Gabe Davis & Cook decline to interview after the game

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, Utah John said:

No I'm not.  I think Cook has been getting better and better, and was ready to light it up against a poor Denver D.  He could have had 150 yards or more if he'd been left in.

Who cares? That doesn't mean the Bills win. They had 177 rush yards between Cook and Murray, anyway. 192 total. They still didn't win. Cook's absence meant nothing.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

didnt he make the stop on the punt return.   seems like him and the long snapper made back to back plays on special teams 

I think you’re thinking of the bass tackle.  My beef with Martin was the crappy punt that resulted in a 35-ish yard return.  I think Ferguson made the tackle and the flex on that one. 

24 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

That’s a captain.  

Bye Sean.  

I will say, the guy this organization believed was a fill in WR 1 declined to play tonight to.  

As I watched this game, I saw a team that had no leadership, like they lost their coach.  I believe it at this point

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

McDimwhit should have declined interview too. Seriously. But then he’s such a jackars that he did presser and blamed players for 12 men on field 

He low key gloated about his defense which was pretty awful in the end when we needed it most. Thats twice now josh has taken lead in final 2 minutes against bad teams and our defense gives it up. 

Almost 3 times considering tyrod taylor was on our 1 yard line and we got lucky no ref flag.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, damj said:

I'm good with cutting Davis now.  

I don't want him here next year and would we really be any worse without him?

I'm not going to defend Davis on his receiving, which I acknowledge is his main job, but I will point out that he's really good at downfield blocking.  I don't think he's ever going to get better at finding holes in zones or at route running, and his drops and his poor YAC also work against him.  But the powers that be seem to like having him out there.  Possibly because there's no feasible alternative.

Just now, BillsFan692 said:

He low key gloated about his defense which was pretty awful in the end when we needed it most. Thats twice now josh has taken lead in final 2 minutes against bad teams and our defense gives it up. 

Almost 3 times considering tyrod taylor was on our 1 yard line and we got lucky no ref flag.

hes deflecting blame to keep his job  He's got Dorsey on tap to fire to get him through 2024  Lets recap he's been given a once in a lifetime qb and used most of his assets on defense and time and time again they come up short  Yet offense sucked and coughed up the ball but its washed up Wilson we just let beat us at home

23 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

A lot of players decline interviews after losses every week. This is not abnormal, especially considering neither of these guys are huge talkers. If you're not required to interview, who really wants to sit there and talk to a reporter when they're pissed after a loss?

Tyler Boyd declined an interview after the Bengals loss where he dropped a TD pass that hit him right in the hands in the end zone on 3rd down and forced a FG to tie it, which allowed the Texans to win by kicking their own FG.  Have seen it happen a bunch of other places as well. Agree, not a good look but not uncommon either.

Only players that are required to speak to the media are the ones the Bills send out after the game.  Everyone else can if they feel like it but it's like a bonus if they choose to, they are not required to.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I think you’re thinking of the bass tackle.  My beef with Martin was the crappy punt that resulted in a 35-ish yard return.  I think Ferguson made the tackle and the flex on that one. 

thats right..idk why i was thinking the tackle was martin, I knew it was bass..     Martin started out so well and fell on his face this year.

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Who cares? That doesn't mean the Bills win. They had 177 rush yards between Cook and Murray, anyway. 192 total. They still didn't win. Cook's absence meant nothing.

What I saw was that when Cook was playing, the offense came to life.  Cook took the plays where Murray got a short gain, and gashed the defense.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

hes deflecting blame to keep his job  He's got Dorsey on tap to fire to get him through 2024  Lets recap he's been given a once in a lifetime qb and used most of his assets on defense and time and time again they come up short  Yet offense sucked and coughed up the ball but its washed up Wilson we just let beat us at home

To be fair, Wilson doesn't play like a washed up QB. He plays like a guy who doesn't have much arm left but who knows how to avoid pressure, move the chains and get wins.  Wilson was the difference in this game that both teams seemed determined to lose.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

To be fair, we don't know why or who benched Cook.

We have a pretty goid guess between two people, both whom should be fired at the end of this year no matter how much "consistency" the fan base preaches.  It becomes a point when you have to strike when have the ability too, we still have that ability in Josh Allen.  McDermott and Mcbeane gave it all they had and hit the lottery with the Qb, and can't come close to getting it done.  They are maxed at cap, old FAs, the roster looks to be in shambles next year.  Why not try to save possibly our only chance at a SB and gamble on an Offensive coach to at least try to win a SB while we have Josh Allen?  Why are so many missing the point I am seeing just to live in the world of "We are better than we were during the drought"? 

• Agree 2

Catch Allen's post game press conference, where he rushes in as soon as the game ends with his hat pulled down, mumbles a few semi-coherent platitudes (while Morse, who is with him, gives thoughtful responses), then abruptly leaves? That is the team leader--- pouts like a little child when the going is tough.

5 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I'm not going to defend Davis on his receiving, which I acknowledge is his main job, but I will point out that he's really good at downfield blocking.  I don't think he's ever going to get better at finding holes in zones or at route running, and his drops and his poor YAC also work against him.  But the powers that be seem to like having him out there.  Possibly because there's no feasible alternative.

Whose fault is that?

1 minute ago, Utah John said:

To be fair, Wilson doesn't play like a washed up QB. He plays like a guy who doesn't have much arm left but who knows how to avoid pressure, move the chains and get wins.  Wilson was the difference in this game that both teams seemed determined to lose.

that is on McDermott to adjust  Rush 4 have lb spy on wilson  Game over  Instead you got washed Von, Ed Oliver chasing bonuses running past Russ and he burnt them over and over again  

16 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

they dont give a damn...nah im straight to the bank with this check.  let the fans muck around in the wake, he gets paid. 

When reflecting last year after the Vikings debacle, I became numb to all the new ways they find to lose. 

During this time, I also learned to stop hating or caring about players, especially opposing players (the Brady's, the chiefs, etc) 

Almost every player will have more money then I can even dream of (even the minimum salary of 750K is more then a decades worth of work for me). They win, no matter what happens or there career goes to shambles even if they have a career ending injury, etc. They have the money and can laugh at the little people anytime they want. They win, the only victory a normal person can have is just tune it all out and not waste your energy on people who have won in life with $.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

He has to at this point, because he knows the only job he’s going to get after here is a DC position. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.