NFL 360: Gone - Eli Ankou of Bills highlights the plight of missing and murdered indigenous women

BuffaloBill

• BuffaloBill changed the title to NFL 360: Gone - Eli Ankou of Bills highlights the plight of missing and murdered indigenous women
52 minutes ago, Savage said:

Canada’s dirty little secret.

Every country has dirty little secrets, its good that he is exposing this one to the daylight, 

• Like (+1) 3

Nice… next question, what country or previous country in history doesn’t have a terrible dirty little secret? Please name one, any country ever. He should spend his next bit of free time bringing light to all of the dirty little secrets of all the countries. Maybe the dirty little secrets of the indigenous people of that land prior. They are sure to have them, otherwise they wouldn’t have been in control of that land. I think we all are curios at how terrible the previous regime was also. 

Edited by Prospector
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

One thing to note is that these women are in dangerous lifestyles. Prostitution and drug trafficking. Not condoning but I think in most countries when ladies who work these trades go missing it’s not because of color or race 

Do you think that the majority of women involved in such lifestyles or “trades” are doing so because of free choice?  

23 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

One thing to note is that these women are in dangerous lifestyles. Prostitution and drug trafficking. Not condoning but I think in most countries when ladies who work these trades go missing it’s not because of color or race 

In this case it’s highly disproportionate to indigenous women. So it’s a bit more of a problem vs the average population. 

16 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Do you think that the majority of women involved in such lifestyles or “trades” are doing so because of free choice?  

No but it’s still a choice. Indigenous peoples have opportunities that the average person does not have like free university education. They chose not to go. 

35 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

In this case it’s highly disproportionate to indigenous women. So it’s a bit more of a problem vs the average population. 

It’s a long and convoluted conversation for sure. The issue here is that they are given everything without having to work for it so there is no incentive to work hard 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, AlfaBill said:

No but it’s still a choice. Indigenous peoples have opportunities that the average person does not have like free university education. They chose not to go. 

It’s a long and convoluted conversation for sure. The issue here is that they are given everything without having to work for it so there is no incentive to work hard 

Indigenous woman must just be predisposed to this. Problem solved. Delete the 38 minute documentary and move on. 

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Exactly. What is the choice that they have?

Starve?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/23/2023 at 9:29 PM, Prospector said:

Nice… next question, what country or previous country in history doesn’t have a terrible dirty little secret? Please name one, any country ever. He should spend his next bit of free time bringing light to all of the dirty little secrets of all the countries. Maybe the dirty little secrets of the indigenous people of that land prior. They are sure to have them, otherwise they wouldn’t have been in control of that land. I think we all are curios at how terrible the previous regime was also. 

I bet you drive a pickup truck with a Calvin peeing decal.

On 11/23/2023 at 4:32 PM, Savage said:

Canada’s dirty little secret.

It's not just a Canadian "secret".   The young woman whose murder inspired this documentary was from the Northern Cheyenne Reservation which is Montana.   The last time I looked, Montana is a state in the United States.

On 11/23/2023 at 9:39 PM, AlfaBill said:

One thing to note is that your statement is a misogynistic and racist excuse to dismiss a serious problem that exists in the US.  White women who are not involved in prostitution and/or drug trafficking go missing daily all over the US.   Most are never found.  Many of those whose remains are found are found years or decades later purely by accident.  In my corner of New York State, Chautauqua County, there are three very well known cases of women who vanished in the last half century and have never been found:  Patricia Laemmerhirt (1976), Lori Ceci Bova (1997), and Corrie Anderson (2008).  All were white.  None were involved in "dangerous lifestyles".   Corrie Anderson was a librarian at Jamestown Community College with a little boy, whom she never arrived to pick up.   Her "dangerous lifestyle" was probably having an ex-husband and living in a predominantly rural, densely forested area where bodies are easier to hide than in a more urban or suburban area.

12 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

This is nothing but more racist bull manure.  

• Agree 2

On 11/23/2023 at 9:39 PM, AlfaBill said:

I met a woman this past summer from Cameroon (in Africa on the Atlantic coast near the Congo).  She fled to the US out of fear for her life from her abusive husband.  She is well educated and the daughter of a pastor. 

• 1 month later...

I was just thinking about this. I wonder how he feels personally about Von Miller? The tide has definitely changed on Bills media about Miller. I wonder what the locker room thinks of him, especially Ankou who has been so forward to help women.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.