Von Miller

Riverboat Ritchie

The issue with Von Miller is still his ACL. It legitimately takes about two years for someone to return to their old form after this injury. 

if you watch, he gets off the line of scrimmage quickly but can only move fast in a straight line. He often runs past the action because he can’t stop and cut. He’s not a threat out there.

Edited by Hotdog water
Grammar
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

the old rule that it takes a full season to recover from an ACL is again being proven.  He won't be much of a factor until next season (or perhaps after the bye, in the best case) . 

Is what it is.   Beane made the big move and due to injury, it probably won't work out.  

I’ll say this for the umpteenth time. Next season he’s 35+.  How many mid to late 30’s dudes are there making an impact in this league at the DL  He’s washed and we’re stuck with his boat anchor contract.

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4

7 hours ago, WMDman said:

Von Miller

I’ve heard of him,

7 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

I’ll say this for the umpteenth time. Next season he’s 35+.  How man mid to late 30’s dudes are there making an impact in this league.  He’s washed and we’re stuck with his boat anchor contract.

Next year is the last year, PayDay.  It is not ideal if he doesn't come around, but he is still a guy they have to keep an eye and and it is fairly painless to get rid of him after year 3.

3 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

He almost cost us the game by jumping Offside and getting the bucs within throwing distance of the end zone. Stupid play

Watch all of his snaps and you will see he is trying to time them. My hypothesis is that the is trying to make up for the lack of burst.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Watch all of his snaps and you will see he is trying to time them. My hypothesis is that the is trying to make up for the lack of burst.

His burst is fine.

Every DL in this history of the NFL tries to time the snap.  This isn't the first or last time Miller will get an Offside penalty.  He has probably committed 40 of these in his career.

1 hour ago, Hotdog water said:

The issue with Von Miller is still his ACL. It legitimately takes about two years for someone to return to their old form after this injury. 

if you watch, he gets off the line of scrimmage quickly but can only move fast in a straight line. He often runs past the action because he can’t stop and cut. He’s not a threat out there.

It's trusting your knee again and getting full ROM back by breaking down scar tissue.  They'll hear clicks/pops and have some pain and think there is something wrong with it, but it's just breaking down scar tissue...will be scared to try and push it too hard because it doesn't "feel" right and the full ROM isn't back yet. Only way to get it back is by continuing to play on it. Nothing unusual at this point or out of the ordinary.  Nor should we be concerned by it. Part of the process of coming back from these injuries, all players go thru the same thing.  

Should be much improved towards the end of the year as the scar tissue continues to break down more and more and ROM starts coming back and he feels more like his old self.

1 hour ago, PayDaBill$ said:

I’ll say this for the umpteenth time. Next season he’s 35+.  How many mid to late 30’s dudes are there making an impact in this league.  He’s washed and we’re stuck with his boat anchor contract.

Terrible contract for this team.  I am a minority in hating the signing from the start for an old player (which injuries are more likely) to a massive contract that hurts this team.  Unfortunately I was right.  No more massive contracts to old players! Wish we could dump him and Knox contract off this team.  

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Terrible contract for this team.  I am a minority in hating the signing from the start for an old player (which injuries are more likely) to a massive contract that huts this team.  Unfortunately I was right.  No more massive contracts to old players!

It was definitely a signing 90% brought on due to 13 seconds of turtle coaching.  

• Agree 2

It’s interesting that he seems to be rushing a lot against the other teams Right Tackle when you think he’d have less bend in his surgically repaired right knee.  His bend is what makes him a Hall of Famer and it’s not there yet, but you’d think he’d have more bend going outside against Left Tackles with his left knee.  

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When he turns it on, like in the 4th, his burst was fine. 

Andrew Whitworth talked it about it post show.  Get off is fine, the bend he's still working through.  

I'm working on a comparison match-up between last year and this week, with a stopwatch timing the ball of the snap. I think you'll be shocked.

Video comparison I mean.

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

I'm working on a comparison match-up between last year and this week, with a stopwatch timing the ball of the snap. I think you'll be shocked.

Video comparison I mean.

He's still working through everything.  This video isn't going to prove anything until Von starts turning it on all the time and gets his bend yet.  His game is just not about speed.  It hasn't even been a year since his surgery and still on a snap count.

31 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

It’s interesting that he seems to be rushing a lot against the other teams Right Tackle when you think he’d have less bend in his surgically repaired right knee.  His bend is what makes him a Hall of Famer and it’s not there yet, but you’d think he’d have more bend going outside against Left Tackles with his left knee.  

He rushing from both left and right.

Though primarily standing up and from a very wide angle.

von2.jpg

von1.jpg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.