McDermott on Dorsey

Buffalo Barbarian

8 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Well maybe McD will bench Allen and start the other Allen.

I'm sure benching Josh will be discussed by the powers, then dismissed as a crazy idea.

If Kyle Allen weren't such a walking horror show, they would bench Josh. But Kyle would bring the Bills to new levels of awful.

32 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

he's been coached not to run, yes, but he hasn't been coached out of not giving a damn about actually reading defenses

Great analogy i saw on the old Twitter machine: 

Josh Allen is the television you buy your parents/grandparents. Top of the line model, amazing quality, etc. 

But they’re not going to use any of the features, have it on the wrong settings, half the buttons on the remote are taped over, etc. 

And then complain about it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

If this was the case he would still be running like he did a few seasons ago. He’s been coached not to, it’s blatantly obvious.

Teams are taking it away.  He tried early on this season but DEs are prioritizing containment, and multiple teams have utilized 3 rushers with double spy against us on 3rd downs.  Teams are making it harder for him and he likely has slowed down a bit from bodily wear and tear.

44 minutes ago, boater said:

I'm sure benching Josh will be discussed by the powers, then dismissed as a crazy idea.

If Kyle Allen weren't such a walking horror show, they would bench Josh. But Kyle would bring the Bills to new levels of awful.

You really think McD would be stupid enough to bench Allen if he had a better backup?  I guess he could be that stupid given that he thought Pederman was a starting caliber NFL QB.

Bump post-Dorsey firing.

If the comments in the OP are accurate... that "scoring too fast" was the straw that broke the camel's back for McDermott... I just don't know what to say.  Beane should be firing McDermott's behind and cleaning house before the end of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Avisan said:

Teams are taking it away.  He tried early on this season but DEs are prioritizing containment, and multiple teams have utilized 3 rushers with double spy against us on 3rd downs.  Teams are making it harder for him and he likely has slowed down a bit from bodily wear and tear.

Teams are making him win within the play.

14 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

Bump post-Dorsey firing.

If the comments in the OP are accurate... that "scoring too fast" was the straw that broke the camel's back for McDermott... I just don't know what to say.  Beane should be firing McDermott's behind and cleaning house before the end of the season.

Beane CAN'T fire McDermott. McDermott hired Beane.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.