Mike Johnson, New Speaker of the House.

B-Man

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m not sure if you’re being obtuse

The whole point of this conversation was the idiots ban on gay marriage ideology

It’s just funny you speak of acceptance, yet you demonstrate otherwise.

It stuck out like a sore thumb. I felt compelled to call it out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Well, you will have aa looooooooog wait.

Meanwhile ACTUAL Mike Johnson news.

Good time is the Republicans stop ***** around and get to work

1 minute ago, stinky finger said:

It’s just funny you speak of acceptance, yet you demonstrate otherwise.

It stuck out like a sore thumb. I felt compelled to call it out. 

That’s fine make sure that you also call it out legislation getting passed down by this guy that affects other peoples rights

Edited by John from Riverside

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I’ll try to remember that whenever this idiot puts forth legislation to try to ban gay marriage

Relax Johnnyboy, no one is attempting to ban gay marriage. Although at one point it was a hot topic issue it now has been widely accepted by society.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

(I'm going to assume that you meant "accept")

I am glad to hear you say that

Because accepting all is exactly what "Christian Values" is all about.

Too bad you are so ignorant about that.

I thought perhaps @John from Riverside was going for the ironic play there, you know, everybody is welcome "except those with Christian values".   You're probably right but damn what a play!  

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t accept Christians, pushing their beliefs on other people

America is the land of the free let us ***** be free

Dear Lord,

I know to err is human, but why does John say he accepts all, except Christians, then says he accepts Christians, but immediately thereafter says again "I don't accept Christians..."?  He's hard to follow sometimes, and, he used the A word in a family setting.  Please forgive him for that.  

Leh-nerd

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Dear Lord,

I know to err is human, but why does John say he accepts all, except Christians, then says he accepts Christians, but immediately thereafter says again "I don't accept Christians..."?  He's hard to follow sometimes, and, he used the A word in a family setting.  Please forgive him for that.  

Leh-nerd

This is not complicated
Christians are accepted

Bible thumpers they try to push their ***** on. Everybody else is not wanted or needed.

When you tell other people how to live, and then you try to actually pass laws making it mandatory this is where it’s wrong
America is a mix of religions and ideals you live your way and Iet other people be

27 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This is not complicated
Christians are accepted

Bible thumpers they try to push their ***** on. Everybody else is not wanted or needed.

When you tell other people how to live, and then you try to actually pass laws making it mandatory this is where it’s wrong
America is a mix of religions and ideals you live your way and Iet other people be

I didn't think it was complicated either, but you seemed to be sending mixed signals with the words you used.  

By the way, I completely agree with you on those you call bible thumpers, but there are a whole cr*p ton of non-thumper people trying to tell people how to live, and trying to pass laws that make something mandatory that violates deeply held beliefs.  

Meanwhile, here in our little bubble, folks toss around declarations that others are members of "cults" and the like, or tell people to shove their beliefs up their a-word (I will not cross @Irv as he runs a loosely run tight ship).   

How is that different, do you figure, than the bible thumpers?  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t accept Christians, pushing their beliefs on other people

America is the land of the free let us ***** be free

But take away everybody's guns.  

19 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

one word, trump.  and a few more...still has the R's by the balls.

You forget that Trump used to always tout “his” vaccine when campaigning, and would often get booed whenever he did so…

So Trump supporters are not afraid to voice their displeasure if he says something they don’t like…His supporters are also not the biggest supporters of his abortion views, when he has waffled back and forth…👍

3 hours ago, wnyguy said:

Relax Johnnyboy, no one is attempting to ban gay marriage. Although at one point it was a hot topic issue it now has been widely accepted by society.

Just like abortion rights once were

• Eyeroll 1

30 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Abortion rights continue in each and every state, as it should be determined

Actually they don’t.

Once they put it on a referendum in all states, and let the actual cirizens decide…I’ll agree with you

Edited by TH3
  • Eyeroll 1

20 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

People are judged by their actions

He tried to overturn an election we have to see what he will do as a speaker

how can this be funny to some.  Meadow admitted under oath, "Of course we lost the election" or something similar.  Truth makes no difference to these idiots.  what they want to be is what matters.

28 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

how can this be funny to some.  Meadow admitted under oath, "Of course we lost the election" or something similar.  Truth makes no difference to these idiots.  what they want to be is what matters.

https://x.com/defiantls/status/1717628649229422642?s=46&t=WfwBbfFkRiZZWCMxTdpkOw

should she be in office?

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

^^^^^^^^^ quoting Ron Flipping ACT blue Filipkowski again.  cant make it up.

Actually, it was quoting Johnson directly.

You couldn't figure out that it was his mouth that was moving?

You people are even slower than I give you credit for.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Actually, it was quoting Johnson directly.

You couldn't figure out that it was his mouth that was moving?

You people are even slower than I give you credit for.

Im not even clicking on anything tied to an ACT blue account.  

International donors can give to nonprofits, including both 501c (3)s and 501c (4)s, through ActBlue Charities and ActBlue Civics, which are both part of the ActBlue family of organizations. Only U.S. citizens and permanent residents can give to political groups and candidates on ActBlue, per FEC guidelines.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/exclusive-data-shows-that-half-of-2019-donations-to-actblue-came-from-untraceable-unemployed-donors

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2022/08/01/will_congress_close_the_foreign-donor_loophole__147975.html

32 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Im not even clicking on anything tied to an ACT blue account.  

International donors can give to nonprofits, including both 501c (3)s and 501c (4)s, through ActBlue Charities and ActBlue Civics, which are both part of the ActBlue family of organizations. Only U.S. citizens and permanent residents can give to political groups and candidates on ActBlue, per FEC guidelines.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/exclusive-data-shows-that-half-of-2019-donations-to-actblue-came-from-untraceable-unemployed-donors

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2022/08/01/will_congress_close_the_foreign-donor_loophole__147975.html

Ah, the old ostrich head in the sand way of dealing with reality.

Let's cut to the chase.

Which is more important to determine how America should be run, the Constitution or the Bible? 

Johnson says it's the Bible. 

I say the Constitution.

You?

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Johnson says it's the Bible. 

I say the Constitution.

First, no he did not say that in the clip.

Your posting proves the second comment to be a lie.

And in the big picture, it's just another case where some PAC puppet provides a narrative that you guys run with.  

or is it it just him that's now allowed to have faith?  Other politicians also bad for similar?

The Muslim members of congress?

33 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

First, no he did not say that in the clip.

Your posting proves the second comment to be a lie.

And in the big picture, it's just another case where some PAC puppet provides a narrative that you guys run with.  

or is it it just him that's now allowed to have faith?  Other politicians also bad for similar?

The Muslim members of congress?

“Go pick up a Bible off of your shelf that is my world view.” - Mike Johnson

If a Muslim was elected as the Speaker of the House and substituted the word Koran for Bible, would you be fine with that? 

It's a clear Yes/No question.

10 minutes ago, Kemp said:

“Go pick up a Bible off of your shelf that is my world view.” - Mike Johnson

If a Muslim was elected as the Speaker of the House and substituted the word Koran for Bible, would you be fine with that? 

It's a clear Yes/No question.

I would, would you?

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

I would, would you?

they love that China model where the party members can only be Bundist/Atheist.

I respect the hell out of the bill of rights that stops the government from attacking one based on religion.

and the rest of them to boot.

1 hour ago, wnyguy said:

I would, would you?

You couldn't glean my answer from my question?

So, either you're against Johnson's statement or you wish to live under a theocracy.

The guy I posted to wants a theocracy.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1