The Big Lie we were fed that McDermott is a disciplined, prepared, hard worker

HomeskillitMoorman

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

McDaniel is a hard yes as is Saleh, I'd also take everyone in your maybe category except Carroll and O'Connell and I'd strongly consider Ryans, though he is a rookie. for me that puts McD as my 15th choice, best case.

Saleh's record as Jets HC is 11-23. He is not better than McDermott.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Lets Run down the list then...

Yes - Reid, McVay, Belichick, Shanahan, Pederson; Harbaugh, I'm iffy on McDaniel but I'll put him here

Maybe - Vrabel, Carroll, Tomlin, Saleh, O'Connell, LaFleur, Campbell, Stefanski, Taylor

No - Reich, Eberflus, Gannon, McDaniels, McCarthy, Payton, Ryans, Steichen, Rivera, Bowles, Daboll, Allen, Staley, Smith

L...O..L

O'Connell who has won 90% of his games by less than 3, Tomlin who Steeler fans have wanted gone for a decade? LaFleur who cant win a game without a top 2 QB of all time? Stefanski who cant win with the best OL in the NFL? Taylor who before Burrow was 1-15? Belichek? Who hasnt won since Brady left and named Matt Patricia an OC? 

You are clueless. 

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

You’ve watched a Jets team with Zach Wilson beat the 100% healthy Bills by chipping away all game.

You’ve watched the 1-5 Giants come within 1-yard from winning.

You saw a 1-5 Patriots team drive the length of the field in 1:20 for the GW drive.

You see a 3-3 Bucs team have a Hail Mary land inside the end zone with a chance to walk off on the last play of the game.

And the conclusion is that will never happen again?

That's not what I said.  I said the unlucky plays and situations that happened in the Bucs game won't happen again.

47 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Phillips grabbed Baker’s face mask for no reason and then the ball bounced off Benford for a TD and Phillips for a 2 point conversion. 

These things are clearly McD's fault. Don't ask me how; I just know they are ecause McD is not a good head coach.

Engage sarcasm detector

Just now, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

My only issue with Tomlin is like... why is the offense SO bad for SO long?  5 straight years of bad offense now.  

And it is certainly not an asterisk... but his one SB win was the year brady blew out his knee and they got to avoid manning because of the chargers.  

Still, he usually has winning seasons. I don't think he has had one losing season with the Steelers, but I am not sure of that.

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

So if I'm not blindly defending him but totally disagreeing with your premise that he's undisciplined, not prepared, and not a hard worker, what does that make me? 😂 

I'm just going to throw this out there regarding McDermott. Perhaps it is simply his mind cannot process quickly while under extreme pressure.

These decisions are necessarily fast to happen in the midst of battle.

an d he pulls the trigger and BLEEP it was not a smart decision.

NFL coaches are paid the big  bucks to be able to deal correctly with such situations.

Edited by muppy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The penalties are maddening.  I'm sure McDermott stresses smart football but some kind of technique on punt returns is not working out.  I'm Always waiting for the flag graphic to pop up on TV on our punt returns.  The DB penalties, etc.. so frustrating.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

I don't know how you can't. You're taking McDermott over Reid, Shanahan, Siriani, McVay or Bilichick?

Bill Belichick? 1000% yes I want McD over him and it is not even close. 

The others are top coaches but I might take him over McVay. 

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

I got no idea if he is a hard worker or not …but ..

They had to go down to the wire on a game they absolutely dominated …again..

There is something wrong with this team…

I don’t consider a Hal Mary down to the wire.  An almost comical amount of bad luck in the 4th even gave the Bucs a chance for that desperation throw. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

L...O..L

O'Connell who has won 90% of his games by less than 3, Tomlin who Steeler fans have wanted gone for a decade? LaFleur who cant win a game without a top 2 QB of all time? Stefanski who cant win with the best OL in the NFL? Taylor who before Burrow was 1-15? Belichek? Who hasnt won since Brady left and named Matt Patricia an OC? 

You are clueless. 

I was more looking at this from the perspective of the person who said there were only a handful of coaches that he would take over mcdermott.  So the maybe's don't really represent my opinion?  Just... i could see how you could make an argument for that.  

I agree with a lot of that - i hate the stefanski and arthur smith style since it basically only works if you're in a close game or winning.  At least they both realized that to play that style you also need a defense.  LaFleur is fast falling into these habits too.  

I think Taylor is overrated.  

Belichick the coach isn't bad, he is not a good talent evaluator though.

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

You’ve watched a Jets team with Zach Wilson beat the 100% healthy Bills by chipping away all game.

You’ve watched the 1-5 Giants come within 1-yard from winning.

You saw a 1-5 Patriots team drive the length of the field in 1:20 for the GW drive.

You see a 3-3 Bucs team have a Hail Mary land inside the end zone with a chance to walk off on the last play of the game.

And the conclusion is that will never happen again?

Not to put words in anyone’s mouth but that did not appear to be the posters point at all.  The ‘comeback’ last night was fueled by objectively flukey plays which is what they were referencing.  The ball is not going to bounce only the opponents way at every possible opportunity seemed to be what the gist was, and despite that happening the closest they came was a very very low percentage desperation play which is how a lot of games end that one team is controlling. 

the giants and pats games were absolutely terrible, but last night was clearly a better effort without question. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

There’s no way mcdermott is ahead of anybody who’s won a super bowl.  He’s in the Ron Rivera boat but Rivera probably higher because he’s been to a super bowl.  

McDermott was there too as the DC...

Just now, Bruffalo said:

McDermott was there too as the DC...

Funny how they forget, huh? 

I get wanting better but McDermott's COACHING isn't the problem. Like some have alluded too, he gives his coaching staff too long of leashes. Dorsey's leash should be 3 inches long at this point. It is absolutely excusable to have shotgun on 3rd and 4th and 1 for 2 straight weeks, multiple times and not use your 6'5 240lb qb for a sneak .... He has a very limited capacity in run design creativity, as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.