The Bills need a Penalty Reduction Consultant

jethro_tull

Bills Most Penalized Team Rank 

2023 Currently the most penalized team in the NFL (and it's killing them).   

2022 16th most penalize team *still in the top half of the league's worst despite the cancellation of the Bengals game.  

2021 6th most penalized team. 

2020 6th most penalized team.

2019 9th most penalized team. 

2018 6th most penalized team. 

I find it kind of ridiculous that the Bills have basically been in the top 20% of the most penalized teams in the league since 2018.  

While I support McDermott as the head coach, they seriously need to hire an expert consultant to address this issue.   This year in particular as the most penalized team in the league, penalties could easily be the reason they do not make the playoffs.   Fix it now....

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

Are those rankings based on penalty rates or counts?

The Bills run a lot of plays per game, near top of the league iirc.   

Opponents are usually playing catch-up so lots of passing plays against = more calls.

Yeah, this needs more context. Plus, we see every week how illegitimate many penalties are. The NFL needs an outside officiating consultant in the worst way. They should approach the game the same way the USFL/XFL do.

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

That to me confirms the conspiracy- the nfl is out to get us. 

Well two of the most rigged games I’ve seen in my life were the Houston playoff game and this past Eagles game.  No penalties were called on both Houston and Philly outside of a couple false starts and an Offside in nearly five quarters of play both times.  The refs historically haven’t done the Bills any favors.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

36 minutes ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

Well two of the most rigged games I’ve seen in my life were the Houston playoff game and this past Eagles game.  No penalties were called on both Houston and Philly outside of a couple false starts and an Offside in nearly five quarters of play both times.  The refs historically haven’t done the Bills any favors.

Yep - the magical fumble no touchdown in the end zone game 

hey, what happened to that funny firing squad post?  

Coach, consultant coach, whoever- being in the top 5th most penalties for the last 6 years is not an in-house fix.  

How many more wins does it have to cost before they do something already? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.