So glad Frazier is gone

Ethan in Cleveland

I said before the season started I thought it was great Frazier was gone for one simple reason. McDermott has no more excuses. 

It's now obvious the prior failures had nothing to do with Frazier. Frazier got scapegoated by this loser coach who talks about accountability but has none for himself. I wish Frazier would spill the truth on 13 seconds. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I said before the season started I thought it was great Frazier was gone for one simple reason. McDermott has no more excuses. 

It's now obvious the prior failures had nothing to do with Frazier. Frazier got scapegoated by this loser coach who talks about accountability but has none for himself. I wish Frazier would spill the truth on 13 seconds. 

Spill the truth on 13 seconds huh.  What if in fact it was 100% his (Frazier's) call, would that make you happy?

No you are frustrated we lost yesterday and want to get some psychological payback on McDermott and hope Frazier would come out and say it was all McDermott's fault.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Spill the truth on 13 seconds huh.  What if in fact it was 100% his (Frazier's) call, would that make you happy?

No you are frustrated we lost yesterday and want to get some psychological payback on McDermott and hope Frazier would come out and say it was all McDermott's fault.

Right.

And, everyone knows McDermott didn’t blame Leslie for that game. He blamed the special teams coach and fired him.

Frazier was last season’s McDermott scapegoat.

This year it has been Ken Dorsey.

Meanwhile, Sean’s defense can’t stop any offense when the game is on the line.

Who will he blame for that?

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Oh no, let’s not kid ourselves. Frazier stunk too.

It was awful having a top 3 defense every year. Awful!!!

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

Right.

And, everyone knows McDermott didn’t blame Leslie for that game. He blamed the special teams coach and fired him.

He’s firing himself as DC.

in a weird way, the Brady looking good thing is even worse for him because why did he stay with Dorsey so long.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Frazier was frustrating in that he played so conservatively.

But I don't recall ever giving up so many game winning drives with him. 

Or maybe I just have amnesia.

What do you call what McD does late in games? We were giving their receivers 8 yards of cushion on 3rd and shorts. 

McD’s philosophy late in yesterdays game in the 4th and OT was literally to leave their receivers wide open on any short pass and just hope they dropped them. 

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Beast said:

Right.

Not defending McDermott at all here but Dorsey was a legitimate problem.  The difference in Allen has been night and day once he got canned.

It's a McDermott issue ultimately anyways. Dorsey should have been canned before the season started. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He wasn’t a scapegoat, Frazier has said 100 times why he left, this narrative he was forced out is pretty ridiculous.  

Doesn’t mean McD doesn’t have a lot to answer for, but Frazier was not a scapegoat and he left on his own…those are the facts.  

Doesn't mean you can’t still be happy he is gone for the reasons you stated, but this “scapegoat” narrative is just another false story around here.  

McD for sure though put a target on his back by wearing two hats though when Frazier stepped away.  

And to be quite honest, it’s not his DC hat that is going to get him fired.  Defense has dealt with a lot and still played well enough for this team to be the #1 seed in AFC right now had the Dorsey led offense not sucked for most of the season.  

But, his HC hat is where he is really in trouble this year as there are now a pile of glaring coaching decisions that have really been hard to ignore.  And the end of the Philly game wasting a timeout to ice a kicker attempting a rushed 59 yard FG in bad weather was about as stupid as it gets, especially since we could have had 20 seconds and TWO timeouts to try and get a FG ourselves.  

KC scored a FG in 13 seconds against us then did it again the following regular season against us last year at end of half in LESS time with only 12 seconds to go and get a FG.

As soon as we took a knee to end the 4th I knew that if we lose this game after not trying to win it there that McD may have just sealed his fate.  

And most of us knew Dorsey should have been fired even sooner than he did.  Seeing this offense ball out 2 weeks straight and avg 33 points a game after Dorsey (against weaker defenses) averaged 20.5 for 6 weeks shows just how stupid it was to keep sticking with Dorsey until it was near too late.  And that choice also put this team in such a hole that even if we play great down the stretch and win out from here, we could very easily still miss playoffs.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Frazier was frustrating in that he played so conservatively.

But I don't recall ever giving up so many game winning drives with him. 

Or maybe I just have amnesia.

He was here for Hail Murray and the Titans disaster in 2020, off the top of my head.

All these coaches but nobody calls out the GM. They were given Allen. No Johnson, Lombardi, Parcells or Gibbs is gonna win with the little guy at RB1. Still beyond the obvious they weren't given enough to work with. Every year those close to the team, like Kelly, and nationwide ask when they'll get the qb some help. Last year's blame was the OL, and  now the coaches. Cut to the chase and stop wasting this guy's career.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

He was here for Hail Murray and the Titans disaster in 2020, off the top of my head.

We lost the Titans game on offense (failed 4th down). Unless you mean the other Titans game where we were blown out - that wasn't a game winning drive scenario.

35 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Preach 

10 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Not defending McDermott at all here but Dorsey was a legitimate problem.  The difference in Allen has been night and day once he got canned.

It's a McDermott issue ultimately anyways. Dorsey should have been canned before the season started. 

Yes, Dorsey is 100% on McDermott. I don’t care if there were influences when he made that hire. The Bills were in a championship window and he hired someone that never called a game or implemented an offense.

And why does Sean McDermott have a job when his defense can’t stop anyone when the game is on the line? When is he going to be held accountable? He sure likes to hold other coaches accountable. And players. (See Cook benched again early after his drop yesterday.)

Screw Sean McDermott. The ultimate do as I say and not as I do guy in this league. He looks in the mirror and sees others.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

We lost the Titans game on offense (failed 4th down). Unless you mean the other Titans game where we were blown out - that wasn't a game winning drive scenario.

Yes the blowout one. The one where Norman got stiff armed into oblivion. 

We had so many blowout losses under Frazier. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.