Fire McDermott - 12 On the Field INEXCUSABLE

WEATHER DOT COM

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Before tonight my frustration was mostly with higher aspirations at mind. Like we won’t win a Super Bowl playing like this. I am now in the we may actually be a bad team.  The we have Josh argument is slowly dissolving each week. He looks worse than mediocre at this point. We drive the field running the ball not throwing it. 

Our scheme is bad on both sides of the ball and the holes Beane fills each offseason totally bust. The whole thing needs to be demolished.

• Agree 1

Just now, Governor said:

Our scheme is bad on both sides of the ball and the holes Beane fills each offseason totally bust. The whole thing needs to be demolished.

Tonight made that clear. With our backs against the wall the team made do many mistakes tonight. Fumbles, interceptions, clock management, penalties , playcalling on o, olay calling in d, use of personnel. All awful and just too much for professionals. 

1 hour ago, akm0404 said:

If McDermott or Dorsey have a job at lunchtime tomorrow, you know that whoever is running this clown show must be incapacitated.

And hire who?  I get it, this loss sucks.  We aren't out of it yet.  The offense did some good things.  Josh and Cook handed the ball over way too many times and we still almost won.  The Broncos beat the chiefs not that long ago.  No changes til the end of the year.  And that's only if there needs to be.

Just now, NoName said:

And hire who?  I get it, this loss sucks.  We aren't out of it yet.  The offense did some good things.  Josh and Cook handed the ball over way too many times and we still almost won.  The Broncos beat the chiefs not that long ago.  No changes til the end of the year.  And that's only if there needs to be.

A ham sandwich? Marv Levy? A fan from the stands?  Literally anything is better than the rot that has destroyed the team.

I might get laughed at for this, but I think that this team currently has 7 or 8 wins instead of 5 with Rex Ryan or Chan Gailey as the coach.   I am not singing their praises, I am using them as examples to emphasize just how badly McDermott and his game management has lost the team.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

What a loser 

This was a must win game when you consider our position in the standings and the tough games coming.

And as Troy Aikman said, we "didn't show up."

It's inexcusable.  I would love to know Pegula's barometer reading with McDermott right now.

It will take a few years to retool this team and get a new coach's system in place.

The time for regime change is now.

18 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

I might get laughed at for this, but I think that this team currently has 7 or 8 wins instead of 5 with Rex Ryan or Chan Gailey as the coach.   I am not singing their praises, I am using them as examples to emphasize just how badly McDermott and his game management has lost the team.

we have 1 loss w Jauron Rex Marrone or Gailey

• Disagree 1

McD is the Tyrod Taylor of coaching.  Good enough to get you to the playoffs.  Good enough to keep you from having a terrible record, but not good enough to take you all the way.

We needed him uniquely to drag us out of the drought, and I will always be thankful for that, but he just can't get us past the hump, he's lost the team and left Josh a mental mess.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, The Red King said:

McD is the Tyrod Taylor of coaching.  Good enough to get you to the playoffs.  Good enough to keep you from having a terrible record, but not good enough to take you all the way.

We needed him uniquely to drag us out of the drought, and I will always be thankful for that, but he just can't get us past the hump, he's lost the team and left Josh a mental mess.

nah hes the Joe Flacco of coaching  Had one good run getting a overachieving scrappy 2017 team in to end the drought  Somehow that has made him the new teflon Don

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

we have 1 loss w Jauron Rex Marrone or Gailey

Gailey with Josh, Diggs & Cook would've had a field day.  

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I honestly think McD could make a living as a coach that brings teams out of the dumpster fire and moves on.

That's all he's good at. The " Reabilitator".....

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I’m kind of at the place where I think we need to fire McDermott and possibly Beane as well.

However, they both just got extensions this off-season and the internet says McDermott’s is for 4 years at $8.5m per. Ouch! Might make it harder to fire him.

you are still kind of?  Tonight was final straw  

20 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Beane isn't firing him.  They are a package deal.   Beane goes with him

Does McDermott report to beane? 

I've always thought they both report to pegula and ard on equal ground

6 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I’m kind of at the place where I think we need to fire McDermott and possibly Beane as well.

However, they both just got extensions this off-season and the internet says McDermott’s is for 4 years at $8.5m per. Ouch! Might make it harder to fire him.

Beane can stay in my opinion

Take a look at singletary and moss, both below average to bad players here. They move to other teams and start performing like solid players 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.