Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

26 minutes ago, Process said:

Bottom line is McBeane has no balls. Von is dealing with troubling accusations AND has been completely useless on the field, and they still won't bench him in fear of looking like complete suckers for giving him that contract.

Could this be a union thing?  The NFL has decided to not take action and given the fact that the accuser recanted her statement, could taking any action now open the door for liability?    

26 minutes ago, Process said:

Bottom line is McBeane has no balls. Von is dealing with troubling accusations AND has been completely useless on the field, and they still won't bench him in fear of looking like complete suckers for giving him that contract.

Could this be a union thing?  The NFL has decided to not take action and given the fact that the accuser recanted her statement, could taking any action now open the door for liability?    

48 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I'm just confused. 

He was arrested via a warrant, arraigned, booked and released on bond. That is beyond allegation and IS being charged formally. 

So the NFL / Bills are saying "we are waiting a bit after he was charged to see if the whole deal sticks"

No, they're not saying "we are waiting a bit after he was charged".  This has been explained multiple times up-thread

Being arrested is NOT being formally charged.

Arrest can follow formal charges filed by the prosecutor.  Arrest can also take place on a warrant signed off by a judge (judges do not file charges) as having "probable cause", after which the alleged perpetrator can request bail and be released on bail, awaiting the prosecutor's review of the evidence and decision on charges.

Don't take my word for it, Google.

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

An angry mob? Really? Seems as if you're more angry than this nonexistent 'mob'.

We have different views apparently..

If you’re someone who believes people should have their livelihoods affected based on allegations, I think you’re an angry, miserable person. 

When there are plenty of them in this topic and on social media.  And they keep reiterating their belief that Von should face consequences for allegations, they become a mob. 

Angry. Mob. 

Not to the level of Araiza, but it helps when the media isn’t egging you on.  Which, on this situation, is a welcome hesitance on their part. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

I am in camp "Eff Von Miller" so lets get that one out of the way. I don't want him on the team any longer. More so than a Nike or Apple, stuff I purchase and use, I don't cheer for my phone. I cheer for my favorite sports team and I would like them to have some sense of right and wrong because of it. 

I can tolerate the  "We are letting the league run its course". To which I would hope is sort of kicking the can down the road to sort the cap situation out. And even if it is not, it is enough for me to pretend it is on Sundays. 

What I am really struggling with is the "This is out of character". Because it isn't. 

I agree, he took the easy way out of those questions. 

I think deflecting the questions to put the ball back in the NFLs court was really smart because at the end of the day, in order for us to pay him nothing the NFL needs to suspend him and I don’t think they will without outside pressure. 

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy

44 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Fry me all you want.

The Bills have a ton of cap $$ tied up. The league trying to save face and hoping we take on the dead cap 4 them, to let them off the hook of taking a position.

A no from me Dogg.

If we're paying him, mind as well monitor his recovery and hope he gets back to playing elite for a possible run.

Nfl can take the heat in mean time, and If they don't like it, move him to commissioners list.

I watch this for entertainment, I'm able to cheer for the team and not the player. We all watch movies with scumbags in them, or directed them.

Is what it is

I'm not going to fry you.

The truth of it is, the Bills cannot cut Von Miller this year and function as a football team under the current salary cap rules. They would not be able to call up practice squad players and be stuck at their roster for the rest of the season. The NFL knows this. If they wanted to take a stand, it would let everyone do the right thing. But they won't.

So it falls to a GM who has to choose between literally not being able to field players for another month or lettings things ride and a coach on the hot seat who needs every bit of help he can get.

This is the point of the exempt list. And if the commissioner is too gutless to use it, then what is the point?

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, SCBills said:

We have different views apparently..

If you’re someone who believes people should have their livelihoods affected based on allegations, I think you’re an angry, miserable person. 

When there are plenty of them in this topic and on social media.  And they keep reiterating their belief that Von should face consequences for allegations, they become a mob. 

