I’m scared to fire McDermott.

McBean

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

What 'players only' meeting?  Has it ever been substantiated that the meeting occurred?  17 odd pages of nattering, and last I looked, it was never determined if said meeting was held. 🤨

Yes, it was widely reported on TV and radio. Josh even interviewed and spoke about it. It happened 100%. What was said during meeting? Nobody knows.

4 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I think Allen is regretting staying here and signing that contract.  I'm sure he wants out.  I sure would

This is the most BBFS statement that I have read on here all week. He wants out of a 5-4 team that struggling a bit this year in no small part due to the fact that he himself cannot stop throwing interceptions?

31 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

We can be a mediocre team that cant quite get over the hump despite the first franchise qb in 20+ years or sack up and go for the brass ring  McDermott is not going to get us a Super Bowl There will always be excuses/injuries  Heck he cant figure out what is wrong right now

That's fair but how much is Beane complying with how/what McDermott wants?  Regardless the roster is weak lacking true difference makers and getting old

McDermott/Beane ? Not in a position to say if Beane is answering to the coach or vice versa. Really in my mind when I look at our roster and then our cap issues I'm inclined to look at the GM.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm not scared to fire McDermott. 

But I don't trust Terry to make the right hire. McDermott is literally the only coaching hire he has nailed in multiple goes with two teams. If they are, as they might be, at the end of the McDermott era I don't at all put it past Terry to screw this one up too. 

That isn't an argument to keep McDermott either. If we miss the playoffs I'd fire him. 

That is correct about the Sabres. However the Bylsma and Housley failures were looked upon as pretty good hires throughout the hockey world when they were made.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That doesn't matter a jot if they were duds.

One of those coaches has a Stanley Cup under his belt as a HC.  

So, how do you feel about Bill Belichick the past few seasons? If those were his only three do you want him to continue to coach your football team?

Edited by Beast

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

One of those coaches has a Stanley Cup under his belt as a HC.  

So, how do you feel about Bill Belichick the past few seasons? If those were his only three do you want him to continue to coach your football team?

If they were his only 3 seasons, no. 

If Sean Payton has another 2 seasons like this one in Denver his Superbowl in New Orleans won't save him.

40 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I think Allen is regretting staying here and signing that contract.  I'm sure he wants out.  I sure would

I mean maybe. But not sure what you are basing that on. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If they were his only 3 seasons, no. 

If Sean Payton has another 2 seasons like this one in Denver his Superbowl in New Orleans won't save him.

rough take imo

Payton is getting everything he can out of Wilson rn and has the Broncos trending way up from last year

• Disagree 2

Why would we be scared to fire Mc Dermot ?

how many Lombardy did he bring ?

( to add a few more observations, i'll say pivot players either lost faith or lost confidence in coaches right after the 13 seconds, I think last year was the last push for players who still believed it, which also heavily failed again in divisional, we kinda feel players have a sort of silent mutinary vs coaches about play calls, Von Miller attitude has completly changed from last year where he was taught he's the missing piece and he found out it's far more worse than that and coaches will find a way to ***** it anyway, so why put the pain and the effort, see Allen and Diggs attitude from last year, etc etc and the games are now even painfull to watch, a 36-42 loss would bring hope or at least fun, it's no more the case)

Edited by Repulsif
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He's basing it on nothing.  I recognize this is a common bit of WNY psychology. "Josh Allen is too good for us and he's going to want to go to LA or Miami like everyone else."  I admit I get that way sometimes and I don't even live there anymore. And in any case, Josh Allen knows that in every game that this team has lost his own brutal mistakes have played a crucial role. And another thing. If Josh wanted McDermott or Dorsey fired, all he would have to do is whisper that to Pegula. He's not stuck, in any sense of the word.

6 hours ago, Nuncha said:

McClap needs to move past lack of rhythm, poor "complimentary" football and lack of execution as excuses for why this team is struggling.  Get to the ROOT of the problem by looking in the mirror.  

He is a defensive minded coach but needs a coordinator on defense and a STRONG one on offense.  Until that happens this team will continue to struggle.

I think the root of the problem is that the roster isn’t as great as everyone thought it was. 

Besides Josh Allen and Diggs, defenses don’t have to game plan or fear anyone else.

we don’t have any other receiving options (Kincaid may get there) besides Diggs.

the zone defense was great for 5 years against average to below average teams. They have drafted high round, non-impactful pass rushers and in turn had to pay 140 million dollars to a 33 year old pass rusher to overcompensate.

hyde and poyer are showing their age

besides Matt Milano, who do offenses really game plan for?!

whenever this zone defense faces elite quarterbacks it gets shredded. This is nothing new and has been exposed over and over and over again. 

Everyone keeps saying we’re stuck in the mud, I think we’re lacking high end talent

Edited by PepeSilvia

6 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

He's basing it on nothing.  I recognize this is a common bit of WNY psychology. "Josh Allen is too good for us and he's going to want to go to LA or Miami like everyone else."  I admit I get that way sometimes and I don't even live there anymore. And in any case, Josh Allen knows that in every game that this team has lost his own brutal mistakes have played a crucial role. And another thing. If Josh wanted McDermott or Dorsey fired, all he would have to do is whisper that to Pegula. He's not stuck, in any sense of the word.

no because 13seconds game exists and thats kind of the whole point

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Not for anything, but this season Josh can also look at himself in the mirror for where we currently stand. He is far from blameless.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, Beast said:

Not for anything, but this season Josh can also look at himself in the mirror for where we currently stand. He is far from blameless.

EXACTLY. Far too often he ignores easy completions to throw into tight coverage.

I mean, there's a time and a place for that, but from your own 10 to miss 3...not 1, not 2, but 3 open short pass receivers to go for a well-covered one is just inexcusable

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

honest question

how much blame for W/L can you reasonably assign a QB who is performing better than basically every other QB in the league

• Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.