Broncos @ Bills - Postgame Thread

Simon

Hey what ever happened to Siran Neal? Last I heard he was healthy and still a Bill but he seems harder to find than Elam. Clearly he isn’t being used for his secondary or special teams abilities which seems odd. Is he also in McD’s weird little dog house? 

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

After 2019, DaBoll did a lot more than run Allen like a RB. In 2020, 2021 & 2022 the Bills had an elite passing attack led by Allen. 

And other then supporting Beans need to use Allen as a CAP ATM machine for extending the contract and freeing up money how valuable is "longevity"?  And what defines "longevity"?  Is another 6 or 7 years with Allen and the offense being highly productive using his full skill set and the Bills knocking on the SB door really worse then 10 to 12 more years of a less effective Allen?  I wonder what Allen would want?

But maybe you're right and the Bills can find the sweet spot where they "manage" Allen, extending his career while maintaining the "it" factor that makes Allen great.  But to do that they'll need to get coaches with the right skill sets to make it happen.  And more importantly they'll have to change the franchises focus from the defense to the offense.  I don't see McD or Bean as the guys to do it.

Josh Allen running was a huge part of when this offense dominated.  He demoralized teams.  Now there’s no threat of that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Josh Allen running was a huge part of when this offense dominated.  He demoralized teams.  Now there’s no threat of that. 

Funny how the only time from 2018 - 2022, when Allen ran a lot, he missed any games was when he was hurt in the pocket his rookie year.  Over those 5 seasons and 8 playoff games Allen's running was not getting him hurt. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Funny how the only time from 2018 - 2022, when Allen ran a lot, he missed any games was when he was hurt in the pocket his rookie year.  Over those 5 seasons and 8 playoff games Allen's running was not getting him hurt. 

And he still hasn’t been hurt running it. Yet the team has been hurt by him having not 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

After 2019, DaBoll did a lot more than run Allen like a RB. In 2020, 2021 & 2022 the Bills had an elite passing attack led by Allen. 

And other then supporting Beans need to use Allen as a CAP ATM machine for extending the contract and freeing up money how valuable is "longevity"?  And what defines "longevity"?  Is another 6 or 7 years with Allen and the offense being highly productive using his full skill set and the Bills knocking on the SB door really worse then 10 to 12 more years of a less effective Allen?  I wonder what Allen would want?

But maybe you're right and the Bills can find the sweet spot where they "manage" Allen, extending his career while maintaining the "it" factor that makes Allen great.  But to do that they'll need to get coaches with the right skill sets to make it happen.  And more importantly they'll have to change the franchises focus from the defense to the offense.  I don't see McD or Bean as the guys to do it.

Big fan of Daboll as Bills OC. He did a great job with the development of Josh Allen. Hated losing him.

Getting Kincaid in the 1st round is a good step in the right direction IMO. I also think we have just scratched the surface with James Cook. 

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Nelius said:

Hey what ever happened to Siran Neal? Last I heard he was healthy and still a Bill but he seems harder to find than Elam. Clearly he isn’t being used for his secondary or special teams abilities which seems odd. Is he also in McD’s weird little dog house? 

Last name 4 letters.  Into the doghouse with you.

2 hours ago, Figster said:

Big fan of Daboll as Bills OC. He did a great job with the development of Josh Allen. Hated losing him.

Getting Kincaid in the 1st round is a good step in the right direction IMO. I also think we have just scratched the surface with James Cook. 

Agreed. Those three players are my bright spots.

I'm currently on a "burn it all down" mood for everything else.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, billybob71 said:

me too,  first time i have said this on here, I have seen all the  fire McD posts,  i am now there also.

welcome to the party!!! here's your drink

6 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Rumor was that Daboll also would have taken a lateral position. He was done with McDermott (or McDermott was done with him, either way).

this. daboll was leaving, regardless.

6 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Best of luck with that 

exactly. saint josh is like many of these young kid QB's without the same adult desire. they're in the shadow of Roethlisberger and Rodgers vs. Manning, Montanna Marsha, and others who trained.

The entire season has been the same game every time.

- Open by shooting ourselves in the foot with unforced errors and/or tentative play (which go hand in hand)

- Get behind for three quarters to a lesser team, all the while thinking that the next drive is the one where we wake up

- Finally turn it on in the last ten minutes, take the lead

- Do something inexplicably stupid on the last defensive stand, usually accompanied by crappy ST play (complementary football)

- Either get a totally unsatisfying win by the skin of our teeth, or blow it in ridiculous fashion 

it’s ***** Groundhog Day

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Don't worry guys, McDermott and Beane are safe for 2024.  That should be real interesting 

Probably. Never been big fan of either but in all fairness the coaches aren't turning the ball over four times. I'm not against coaching change at all just don't know who you'd replace them with. Beane has not built this team well and we're tight on the cap. Frankly even healthy we're not a Super Bowl team.

Edited by Radar
  • Like (+1) 1

As someone who has been a diehard Bills fan for 50+ years, this is a really tough time right now. Honestly, it doesn’t “get to me” as much as it used to, because with age you get different priorities, but it still brings me down a bit.

1) Josh Allen definitely has regressed, and he’s not who we thought he was. I assume someday he’ll get back to being what he was a couple years ago, but only time will tell.

2) McD and his staff are just average coaches, and borderline incompetent. Pegula needs to clean house at the end of the year.

3) A lot of Bills player are either just dumb or just don’t care, and are just there for the paycheck. The on field execution continues to be abhorrent.

4) They should have never cut Matt Araiza. They caved to the angry, uninformed mob, and they should have stood with their player.

5) Would be very curious to know what this team actually does at practices.

I’ve been saying these things for weeks now, and I’ve been laughed at, puked on, red Xed, and thumbs downed. I’ll take apologies today for anybody who is man enough to step up and admit that they were wrong.

Finally, there’s always next year! 😉

• Vomit 1

11 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

As someone who has been a diehard Bills fan for 50+ years, this is a really tough time right now. Honestly, it doesn’t “get to me” as much as it used to, because with age you get different priorities, but it still brings me down a bit.

1) Josh Allen definitely has regressed, and he’s not who we thought he was. I assume someday he’ll get back to being what he was a couple years ago, but only time will tell.

2) McD and his staff are just average coaches, and borderline incompetent. Pegula needs to clean house at the end of the year.

3) A lot of Bills player are either just dumb or just don’t care, and are just there for the paycheck. The on field execution continues to be abhorrent.

4) They should have never cut Matt Araiza. They caved to the angry, uninformed mob, and they should have stood with their player.

5) Would be very curious to know what this team actually does at practices.

I’ve been saying these things for weeks now, and I’ve been laughed at, puked on, red Xed, and thumbs downed. I’ll take apologies today for anybody who is man enough to step up and admit that they were wrong.

Finally, there’s always next year! 😉

Never. Going. To. Happen.

This team had really bad glaring issues going into this season so I never really got the "hype" for this season.  The glue and tape are finally failing and the issues some have predicted are coming to fruition.  It sucks to be on the other side of it but my sneaking suspicion is that a lot of the "Bills are legit", "Bills are elite", "JA is Elite", "SB here we come" crowd are young, newly acquired members of the Bills Mafia (dumb name). 

Everyone needs to be held accountable.  From Beane to Josh Allen.  JA no longer gets a pass but neither does the Head Coach and OC.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.