Bills sign DT Linval Joseph---Elam to IR

Process

17 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Being honest, for most of Josh's career he takes his drop in TV and throws, and no. worries.

Now,every single drop I fear it's going to be an INT, and I hate it.  Not since the drought have I felt that way.

You fear an interception on every single drop?!  I feel so bad for you. Watching a game must be a miserable experience. 

I still expect greatness when Josh has the ball in his hands, and more often than not, I am not disappointed.  

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

You fear an interception on every single drop?!  I feel so bad for you. Watching a game must be a miserable experience. 

I still expect greatness when Josh has the ball in his hands, and more often than not, I am not disappointed.  

Nah, I don't let a game or anything I can't control, make me miserable. Thanks for your concern.

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Didn't see it mentioned - Sportrac thinks that his 2023 cap hit is only §522k

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/linval-joseph-6555/

I guess he has a lot of incentives and those will count only if fulfills them (?).

Incentives or performance bonuses in the NFL fall into two categories:

Likely to be earned or Unlikely to be earned.

If incentives are likely to be earned, they count against that years cap hit. If they are unlikely to be earned, they count 0 towards that years cap but if earned, are charged against the next years cap number.

I imagine most of his incentives are unlikely to be earned, meaning that roughly $2 mil remaining from the reported numbers, would either never materialize or be paid out next year.

Bottom line for me: We get a very experienced player on the cheap. And if we have to shell out $$$ next year since he met those performance bonuses, it will hopefully be well worth it!

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I am here for you. 

ps I used to be so bad at letting games affect me, but I am better now. Unfortunately, it is now my 20 year old son who gets too stressed out.  

That is exactly the situation with my 13 yr old "super fan" son - I need to try and remain calm to offset his stress/emotions!

Edited by TheWei44
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

Actually - personally - had a bad feeling about the 9-11 jets game and the themes and all that surrounding the game

knew the jets would upset us - of course!!!!

jags game I hated - knew when I saw it it was a loss

i had us winning this before the season started.  Think we are going to have a rough game but I see us winning

i see us beating cowboys

i see us beating cjiefs

loss in Philly but not sure about that one now.  We don’t have an answer for AJ but - could see it being really close

sweep the rest of the afc east

i did NOT see the let down to the pats

i knew there would be one - but damn to the pats!?  I thought we would want to absolutely break them but I guess they are over the drought stuff - we aren’t but I guess the players are 

Feel the same way about the Pats.  I was stunned we let that one slip away - but I don't think the players see that game the same way as the fans.  

We will beat them at home by at least 2 scores.  No doubt on that one.

The positive is that the win they got, combined w/ a few other meaningless ones this season, will take them out of the top QB sweepstakes in the next draft..

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

But the next person who asks "why wasn't Joseph signed earlier" will, right?

😀

That makes no sense,but ok

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I am here for you. 

ps I used to be so bad at letting games affect me, but I am better now. Unfortunately, it is now my 20 year old son who gets too stressed out.  

Lol my 14 year old grandson has started getting stressed 

4 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Didn't see it mentioned - Sportrac thinks that his 2023 cap hit is only §522k

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/linval-joseph-6555/

I guess he has a lot of incentives and those will count only if fulfills them (?).

so much for all the knee jerk reactions saying he used up the entire remaining cap we had

the agent wants the maximum cash value reported even though most of it is incentives

Edited by Warriorspikes51

On 11/2/2023 at 4:51 PM, muppy said:

3. Can a player be added to the IR and NOT be injured?

A team can put a player on IR if their doctor believes he is injured.

A player can get his own doctor to clear him and he can dispute it with NFL.

If NFL says he can play and team does not put on 53 man roster he can demand he be released.

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

so much for all the knee jerk reactions saying he used up the entire remaining cap we had

the agent wants the maximum cash value reported even though most of it is incentives

Agent been quoting the year price but since he was signed midseason Bills are not obligated to pay him if cut and cap hit only counts for games left on Bills schedule.

With his record available and starting most of career I do not expect Bills will cut him.

25 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

You were expressing lot of frustration in the other thread yesterday and being uncharacteristically salty. That's why I was connecting two things. Guess my attempt failed and sailed over your head like an EJ Manuel pass 

Ok that literally made me lol. Thank you!  I had back surgery last Tuesday for a ruptured L1/L2 disc, so I have been in pain and edgy.  Sorry.

• Simon unpinned this topic
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.