Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm not thrilled with adopting the role of "DV explainer" here, but statistically, women in DV relationships are most at risk during pregnancy (perinatally)

Nationwide, homicide (usually due to domestic violence) is the leading cause of death in pregnant women.  Read that again: Domestic violence kills more pregnant women each year than any other cause.

I learned this in the parenting classes I took. They said that odds are low that we would be a part of it because, ya know... We were there. But, evidently they said to be aware for all intents and purposes of life that it is a major issue. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

What’s the plan for Von this week? Is he definitely out? Is he going on some list?

probably not going on the Commissioner’s Exempt List anytime soon, by the sound of things.

We could certainly (and I hope we do) make him Inactive for the game - we might not find out til gameday though.  

Guessing McD won’t be too forthcoming with his plans during media availability on Wednesday.

27 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

probably not going on the Commissioner’s Exempt List anytime soon, by the sound of things.

We could certainly (and I hope we do) make him Inactive for the game - we might not find out til gameday though.  

Guessing McD won’t be too forthcoming with his plans during media availability on Wednesday.

I think that last is 100% safe bet

Edited by Beck Water

Added to the off-field issues, Von needs to sit. His production has been nothing this season; he is not his old self physically. He has not contributed to the field and is now just a distraction off the field. Sit him for the rest of the season, then see where it goes.

11 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Historically, the NFL does not take action to impose suspensions or other discipline for alleged crimes until the criminal case is resolved (one way or another) and the NFL (in the case of DV) completes its own investigation.  There will be no suspension until at earliest, next fall.  You can color me much surprised if any suspension is even announced until far too late into the new league year next spring to do the Bills a bit of good with their cap situation (which, would only be about $8M for the standard suspension).

So I guess if you want to consider "normal course of actions" as "dragging their feet", then they're dragging their feet.

The Bills are not going to release Von.  Releasing Miller this season would cost the Bills something like $32M in additional cap they simply don't have on the books. 

The only thing that might happen this season is the league placing Miller on Commissioners Exempt list, in which case the Bills play him to sit around in sweats.

They csn release him this offseason for half that hit...and they have to.  Sorry he is just done here.  Enough of the speculation BS, too much to deny he hasn't done something...again.

Terry has to cut this guy, to hell with the cap hit.

1 hour ago, billybob71 said:

what a colossal  waste of money and cap space

whats funny is there are:

too many people who take this as an indictment on the accusations/charges.

too many who think your is solely based on the charges and would not change if he was having an all pro year

too many people who don't think this is purely related to his play.

i'm in the same boat as you - but i had many memories from the start of him being a douche attention hoor. i never wanted him.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

3 sacks of flour maybe so he can bake some Christmas cutouts😁 but seriously I hope your optimism proves to be true

i'd love it if true. i'd love for him to come out and issue a statement after this game to say what happened was not accurate but he realizes domestic assault and issues are real and he is committed to spending a large portion of his time and resources to help the issue. i'd love it if it rained when we needed it, and everyone in DC would get along with Marvel, too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/4/2023 at 10:42 AM, LabattBlue said:

Without being suspended, they can’t stop Non from practicing, but this clown should be inactive the rest of the season. 

The team can suspend him and I hope they do. No need to have him in the building. 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Freak-O said:

He shouldn’t be playing. They could get the same on the field production from me if they just pay for the flight and give me some food. 

He shouldn't be allowed in the building. He is going to be inactive, sure. But he should be told to just stay home at this point. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.