on-one interviews with Bengals Pro Bowl  LT Orlando Brown, Broncos starting S Bell, the QB coach for Jake Browning, Texans WR Robert Woods, etc.

He is in the top tier of writers.

He's a guy who befriends fired front office people and cut players to get their emotionally charged opinions about their former employers for his own gain.  He is a hack.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RoscoeParrish said:

Tyler Dunne is an ***hole.  This is a garbage made up hit piece by someone bored on a bye week.  He should take his talents to The NY Times. 

Who could believe a guy who used 9/11 to preach good communication could have 12 men on the field for a FG or a squib call not get to kicker. The whole article has to be wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He does. The article was based on the interviews of 25 players/coaches.

He literally did not say that. Once again, why does everyone else have to do the work for you? Why are you a leech and refuse to do your own work?

This three-part series is the culmination of extended interviews with 25 coaches, players, personnel men and other team sources who’ve passed through One Bills Drive. Many were granted anonymity to speak freely without the fear of retribution.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He was a National NFL Writer for Bleacher Report for nearly half a decade, a Packers reporter, and a Bills reporter. His writing has been sourced by the NY Times, Yahoo, Sports Illustrated, ESPN, etc. 

He also has an amazing number of sources. His articles from the past month include one-on-one interviews with Bengals Pro Bowl  LT Orlando Brown, Broncos starting S Bell, the QB coach for Jake Browning, Texans WR Robert Woods, etc.

He is in the top tier of writers.

I 100% thought you were joking until I got to the end. 

Just now, Einstein said:

Why do people think Dunne asked for credentials? He is a National NFL writer. Why would he ask for a Bills credential?

I don't think Adam Schefter has a Bills credential either...

He did, and he was denied.  Which means the bills had no measure of control over him.  Which means he can publish stuff like he did today.  

24 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Let's see how much defending their coach the current group of players does.  Will be fascinating.

This will be a simple but very revealing indication of the current team's feelings for their coach. I too will be fascinated to see what is said and with what kind of emotion.

1 minute ago, Malazan said:

He literally did not say that. Once again, why does everyone else have to do the work for you? Why are you a leech and refuse to do your own work?

Ahh, you're playing the semantic game. 

Ok, ill rephrase.

The fact that he could find 25 coaches, players, personnel men and other team sources that were willing to say such damning things about a coach who has only been a head coach for 6 years... that speaks volumes by itself.

• Agree 2

27 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Let's see how much defending their coach the current group of players does.  Will be fascinating.

This is getting sad and putting the players in a terrible position. I think Terry should step in right now and fire McD. Each day this is going to get worse. 

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Ahh, you're playing the semantic game. 

Ok, ill rephrase.

The fact that he could find 25 coaches, players, personnel men and other team sources that were willing to say such damning things about a coach who has only been a head coach for 6 years... that speaks volumes by itself.

In addition, if this article is such a grave injustice we should hear about it

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.