Motor doing his thang!!

BillMafia716ix

3 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

Singletary (or Cooks for that matter) could probably do anything Ekeler does out in LA and I feel like he's a decent back.  I can't remember the last time we came out and just ran the ball at teams.  Maybe Chicago last year or the Raiders this year, either way we just don't do it.  I don't believe it's that we can't.  I just think we don't and I feel like it would make life much easier for every part of our passing game.

Why the Ekeler diss?  LA has been much better with Ekeler back in the lineup.  Ekeler is more than a decent back, he is legit good.

When Ekeler went out Johua Kelley took over and did nothing. 

Joshua Kelley seems the same tier as Singletary or Cook.  Kelley is in his 4th year and was a 4th round pick.  The Bills were hoping Cook would be like Ekeler.

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Why the Ekeler diss?  LA has been much better with Ekeler back in the lineup.  Ekeler is more than a decent back, he is legit good.

When Ekeler went out Johua Kelley took over and did nothing. 

Joshua Kelley seems the same tier as Singletary or Cook.  Kelley is in his 4th year and was a 4th round pick.  The Bills were hoping Cook would be like Ekeler.

Not sure what you're talking about ................ said right in the post that you quoted that I thought he's a decent back.

Edited by Maine-iac

5 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Cook is better than Singletary. 

Cook is getting 12 attempts/game - similar to what Singletary got during his tenure in Buffalo. 

Singletary averaged 5+ YPC in his first few seasons. 

Cook is averaging 4.7 this season. 

Cook needs more carries … just like Singletary did. 

But that’s not likely as long as he’s in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

He's way better than that imo

So he's a healthy Nick Chubb good?  He's not.  He's good at catching passes and he's in an offense that uses him almost to perfection.  He's probably not even Kamara good but he's on the right team.  Cook is probably very similar to Ekeler but we don't use him very well.  Motor is probably as good a runner as Ekeler and probably half the receiver.  Again the right back in the right system.  If Ekeler is here he would get 10 carries and average 50 yards a game and get a couple catches here and there just like everyone else.

6 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

So he's a healthy Nick Chubb good?  He's not.  He's good at catching passes and he's in an offense that uses him almost to perfection.  He's probably not even Kamara good but he's on the right team.  Cook is probably very similar to Ekeler but we don't use him very well.  Motor is probably as good a runner as Ekeler and probably half the receiver.  Again the right back in the right system.  If Ekeler is here he would get 10 carries and average 50 yards a game and get a couple catches here and there just like everyone else.

Ok lol I think saying Cook is as good as Ekeler is wild but that's just me

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Ok lol I think saying Cook is as good as Ekeler is wild but that's just me

Again I didn't say he's as good.  They have similar capabilities.  Cook doesn't see nearly enough touches to tell whether he could be as good as Ekeler and he's not a great blocker.  They are both good runners but neither would be confused with a healthy Chubb or Barkley and they both are theoretically good pass catchers.  Ekeler being the on who is actually good at it and Cook the one who seemingly should be good at it but again we don't throw to him so I say theoretically.  

6 hours ago, Lionel Hutz said:

Funny how all these running backs look great after they leave Buffalo. It’s almost if coaching is the problem…

And the scheme

6 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Singletary plays in a Shanahan style offense now, not saying he isn't good, but numbers can get inflated in that system.

I wish we ran that system, but we dont.

hopefully we can get that system next year, tired of the Tom Brady offense

So happy for him. He had a lot of things going against him (undersized, not a a dynamic athlete, ran behind a below average OL, pass-1st offense) and yet was still a very solid RB in Buffalo. Definitely got more hate than he deserved. Hope this is a sign of more success for him.

Edited by gobills404
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BobbyC81 said:

Just a “decent back” doesn’t score 20 TDs.

Nevermind .............. he's clearly the best back in the NFL then.  Clearly he'd have 20 rushing TD's if he was here because he is so good and our backs are not and it has nothing to do with the systems and playcallers.  I was wrong and there was no point in anything I said ........... or if there was you clearly missed it but we'll just go with he's the best back in the NFL.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.