Bass = Norwood

Dr.Sack

Just sad man. The dude was a drafted kicker and sucked. We suck with him and he became pretty money. But my friends were worried about it. 

I like to think it shouldn’t be close enough for a kicker to be the difference. Like 50 plays in the game that could have changed that outcome. But like 90% of nfl kickers hit that. And we take that momentum and win in OT. It just sucks. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Just sad man. The dude was a drafted kicker and sucked. We suck with him and he became pretty money. But my friends were worried about it. 

I like to think it shouldn’t be close enough for a kicker to be the difference. Like 50 plays in the game that could have changed that outcome. But like 90% of nfl kickers hit that. And we take that momentum and win in OT. It just sucks. 

Scott Norwood with a bigger leg. This guy looks shaky on a 25 yarder. Honestly, Bass is worse than Norwood. At least Scott made a ton of game winning kicks prior to SB 25

Edited by buffblue
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sven233 said:

The thing is, they will bring Bass back and I think it is a mistake.  Sure, he's made some big kicks for us.  But this is the kind of kick.....coupled with how bad he's been down the stretch, that no matter how mentally tough you are, you will think about every time you are in a clutch situation.  And that is very dangerous to have as a team in critical moments.  I think you have to cut him now and start fresh.  Otherwise, there won't be any confidence foe a crucial kick in the future.

I guess I should add that another reason they will bring him back next year is because of the big contract they gave him this off season.  I don't know the exact numbers without looking at his contract, but I believe he would count like 7 million+ in dead cap if we cut him.  His contract, coupled with the Knox and Miller contracts, aren't the most team friendly right now.  Just no way to get out of them for a couple of years at least.

13 minutes ago, sven233 said:

I guess I should add that another reason they will bring him back next year is because of the big contract they gave him this off season.  I don't know the exact numbers without looking at his contract, but I believe he would count like 7 million+ in dead cap if we cut him.  His contract, coupled with the Knox and Miller contracts, aren't the most team friendly right now.  Just no way to get out of them for a couple of years at least.

Cap hit doesn’t matter when you have kicker you can’t trust.  He is either gone or will have competition brought in on a regular basis.  

On 11/26/2023 at 9:02 PM, Bagwell358 said:

He’s mentally screwed and I’m afraid we have seen his best.

he’s become a middle of the road kicker.

He's broken, mentally I don't think he is capable to kick for the Bills anymore.

He's not a good kicker in windy conditions.  The ball always comes off his foot weird and has a natural left to right path, and just like golf, is more difficult to control.  Kickers like Tucker, Dicker, Butker, etc..., they all have strong legs and get more of a right to left path which cuts through the wind better.  Everyone of his kicks last night had the same action and he started them all way too far right.  And after last night, his brain is fried.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/22/2024 at 1:18 AM, buffblue said:

Scott Norwood with a bigger leg. This guy looks shaky on a 25 yarder. Honestly, Bass is worse than Norwood. At least Scott made a ton of game winning kicks prior to SB 25

Unless you check the stats. Bass above 80% every year. Norwood in the SIXTIES half his career. And career longs? Like over 50 yards? LOL.

First of all let’s lay off both these kickers the Buffalo Bills win and lose as a team. The Scott Norwood and Tyler Bass missed kicks aren’t the same. Scott Norwood kick was to win Super Bowl 25. Even if Tyler Bass makes the kick it only ties the game and Kansas City Chiefs have the football. I don’t think the Bills were good enough this season too many defensive injuries sunk this team in the end defensively. Super Bowl 25 our offense played terrible that is why the Bills didn’t win Super Bowl 25. Scott Norwood should never have been put in that situation. The Bills were better than the New York Giants 99 times out of 100 and unfortunately the Bills played that one time game out of 100 games costing the Bills Super 25 in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Chalk it up to another stupid and premature extension.  His dead cap this season is $7.4 and 3.5 in 2025. We're stuck with him, Knox, Miller and Diggs.  Yay

Wow I really don't see how we can go into next season with him.

No doubt he's gonna cost us big-time. 

• Agree 1

On 11/26/2023 at 9:01 PM, Dr.Sack said:

Stating the obvious this guy has regressed in 2023. Is Bass washed? 

Nuthin but luv, but get over yourself, put on your big boy pants and move on, ya know, like an adult…, 

Off the top of my head, I believe Norwood was much more consistent than Bass. Tyler has been concerning to me for well over a year now. They each missed 44 yarders but Norwood > Bass imo. I expect the Bills to move on from him. 

On 1/22/2024 at 1:02 AM, buffblue said:

Can I just say again that Tyler Bass sucks? So so fragile

I think he sucks too! Big leg but erratic.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.