McDermott on Dorsey

Buffalo Barbarian

Just now, akm0404 said:

No it doesn't.  That Allen run was with 2:00 on the clock with Denver having 2 timeouts.  It doesn't make sense in a perfect world, an imperfect world, or any world in between.

In our world scoring when we did cost us the game. Should have tripped and fell short of the goal. Hell Denver’s D wanted him to score to get the ball back. Check the tape. 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

In our world scoring when we did cost us the game. Should have tripped and fell short of the goal. Hell Denver’s D wanted him to score to get the ball back. Check the tape. 

Stop it, you are wrong.

The play was 2nd and Goal from the 6 yard line with 2:00 left, Bills down 6, Denver with 2 timeouts.

Explain to me how the game goes if Josh Allen slides down at the 1 instead of scoring the touchdown with 1:55 to go.  I'll even let you just magically gift the Bills a free touchdown on whatever down you think they should, ignoring that like, you don't just get to push a button on the Touchdown Machine.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, akm0404 said:

Yes, yes it is.  There are times when "going down" to keep the clock running is the correct play.

Second and goal from the 6 behind by 6 points with 2:00 left and your opponent having 2 timeouts is most assuredly not one of them.  Whether you're an idiot like Sean McDermott or a genius like Peyton Manning, it doesn't change reality.

Your words were “it’s just something you imagined would be better”

I rebutted with it’s not made up, a pretty notable HOF QB mentioned it in real time. 

And you are saying “no it is because it’s a bad idea”.

I’m not even arguing whether it’s a good idea or bad. In fact in my original post you quoted I said “I prefer to take the points when they’re available”. I also said “Pundits with real liked NFL experiences aren’t infallible”. 

But here we are talking about things being made up still….

• Vomit 1

Just now, Mango said:

Your words were “it’s just something you imagined would be better”

I rebutted with it’s not made up, a pretty notable HOF QB mentioned it in real time. 

And you are saying “no it is because it’s a bad idea”.

I’m not even arguing whether it’s a good idea or bad. In fact in my original post you quoted I said “I prefer to take the points when they’re available”. I also said “Pundits with real liked NFL experiences aren’t infallible”. 

But here we are talking about things being made up still….

Any scenario where the correct play was for Josh Allen to slide down at the 1 yard line on 2nd and Goal from the 6 with 2:00 to play, down 6 points, with Denver having 2 timeouts is simply not true.  It doesn't matter who says it is true, it just is not.

• Agree 1

Stop it, you are wrong.

The play was 2nd and Goal from the 6 yard line with 2:00 left, Bills down 6, Denver with 2 timeouts.

Explain to me how the game goes if Josh Allen slides down at the 1 instead of scoring the touchdown with 1:55 to go.  I'll even let you just magically gift the Bills a free touchdown on whatever down you think they should, ignoring that like, you don't just get to push a button on the Touchdown Machine.

Easy Josh slides at the 1’ line, it’s now on Denver to call a TO. Let them use it.  As it stands Cam Lewis gets injured and they get a free TO. If we failed at the 1’ line we still have 3 TOs to stop Denver. 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Any scenario where the correct play was for Josh Allen to slide down at the 1 yard line on 2nd and Goal from the 6 with 2:00 to play, down 6 points, with Denver having 2 timeouts is simply not true.  It doesn't matter who says it is true, it just is not.

You should maybe work on phrasing if you think “not true” and “disagreeing” are the same thing/interchangeable. They’re not. Like at all…

McDermott would throw his mom under the bus if it would mean Clappy keeping his job.

Coaching change or no coaching change, this team is going to need a fairly substantial retool this off-season.

If we wait another year or 2 and THEN fire McDermott, it will likely be too late relative to Josh's career.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Said he has confidence in him but things could have been better, then brings up scoring too fast when we got down to the endzone.

That tells me he is not happy with Dorsey.

I understand completely.

My wife also gets upset when I score too fast when I'm in her endzone.

• Haha (+1) 1

this is stupid you just score then ask your defense to stop someone when it counts  They havent done it all year of you think about it  Bucs game hail mary hits the ground and Godwin didnt see it in time  Giants game Taron Johson mugs the guy no call  That is two more choke jobs on Sean's resume  ST's sucked again  Lost Jets game and certainly contributed mightily tonight

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Does complimentary football actually mean football that makes McDermott's coaching not look bad? 

Like McDermott wants to play complimentary football because when they don't he has a scape goat 

In every loss there is a GOAT. Let’s be real did Norwood not lose Super Bowl 25, along with 1/2 the defense that missed Dave Megget? 

9 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

There are 2 important stats in football.

Points per drive on offense. Points given up per drive on defense.

Score as many points per drive as possible and try to get as many drives as possible. McDermott is miles behind what KC has for their coaches.

I love the way McDimwit benches Cook, as though the fumble was intentional or the product of "carelessness" and as though being benched will somehow prevent him from fumbling again in the future.

These guys are pros and they are trying their hardest all the time.  If he is the best runner, you play HIM, McDimwit.

McDermott is like an 8th grade gym coach compared to the elite coaching minds of this league...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Dorsey called a good game today. I’m tired of letting Josh Allen off the hook. I like the kid but he’s overrated. If you go into a game wondering if Bad Josh or Good Josh is going to show up you have a problem. 

He makes too many damn mistakes and I’m tired of it. No accountability on the sideline. Doesn’t try to get guys going when he’s on the bench. Just sits there with a dazed look on his face. I’m over it. But unfortunately we stuck with him. So Dorsey will take the fall.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

You should maybe work on phrasing if you think “not true” and “disagreeing” are the same thing/interchangeable. They’re not. Like at all…

My phrasing is fine, your understanding of the situation is not.  But it's fine, take the L and move on.

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

In every loss there is a GOAT. Let’s be real did Norwood not lose Super Bowl 25, along with 1/2 the defense that missed Dave Megget? 

I was too young to have watched that super live.....but I watched the highlights every super bowl Sunday for years (along with every super bowl) and was always amazed that little guy was ALWAYS open for 15 yards 

What actually happened and how 

2 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

this is stupid you just score then ask your defense to stop someone when it counts  They havent done it all year of you think about it  Bucs game hail mary hits the ground and Godwin didnt see it in time  Giants game Taron Johson mugs the guy no call  That is two more choke jobs on Sean's resume  ST's sucked again  Lost Jets game and certainly contributed mightily tonight

Pats game Allen also left the field with the lead and less than 2 minutes left. Then McDermott’s defense gives up a game winning TD drive to Mac Jones, one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.