This team has zero identity.

Roundybout

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Shouldnt have to “figure anything out” - just do what worked in 2020!

In 2020, what was key was having more of a zone blocking scheme, being RPO heavy, and having Beasley in his prime. People forget how huge Beasley was to this offense. 

we could certainly try to replicate a lot of that, but the personnel now is different. That said, we actually have the ability to do a lot of other things better, like run the football and playaction.  

5 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

The whole trying to get more balance by getting a running game going has worked but it also inexplicably monkey-wrenched the passing game. 

Great point.

7 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

The whole trying to get more balance by getting a running game going has worked but it also inexplicably monkey-wrenched the passing game. 

Opposing coaches know Cook isn’t going to win the Bills games so they give that sh*t up no problem. It’s bait that our dumb coaches take, keeping productive snaps out of the hands of the guy who can single handedly win games and that coaches fear.

The run game is a mirage. Our coaches think it’s some saving Grace when it’s actually our Achilles heel.

Just now, BlazinBill said:

Who would of thought the key to stopping Josh Allen was to just have him coached by Ken Dorsey - oh that's right me and anyone after week 10 last year- dude has no clue how to game plan - way to go ass clown 

The key to stopping him is giving his snaps to RBs. Dudes team production is down like 8% this year. Guess where that production went?

7 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

Opposing coaches know Cook isn’t going to win the Bills games so they give that sh*t up no problem. It’s bait that our dumb coaches take, keeping productive snaps out of the hands of the guy who can single handedly win games and that coaches fear.

The run game is a mirage. Our coaches think it’s some saving Grace when it’s actually our Achilles heel.

The key to stopping him is giving his snaps to RBs. Dudes team production is down like 8% this year. Guess where that production went?

I give up- 

24 minutes ago, DrBob806 said:

Bills' identity is hoping Allen to Diggs results in TDs. That's about it. I said that after the opener.

I think Allen wants Diggs happy. So he looks there first 85% of the time. 

Ten games to go. Spread the damn ball around.

I guess but doesn’t matter. Just get the ball out 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

It fits this discussion. 

Last year, we all complained that dorsey would call long passing plays when the game situation didn’t call for it. He was a lunatic! Now we complain about how Dorsey is stifling Josh. That’s not Dorsey. That’s McDermott, who got all the ammunition he needed after that week 1 game. It was also McD’s conflict with Daboll. McD wants to win with ball control O and D.

4 minutes ago, NUT said:

McDermott finally got what he wanted. A boring offense. Too bad it is a losing offense.

I can’t believe that I’m agreeing with you, but this is all McDermott. Dorsey, if he had his way, would call 15 deep shots a game. 

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

Last year, we all complained that dorsey would call long passing plays when the game situation didn’t call for it. He was a lunatic! Now we complain about how Dorsey is stifling Josh. That’s not Dorsey. That’s McDermott, who got all the ammunition he needed after that week 1 game. It was also McD’s conflict with Daboll. McD wants to win with ball control O and D.

I can’t believe that I’m agreeing with you, but this is all McDermott. Dorsey, if he had his way, would call 15 deep shots a game. 

I do wonder how much of that is down to McDermott trying to protect the defense

because of the lack of manpower. The Dolphins game seemed to be the peak but White went down. Then Milano and Jones were lost in London followed by Oliver this week. So the idea is the offense build up the TOP to protect the defense. But the problem is that approach neuters the offense. Let the offense play naturally and trust them to win a shootout if need be. 

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

The 2020-2022 Bills had an identity. 

We would step right up to you, throw it down your throat, and dare you to match us. Josh Allen would drop back and throw 12 times in a row. 

We did trick plays (remember the Statue of Liberty against the Broncos in 2020?), we did misdirection, we did bombs. Didn’t matter, we dared other teams to stop it.

Who are we now? What are we good at? Once we have a positive play, that pathetic pencil-neck loser we call an OC pretends it’s 1978 and calls a shotgun draw to Latavius Murray to negate it.

We have taken our best weapon and neutered him. We refuse to let him run, we refuse to let him be chaotic, we refuse to let him make plays. We have put Allen in a cage. 

We don’t have an identity anymore. We have a milquetoast attitude of “well maybe we can match you, I guess.” 

We have no swagger, no guts. Everything is walking on eggshells. One thing goes wrong, the whole drive falls apart. 

Our coaching has failed us. Dorsey should be fired immediately. He does not deserve to wear our colors.

McD’s seat is flaming hot. He turned the ship around in 2021. He better do it again. The core of this roster has maybe one more season in it before we need to rebuild it. 

Go find our identity again. Go back to making teams fear our air attack. 

Like I've been saying since last year... This team is mentally weak.

To me, that's their identity now. They can't handle adversity. Like any adversity at all.

And the defense has been gutted with injuries to add on to the offenses woes. They are in a doom loop right now. Self fulfilling prophecy. They are beat before they step out there.

1 hour ago, harmonkillebrew said:

Dorsey sucks.

But the WRs suck too. Josh needs a reliable outlet on every play, to account for blitzes. It used to be Beasely, every friggin play. Now, I'm not sure. Hopefully Kincaid can get there. You need to make teams pay for blitzing. Then, you need some real downfield and YAC threats. The talent at pass catcher is really bad. 

Dorsey is worse than Hacket if that's even possible. After Diggs, our wrs suck and can't get separation.  Josh is being told to go 2 opposite directions at the same time. McD is a joke and allowed this OL to suck for 5+ years so he could load up his defensive toys. Half of which got injured. There will be a reckoning after this season.

I don't mind Murray but I'd prefer they stick with Cook. The volume he gets is fine, no need to "add another dimension" with bigger backs in the natural course of action unless a specific situation calls for it.

In fact, they've removed a dimension by nerfing Josh to an extent. That's the lack of identity.

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

They're trying to fix what was never broken. I hope they're freekin happy with "balance" and running because they SUCK on offense now in exchange for balance. Handcuff josh until there is 7 mins left in the game and we only have 10 pts. Bills coaching outsmarting themselves. Screw the process. 

It’s crazy how good this offense is when they HAVE TO SCORE in panic time - they move up the ball at will. They did it vs the Jags, vs the Giants and today. Even at the end Allen should’ve completely that 40yd bomb to Diggs. 

There is definitely a disconnect early on with this offense. But when the pressure is on we perform. And it’s normally up tempo. Why is that?

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

It’s crazy how good this offense is when they HAVE TO SCORE in panic time - they move up the ball at will. They did it vs the Jags, vs the Giants and today. Even at the end Allen should’ve completely that 40yd bomb to Diggs. 

There is definitely a disconnect early on with this offense. But when the pressure is on we perform. And it’s normally up tempo. Why is that?

It's coaching. They're overthinking. They're taking away the backyard style Josh excels at. Mahomes does it and they all gush over him. Allen does it and our own fricken coaches tell him to stop. Screw this staff. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

Being devil’s advocate, I think they’re trying to learn how to play a more sustainable style on offense and it’s proving difficult. 

I am for this philosophical change on offense, in theory, but the play selection and execution doesn’t seem to jive so far. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.