MNF Eagles @ Chiefs Game Thread

Process

7 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

notice how aikman did not say he threw that deep ball t hard like he did last week to blame allen....the ball had zero air under it but no mention of that.   

i would mention buck but he probably was getting his lipstick touched up during the play and didnt see it....

seriously though, mahomes threw a line drive....forcing his wr to dive instead of putting air on it and letting his wr run under it for the easier catch.

100%. I thought the same thing. That was a tough catch especially with the rain but no way can you criticize Muppet man 

Edited by AlfaBill
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

MVS dropped a TD that probably wins this game and Watson dropped multiple passes including the 4th down pass that ended it for KC.    

He was also useless on that INT and blew the punt cover on that Eagles scoring drive among other mistakes you see from great athletes with poor instincts.

I bet he's dumber than a chicken..... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, FireChans said:

They had an early lead and turtled to the end. It wasn’t a shootout by any means.

I think I just fundamentally disagree with the building strategies of these teams. You are paying these superstar QB’s a giant chunk of your cap, because teams rightly know they are so important, then they cut corners on the offense around them.

I get that defense is important, particularly forcing TO’s, but the Chiefs won it all last year because of their unstoppable offense in the SB. The Bengals almost won because of their star studded offensive cast.

I used to disagree because of Brady and how he always did more with less from a personnel, but now I wonder. 

I know it wasn't a shootout.  The Bills though...even after their lead didn't give anything to the Jets offense.  In fact the Chiefs let the Jets tie them then won on a FG 23-20.

As to your point about getting offensive weapons...they seem to be available throughout all 7 rounds.  Whereas late round defensive studs are the exception rather than the rule.  I never understand why teams ignore their o lines.  

Edited by jkeerie
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

100%. I thought the same thing. That was a tough catch especially with the rain but no way can you criticize Muppet man 

Bunk.

I dgaf about the media; that ball was a pillow.

He could have stuck his arms out and just run through his route with his eyes closed and it probably would have stuck to him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Bunk.

I dgaf about the media; that ball was a pillow.

He could have stuck his arms out and just run through his route with his eyes closed and it probably would have stuck to him.

What pass are you talking about? The one where he stretched out to make a grab with no arc on the throw, in the downpour? That was no easy catch, ya he should’ve had it as an NFL wr but you’re missing the point here. Josh would’ve been critiqued for the throw not the drop 

• Disagree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

What pass are you talking about? The one where he stretched out to make a grab with no arc on the throw, in the downpour? That was no easy catch, ya he should’ve had it as an NFL wr but you’re missing the point here. Josh would’ve been critiqued for the throw not the drop 

100% this.  Best they would have said is something like “Allen’s been just a touch off on his passes all year.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, Simon said:

He was also useless on that INT and blew the punt cover on that Eagles scoring drive among other mistakes you see from great athletes with poor instincts.

I bet he's dumber than a chicken..... 

I thought his worst play was somewhere in the late 3rd or early 4th, he ran a deep fade route like he was riding the tilt-a-whirl. Clearly lost track of the ball and did a full 360 trying to locate it, as the ball helplessly sailed past him and hit the ground. Probably the 2nd funniest individual performance of the year to be honest, after of course Kadarius Toney's in the season opener.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I thought his worst play was somewhere in the late 3rd or early 4th, he ran a deep fade route like he was riding the tilt-a-whirl. Clearly lost track of the ball and did a full 360 trying to locate it, as the ball helplessly sailed past him and hit the ground. Probably the 2nd funniest individual performance of the year to be honest, after of course Kadarius Toney's in the season opener.

lol, I was in and out of the room and missed that one.

Thanks for the great visual. :lol:

33 minutes ago, FireChans said:

They had an early lead and turtled to the end. It wasn’t a shootout by any means.

I think I just fundamentally disagree with the building strategies of these teams. You are paying these superstar QB’s a giant chunk of your cap, because teams rightly know they are so important, then they cut corners on the offense around them.

I get that defense is important, particularly forcing TO’s, but the Chiefs won it all last year because of their unstoppable offense in the SB. The Bengals almost won because of their star studded offensive cast.

I used to disagree because of Brady and how he always did more with less from a personnel, but now I wonder. 

That’s part of it.  I feel that they won last year because they didn’t suffer any injuries on either side of the ball.  Completely healthy.  Its rare to be THAT healthy come SB

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, zow2 said:

That was the best result we could ask for. A nice hard fought emotional win for Philly. They will arrive home at like 4:15am. Then have to drive home.  They won’t be awake again until Wednesday. Short week.

Its now up to the Bills to take advantage. 

Revenge for our jet lag

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Simon said:

You guys are nutso.

There was zero need for him to fall all over himself; he was in midstride when that ball contacted his hands and then he went stumbling and bumbling after it.

Agreed. It hit MVS right in his mitts of stone. That drop is squarely on the mediocre-at-best WR and the front office who thought he was somehow worth a damn.

• Agree 1

Just now, ExWNYer said:

Agreed. It hit MVS right in his mitts of stone. That drop is squarely on the mediocre-at-best WR and the front office who thought he was somehow worth a damn.

It hit his outstretched  hands while he was almost in a dive. With the rain. 
may he should’ve caught it but it wasn’t a gimme. Kermit should have put some arc on that 

• Disagree 1

Just now, AlfaBill said:

may he should’ve caught it but it wasn’t a gimme. Kermit should have put some arc on that 

Watch it again. He got both hands on the ball and was nowhere close to being in an all out dive. Starting NFL WRs not named Gabe Davis make that catch

1 hour ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

You really have to love the way kansas city lost.  Feels like one of the many epic bills collapses. I know how their fans must feel tonight. 

I hope they lose in this fashion in every game for the rest of the season. 

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Shut out in the 2nd half.  Didn’t Miami also shut them out in the second half?

6 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Dude, he only dove after the ball hit his hands and then bounced and hit him in the face. He floundered trying to catch the ball. It was a pretty dang good throw. Bills fans would be pretty mad if that was Davis trying to catch that pass.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.