The Stadium Wall gives me solace

Dan Darragh

Maybe it was all the late night, weekday Hayburners last night, but I am a bit shocked at how negative the board is today. And I am a guy who participates in a lot of negative threads. 

Some things I would like back, particularly the goal line play calls. But a lot of my complaints the last few weeks were improved on last night. 

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Agree, but TB had to have numerous lucky things happen to get to a point where they had a Hail Mary chance to win.  Multiple penalties on Bills-- at least two questionable ones-- balls deflected but landing in arms of TB receivers etc.  It just seemed so Billsy, but as I wrote earlier TB was effectively trying to draw an inside straight.  So I don't think it makes the Bills a problematic team other than they ran into lots of bad luck calls in the last 10 minutes.

My point was,  it went from comfortably handling a team to uncomfortable and pretty disappointing.  Leaving me feeling we haven't worked out our issues.

6 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

We play the Bengals, Eagles, Chiefs, Cowboys and Dolphins, Eddie.

Not yesterday, Larry.

6 minutes ago, White Linen said:

My point was,  it went from comfortably handling a team to uncomfortable and pretty disappointing.  Leaving me feeling we haven't worked out our issues.

We just disagree then.  If not for the ticky tack contact call on Johnson or the meaningless face mask by Phillips, or the bounce off Benford's head into Evan's hands or the deflected 2 point try, it would not have been close.

3 hours ago, Casey D said:

So it happens every 25 years.  Like being hit by a meteor I would guess.

2 hours ago, Casey D said:

Don't know.  I would guess 1 or 2 at most.

1 hour ago, Casey D said:

That just proves the point.  Things that happen every 30 years are not common.  Likely more than 100-1

You're all over the place with this.  

1-2 Hail Marys per year (in your estimation), over 25 seasons (2023-1998 = 25, not 30) = more than 100-1 odds = odds of being struck by a meteor?

I'm inclined to believe that we did not face as many game-ending Hail Marys as you estimate, but that's another discussion

1 minute ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

You're all over the place with this.  

1-2 Hail Marys per year (in your estimation), over 25 seasons (2023-1998 = 25, not 30) = more than 100-1 odds = odds of being struck by a meteor?

I'm inclined to believe that we did not face as many game-ending Hail Marys as you estimate, but that's another discussion

I understood you to ask how many Hail Marys were attempted per year against the Bills, not successful Hail Marys.  Only successful one I can remember in recent years was the Hail Murray.  My bad if I misunderstood you.

So it happens every 25 years.  Like being hit by a meteor I would guess.

I've spent 60 years on this planet and I've never been hit by a meteor. I guess I beat the odds, huh?

Ten minutes later...

Judas Priest Explosion GIF by Metal Blade Records

57 minutes ago, Casey D said:

We just disagree then.  If not for the ticky tack contact call on Johnson or the meaningless face mask by Phillips, or the bounce off Benford's head into Evan's hands or the deflected 2 point try, it would not have been close.

I don't think we disagree all that much, except maybe how we interpret it.  Yes there was some goofy stuff going on but I would have liked for the offense to close the door on the nonsense.  Or the coaches to allow the players to shut the door on them. 

I just think we took the wrong approach to finishing the game.  

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The problem is we aren't entitled, but probably should be. God knows we keep getting screwed over... What did we ever do draw this in? You gotta be kidding. Bad call. Tipped catches. TDs that hit a helmet... 

It’s because the murderer is still on the wall. 

5 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Haha I love how the lead up to the game around here was ‘the bucs defense is actually good we will probably lose the game’ and then there was a meltdown anyway because we made some mistakes despite winning the game fairly comfortably 

if last nights game was fairly comfortable Lord have mercy on me when one gets uncomfortable.

I think we fan base are gripping hard today because games like last night are a rollercoaster. And we all remember seeing crash and burn scenarios. Versus what actually did happen was the Bills won a game that we dominated overall but could have gone the other way..

I love the final scoreboard number. Getting there was stressful just sayin' 

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Here's our's from 1981.

Roland Hooks:

https://youtu.be/6XJNNLuwNMw?si=YahXfnm1tH81E7gV

Pretty clean play in 1981.  Not like today where everyone is getting mugged on both sides of ball!

I remember that game.  I got disgusted and turned it off, then later I turned it back on just in time for the Hooks play.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Fairly comfortably? You really have to be kidding! The Bills could’ve easily been flagged for pass interference in the end zone and the Bucs would’ve gotten the ball at the one yard line.

There was nothing comfortable about the last 11 minutes of that game.  Bail out penalties.  Botched punt spot. Back to back ricochet points.  And a hail Mary with guys dropping like bowling pins.  Never a doubt 🤪

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.