Bills @ Patriots Post game thread

BuffaloBill

It will be interesting to see our film guru’s with the ideas on how to extract more playmaking from the offense. 

I think we need more than Joe Marino and Erik Turner telling me that we just need to execute better.

Is it the way our WRs run routes, is it the scheme, is the offensive line, is it Allen regressing?

If it’s multiple things, then this game requires that we put the causes in order so we can address. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

So you believe that had the Bills drafted Mahomes it would have turned out any differently then how it did with Allen?  I don't and I'm curious as to why you think it would have.  I am convinced that had Buffalo drafted Mahomes in 2017 then KC picked Allen in 2018 the Chiefs would still have those 2 SB wins but with Allen at QB and the Bills with Mahomes would have looked a lot like they have under Allen.

I 100% agree. It’s just not fair.

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

So you believe that had the Bills drafted Mahomes it would have turned out any differently then how it did with Allen?  I don't and I'm curious as to why you think it would have.  I am convinced that had Buffalo drafted Mahomes in 2017 then KC picked Allen in 2018 the Chiefs would still have those 2 SB wins but with Allen at QB and the Bills with Mahomes would have looked a lot like they have under Allen.

agreed 100%.  Coaching and culture.  Mahomes would have been somewhere between Trent Edwards and what he is currently in KC.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Even when our defense is statistically good…we never get a quick stop in a big spot. Never. If you just took a lead or you need a quick 3 and out so we can close it out, or the other team needs to not flip the field…we never ever make that stop. Even the Giants win, they went the entire field on us. We are a pretty good defense on paper and there are games that the dense plays well. But in the entire McDermott era, unless we are turning a team over we NEVER make stops in big spots. It’s absolutely ridiculous and costs us games.

This is has been especially true the last 3 seasons. It not only robs the offense of possessions it leaves them on the sideline getting antsy and often flips the field against Buffalo putting the Bills inside there own 20. We saw that happen today on a couple of drives.

Fun facts;   This is the most points that the Pats have scored in over a year.  

Tampa has won both of their road games this season by an average score of 26-13.  

This week's game is on a short week.  Curious how play given that.  

No matter how bad the offense was all day, we scored 25. There’s no way after we got the lead late that we should have lost this game. Just get a ***** stop. We got so lucky to get the lead late and STILL lost. In regulation somehow. ***** man, it’s not against the rules to just make a stop. 3 and out. God forbid we don’t lay off and let them just match into our own red zone with zero resistance for once. Bend but don’t break….how about just stand up. Don’t bend either. You have all these pass rushers and all these high draft picks wasted on the Dline. Make a ***** stop.

• Like (+1) 2

Allen missed two TD’s today and seemed to consistently miss the quick check down when it was apparent the offense was struggling and desperately needed to just move the chains. 

He’s been pretty meh recently but with a couple god-tier winning plays per game.  

Today he was meh, without those plays. 

• Agree 1

Just think, we could be division leaders tonight after 3 poor performances. Oh well! We wanted to let Mac have his moment in the sun instead….

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Allen missed two TD’s today and seemed to consistently miss the quick check down when it was apparent the offense was struggling and desperately needed to just move the chains. 

He’s been pretty meh recently but with a couple god-tier winning plays per game.  

Yes. Diggs had coverage beat…again…for a TD. Just like 2 deep balls against the Jaguars

Edited by Warriorspikes51

Just now, SCBills said:

17 for 17 on throws under 2.5 seconds.

10 for 24 and 1 INT when throws came over 2.5 seconds. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The Bills scored TD's on 3 possessions in the 2nd half only missing scoring a 4th TD on their fourth possession because of a dropped 4th down pass.  So Allen wasn't exactly "meh" in the 2nd half.

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Thought he threw that 4th down Knox drop a couple of beats too late at least. Knox should have still caught it but we were screaming at the TV before Allen saw him. He certainly could have made it easier.

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The Bills scored TD's on 3 possessions in the 2nd half only missing scoring a 4th TD on their fourth possession because of a dropped 4th down pass.  So Allen wasn't exactly "meh" in the 2nd half.

Oh boy!  Almost an entire half!!!

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

All Murray had to do was turn and look for the ball before contact and it would have been fine. Details matter.

No playmaking man.

Everything is excruciatingly hard. 

And I love the media now crying.

This is exactly how they wanted Allen and the offense to play.

They're running the ball, Allen is checking down, Allen is not running designed or improvisation, I guess they can throw their hands up for 1 INT, but there are no chunk plays.

It now requires 10-15 play drives to

score. 

Where are the answers on the roster or what plays are need to be called?

More motion would solve all of this? 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I do. I think if Mahomes ended up here Bills would have won at least 1 superbowl. I also believe if Allen went to KC they would also win 1 but not be as dominant as they have been the last 5 years.

Reid > McD.

Mahomes > Allen.

Take your Bills glasses off and you can see that Mahomes is a better player. He’s not as physically gifted as Allen but his intangibles are greater than Allen’s. He has that drive to be the best that I don’t see Allen possess. A player like Mahomes will succeed no matter where he ended up. It’s just bad for the league that he ended up with the most innovative offensive mind that unlocked all his potential. 

• Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

No playmaking man.

They're running the ball, Allen is checking down, Allen is not running designed or improvisation, I guess they can throw their hands up for 1 INT, but there are no chunk plays.

score. 

The offense wasn’t inept the first half. Just mistakes at key moments.

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

No playmaking man.

score. 

10 play drives are good. They tire the defense and rest ours. It was good earlier in the season when are defense was healthy, they dominated.

The biggest problem with the team is mistakes.  Jets game, 3 terrible interceptions and punt return TD,  Jax game, probably a mistake in logistics cost them there, and today, poor interception, drop on 4th down, missed FG, costly penalties and so many missed tackles, especially on the final drive. Yeah, maybe the coaching needs to be better, but eliminate the stupid mistakes and we are 6-1, maybe 7-0.

• Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Oh boy!  Almost an entire half!!!

What, you want great play both half's all the time?  Do you watch NFL football?  Allen was meh in the first half and exceptional in the 2nd half.  The Bills got a 3 point lead with 2 minutes left in the game and the D let the Pats go 75 yards for the winning TD. And that was that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.