Who should coach this team in 2024?

Kirby Jackson

11 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

No. He’s the easy scapegoat. The next man up in the blame game. Our losses are by 6, 5, 4, 6, 2, 3. I don’t think a new HC gets you over that hump. Players are put in a position to win week in and week out. We shouldn’t take that for granted.

we took the game out of their hands tonight 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

McDermott is absolutely not the answer. He’s a loser that always loses. If McDermott is fired, it’ll be one of the most desirable jobs available. If you were Terry Pegula, who would you hire? 

I’m in record that I’d fire McDermott in the morning and hand Brady the keys. I’d give him a 6 week audition. If it doesn’t work, I’d probably hire Bobby Slowik. Ben Johnson would be my 2nd option. 

How about waiting to see who is available among HCs and OCs among the guys who get fired day after season ends?

The best man available might well be in that pool.

I would push for experience and a veteran who has proven he can win, if that man exists this off-season.

if not, give Ben Johnson a shot at it.  why not?

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Naw, the heat will be too much. Albright already mentioned that the seat is hot. He won’t be back. He sucks and mediocrity can’t be a thing with Josh Allen here.

You have far more faith in the Pegulas than I do. 

Albright saying the coaches seat is warm after a gut wrenching loss in a down season isn’t the evidence you think it is lol.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

No. He’s the easy scapegoat. The next man up in the blame game. Our losses are by 6, 5, 4, 6, 2, 3. I don’t think a new HC gets you over that hump. Players are put in a position to win week in and week out. We shouldn’t take that for granted.

This is weirdly ironic. The Bills have a +101 point differential. Only Baltimore’s is larger in the AFC. The Bills average 8.5 points more, per game, than their opponent yet are .500. That’s pretty much the definition of horrendous coaching. When they game gets close, they don’t close.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

How about waiting to see who is available among HCs and OCs among the guys who get fired day after season ends?

The best man available might well be in that pool.

I would push for experience and a veteran who has proven he can win, if that man exists this off-season.

if not, give Ben Johnson a shot at it.  why not?

I don’t need to wait. I want to identify the person and hire them. 

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

McDermott is absolutely not the answer. He’s a loser that always loses. If McDermott is fired, it’ll be one of the most desirable jobs available. If you were Terry Pegula, who would you hire? 

I’m in record that I’d fire McDermott in the morning and hand Brady the keys. I’d give him a 6 week audition. If it doesn’t work, I’d probably hire Bobby Slowik. Ben Johnson would be my 2nd option. 

At this point everyone should recognize that every season under McDermott is a lost season. If I’m being honest, after his massive choke in the 13 seconds debacle there was no real hope of better than what we’ve seen since then. The sooner we move on, the sooner we find a HC that can win it all. No guarantees we do, but there’s no chance if we don’t.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Slowik is interesting. He doesn’t have much coaching experience and this is first year as an OC. It’s tough to ignore what he’s done in Houston though and we’ve seen recent coaches who never even had play calling experience go on to

be good HCs. 

ultimately, playcalling isn’t a hard rule skill for head coaches, though it’s a nice thing to have. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is weirdly ironic. The Bills have a +101 point differential. Only Baltimore’s is larger in the AFC. The Bills average 8.5 points more, per game, than their opponent yet are .500. That’s pretty much the definition of horrendous coaching. When they game gets close, they don’t close.

Maybe the players choke? No it can’t be the players, way easier to blame Dorsey, I mean McD. 

Edited by RoscoeParrish
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You have far more faith in the Pegulas than I do. 

Albright saying the coaches seat is warm after a gut wrenching loss in a down season isn’t the evidence you think it is lol.

He’s generally had an ear to the ground on the Bills. It’s obviously warm. They outscored teams by 8.5 points a week but win half of their games 😂😂. That’s only on him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, NoSaint said:

ultimately, playcalling isn’t a hard rule skill for head coaches, though it’s a nice thing to have. 

I think the idea is obviously to hire an offensive HC who you can pair with our franchise QB entering his prime. That new HC doesn’t necessarily have to call plays but it would be nice.

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He is literally the anti-Tomlin. The Steelers have nothing, no QB, still squeezing out wins and in the playoffs. McD has everything he could wish for and keeps losing dumb, close games because he doesnt know when to put a foot on the opponents throat.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

Maybe the players choke? No it can’t be the players, way easier to blame Dorsey, I mean McD. 

His team has outscored the opposition by 8.5 points a week. How many spreads are 8.5? They are 2-6 in one score games. They took a knee with Josh Allen and 20 seconds. He’s 8-15 in 1 score games over the last 3 years!! How many TOTAL lossss over the last 3 years? Please do better…

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Keep Joe Brady. I know it's two weeks but I love his offense. 

Get Saleh out of NY for DC. 

HC, who knows. Would prefer someone with some past experience. 

Brady was good today my one complaint is about not getting Kincaid involved in the second half and especially overtime.  They never targeted him after the first half.🤔

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

His team has outscored the opposition by 8.5 points a week. How many spreads are 8.5? They are 2-6 in one score games. They took a knee with Josh Allen and 20 seconds. He’s 8-15 in 1 score games over the last 3 years!! How many TOTAL lossss over the last 3 years? Please do better…

Josh Allen ain’t clutch?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.