Angry. Mob. 

Not to the level of Araiza, but it helps when the media isn’t egging you on.  Which, on this situation, is a welcome hesitance on their part. 

Von shouldn't be on the field because he sucks, and is giving zero effort on the field. He should benched based on his play. 

They were given a good excuse and time to do it but aren't, because no balls.

Has nothing to do with an "angry mob" you keep trying to make this about. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'm not going to fry you.

The truth of it is, the Bills cannot cut Von Miller this year and function as a football team under the current salary cap rules. They would not be able to call up practice squad players and be stuck at their roster for the rest of the season. The NFL knows this. If they wanted to take a stand, it would let everyone do the right thing. But they won't.

So it falls to a GM who has to choose between literally not being able to field players for another month and a coach on the hot seat.

This is the point of the exempt list. And if the comissioner is too gutless to use it, then what is the point?

It goes further than this.  The Bills would have to cut a *****-ton of players to free up enough cap to cut Von Miller.

1 minute ago, boyst said:

Beane just didn't need to say that. He's smarter than to make that gaffe. But he did. So odd

I apologize, I'm a little unclear on what you see as a "gaffe" by Beane? 

Edited by Beck Water

Just now, Process said:

Von shouldn't be on the field because he sucks, and is giving zero effort on the field. He should benched based on his play. 

They were given a good excuse and time to do it but aren't, because no balls.

Has nothing to do with an "angry mob" you keep trying to make this about. 

And after 1 and 1/2 weeks off he starts this week with. “Veterans rest day”. Unbelievable.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It goes further than this.  The Bills would have to cut a *****-ton of players to free up enough cap to cut Von Miller.

I apologize, I'm a little unclear on what you see as a "gaffe" by Beane?

Commenting that this is out of character for Beane. It's not and history is clear. Beane mentioning the character of Miller was a PR gaffe. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, yall said:

Teams can absolutely and sometimes do suspend players. Violation of team rules, violation of social media policy etc. there's precedent and it's been done before.

It needn't only come from the league. 

I agree.  Tell me which team rules, or social media policies, Von has violated?

14 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

when they keep caving to an angry mob.

dude, 911 was called. Something clearly happened between them. The downside of fame is that the 911 call is public.

let the legal authorities work it

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

What I am really struggling with is the "This is out of character". Because it isn't. 

yes, this is an interesting phrase. My wife and I both first thought "Wow, this isn't the Miller we think of". But, in the end, we only see one part of his life. A nasty 911 domestic dispute is not what my co-workers might expect from me either. They don't see my home life.

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, boyst said:

Commenting that this is out of character for Beane. It's not and history is clear. Beane mentioning the character of Miller was a PR gaffe. 

For sure, but was he asked if it was out of character or did he bring it up on his own? Legally, those past events never happened and that’s the narrative that Beane needs to tone his messages by. He really can’t come out and be like “Nah dudes trash,” he has to tote that professional response line. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

For sure, but was he asked if it was out of character or did he bring it up on his own? Legally, those past events never happened and that’s the narrative that Beane needs to tone his messages by. He really can’t come out and be like “Nah dudes trash,” he has to tote that professional response line. 

Here is an example of how it should have gone. He should have drilled it into himself over the last week that this would be the response to everything and anything. 

Any comment on Millers character (and especially in support of) regardless of what the question was, was going to be bad news bears. 

BB: "This whole thing stinks. We take allegations like this very seriously. We are letting the process run its course"

Reporter: "Do you think Von Miller is Hitler". 
BB: " "This whole thing stinks. We take allegations like this very seriously. We are letting the process run its course"
Reporter: Are you shocked by these allegations? 
BB: "This whole thing stinks. We take allegations like this very seriously. We are letting the process run its course"
Reporter: How will you manager the salary cap going forward. 
BB: "This whole thing stinks. We take allegations like this very seriously. We are letting the process run its course"

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.