A Fitting Sunday Menu for the Bills Season — Kansas City BBQ Burnt Ends

HIT BY SPIKES

15 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Smoked chicken wings can actually be really good

I would certainly think a top barbecue joint like q39 would know how to smoke chicken wings properly

Meh...I don't go to KC to get smoked wings.

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Meh...I don't go to KC to get smoked wings.

I mean I certainly didn't go to Kansas City just to get smoked chicken wings

But I literally bought everything on the menu at Joe's and Q39

Rack of ribs brisket pulled pork burnt ends sides... Might as well try it all

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Early yesterday morning I scored the smallest brisket point I could find — 5 & 1/2 lbs — and two huge racks of side ribs both on sale.

All rubbed up differently and in the fridge to be flipped every 12 hours prior to throwing them on the electric smoker tomorrow.

Normally I use the Big Green Egg to smoke however we have already tarpped it up for the winter and the forecast is for a day of rain and wind tomorrow.  It does have its own shelter but it could be miserable going to check on it even infrequently.

The electric smoker is on the raised porch attached to the kitchen sheltered from the rain and wind.

Yes, I am made of sugar.

Edited by HIT BY SPIKES
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Got the Beef Brisket on the 2nd lowest rack with the completed two Racks of Pork Side Ribs  on the rack above it and the Pork Breast Bone on the top rack.

I have a fancy digital programmed thermometer in the brisket.

170F? 

I also found a 1 & 1/2 lb Cuttlefish I had in the freezer and thawed it out to put some peanut oil and hot curry powder on it.  Going to put it on the lowest rack hours from now so that it does not drip all over the beef and pork.

Time to start drinking

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Since this thread was THE only reason the Bills won the game in KC, rather than starting a new thread I thought I would just recycle this one.

No Smoked Burnt Ends, Beef Brisket or Curried Cuttlefish this time for the electric smoker.

I have three 3-lb Pork Side Ribs already rubbed, wrapped and in the back of the fridge for Sunday.

I appreciate the smoker purists here will scoff at my use of an electric smoker however in weather that will be no better than it will be in Orchard Park on Sunday, I appreciate being able to go through my kitchen back door to my raised and covered cement back porch to check on my electric smoker when the Bluetooth thermometer so tells me rather than hulling my ass out into the cold windy snowy wood smoker.

Call me a wimp.

Edited by HIT BY SPIKES
  • Like (+1) 1

Generally I really like the idea of menus based on opponent’s regional cuisine, but in this case screw the Chiefs!  Going Buffalo style but since it’s only January there’s still the guilt to try and stick to new year’s resolutions to eat healthier at least. Probably doing this buffalo style salmon which is actually pretty good.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1024774-hot-and-tangy-buffalo-salmon?smid=ck-recipe-iOS-share

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kincaid Kool-Aid said:

Generally I really like the idea of menus based on opponent’s regional cuisine, but in this case screw the Chiefs!  Going Buffalo style but since it’s only January there’s still the guilt to try and stick to new year’s resolutions to eat healthier at least. Probably doing this buffalo style salmon which is actually pretty good.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1024774-hot-and-tangy-buffalo-salmon?smid=ck-recipe-iOS-share

Totally agree with this(Except the healthy part)  We are in South Carolina so my smoker will be going, loaded with wings.....also have a few bottles of BarBill Honey Butter BBQ for the faint of heart as well as the standard fare - Hot Buffalo Sauce.  GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, metbill said:

Totally agree with this(Except the healthy part)  We are in South Carolina so my smoker will be going, loaded with wings.....also have a few bottles of BarBill Honey Butter BBQ for the faint of heart as well as the standard fare - Hot Buffalo Sauce.  GO BILLS!

I find bragging about one's warm weather to be so unrefined and simply unbecoming.

Just brought the 3 dogs in from the kennel after just a 30 minute outing.

Feels like -18C or -1F out there.

NOT a side eye or bark from the Basset Hound or Furry Rescue except for the Great Dane who gave me a WTF? look.

13 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

White Chili?

That’s new to me.

Ground Chicken?

no, i par boil chicken tenders and after they cool i shred them.

the rest of the recipe includes chicken stock, great northern beans, onion, garlic, cumin, oregano, cayenne, diced green chilies and diced jalapenos and just before serving you toss in a couple cups of shredded Monterray jack.

Google - Cha Cha's white chicken chili ... warning, cut back on some of the heat.

• Like (+1) 1

I kept seeing videos in my YouTube feed of a guy grilling all sorts of creations, then noticed he was a Bills fan. He made this Chicharron today, but I've never tried something like it. Anyone here got any tips?

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.