Ravens Vs Dolphins, week 17 Most critical non-Bills game left on the schedule

Chaos

Going into week 17, it is a near certainty, the Ravens will have clinched a playoff spot, and almost a near certainty they will have clinched the division.  And somewhere around a 50/50 chance they will have the #1 seed locked up. 

Assuming the Bills win out, they still most likely need to win the division to advance to the playoffs. To win the division, in addition to the Bills beating the Dolphins, they need the Dolphins to lose two other games.   Based on talent level, the Ravens and Cowboys are the most likely teams to beat the Dolphins.  The Cowboys will be motivated to beat the Dolphins at the time they play. 

The Ravens may be faced with the following situation, beat the Dolphins and play the very hot Bills team (scenario is the Bills win out) as a playoff opponent.  Or rest the team up and face the Dolphins as a playoff opponent. This would be an interesting decision for Harbaugh. 

The most speculative part of this scenario is the Bills winning out. And there is other speculation.  But aside from the Bills winning out, I think this game will likely be the most critical non-Bills game left on the schedule. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

I think it’s cute you’re still thinking about the playoffs 

I have numerous posts explaining how it is likely over, even if the Bills win out.   I am just pointing out that in the event the Bills do win out, they will likely need the Ravens to beat the Dolphins for them 

We still have a chance but the season will be hanging out in every game we play moving forward, starting with a very though travel to KC. 

We have seen the Bills can beat any team, but also can lose to any team, mostly lose by themselves. 

Coach needs to challenge its players to treat every game like a playoffs game. 

i trust we can do our part.

Just now, Chaos said:

Is this Coach McD's burner account? It is his MO to explain past events for current failures. 

Wait aren’t you the genius who said Hurt should be eliminated from the MVP talk and then he proceed to have 5 tds? Brilliant!

and we shouldn’t have beaten 2 of the worst qbs in the nfl??? Did you go to Harvard bro?

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I have numerous posts explaining how it is likely over, even if the Bills win out.   I am just pointing out that in the event the Bills do win out, they will likely need the Ravens to beat the Dolphins for them 

Just not sure why you would even waste your time posting this tho? Everyone knows they are not mathematically eliminated. But cmon, after last night do you honestly believe they won’t screw up another game? Of course they could win out. I have no doubt about that. I even think it’s a decent possibility. But what does that accomplish. We will make the playoffs and just lose anyway because McDippy still won’t have learned how to coach by then. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wait aren’t you the genius who said Hurt should be eliminated from the MVP talk and then he proceed to have 5 tds? Brilliant!

and we shouldn’t have beaten 2 of the worst qbs in the nfl??? Did you go to Harvard bro?

Allen was so much better than Hurt yesterday, that Hurt should be out of the conversation.  

9 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Going into week 17, it is a near certainty, the Ravens will have clinched a playoff spot, and almost a near certainty they will have clinched the division.  And somewhere around a 50/50 chance they will have the #1 seed locked up. 

Assuming the Bills win out, they still most likely need to win the division to advance to the playoffs. To win the division, in addition to the Bills beating the Dolphins, they need the Dolphins to lose two other games.   Based on talent level, the Ravens and Cowboys are the most likely teams to beat the Dolphins.  The Cowboys will be motivated to beat the Dolphins at the time they play. 

The Ravens may be faced with the following situation, beat the Dolphins and play the very hot Bills team (scenario is the Bills win out) as a playoff opponent.  Or rest the team up and face the Dolphins as a playoff opponent. This would be an interesting decision for Harbaugh. 

The most speculative part of this scenario is the Bills winning out. And there is other speculation.  But aside from the Bills winning out, I think this game will likely be the most critical non-Bills game left on the schedule. 

The Ravens still have the 49ers and Jags on there schedule before that Dolphins game they might need it for home field advantage. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.