TV Broadcast Maps and Schedule - NFL Week 7 2023 (October 22)

chongli

[Note 1: Doubleheader this week is CBS.]

[Note 2: There *is* a MNF ManningCast this week.]

[Note 3: Remember: the TNF game is free and legal to all on Twitch--no Amazon Prime account needed.]

[Note 4: Remember: all MNF games this season are also simlucasted on ABC unless there is a separate game on ESPN, as in Week 14.]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=7

https://archive.506sports.com/wiki/2023_NFL_Season

NFL Week 7, 2023 - October 22, 2023

NATIONAL BROADCASTS:

TNF - Amazon Prime Video/Twitch

Thursday, October 19 - 8:15 PM ET:

Jacksonville at New Orleans 

Al Michaels, Kirk Herbstreit, Kaylee Hartung

[simulcasts: Jacksonville - WFOX (FOX 30), New Orleans - WDSU (NBC 6)]

SNF - NBC

Sunday, October 22 - 8:20 PM ET:

Miami at Philadelphia

Mike Tirico, Chris Collinsworth, Melissa Stark

MNF - ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 (ManningCast)

Monday, October 23 - 8:15 PM ET:

San Francisco at Minnesota

Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Lisa Salters

[ManningCast: Peyton Maning, Eli Manning]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CBS Early

Sunday, October 22 - 1 PM ET:

07-CBS-E-V2.png

█ Red (including Alaska and Hawaii):

Buffalo at New England

(2) Ian Eagle, Charles Davis, Evan Washburn

█ Blue:

Washington at New York Giants

(4) Andrew Catalon, Tiki Barber, Matt Ryan, AJ Ross

█ Green:

Cleveland at Indianapolis

(5) Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta, Amanda Renner

CBS Late

Sunday, October 22 - 4:25 PM ET:

07-CBS-L.png

█ Red (including Alaska and Hawaii):

Los Angeles Chargers at Kansas City

(1) Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, Tracy Wolfson

█ Blue:

Green Bay at Denver

(3) Kevin Harlan, Trent Green, Melanie Collins

FOX Single

October 22, 2023 - 1:00 PM and 4:05 PM ET:

07-FOX-V2.png

█ Red:

Detroit at Baltimore

(1) Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen, Tom Rinaldi, Erin Andrews

█ Green:

Las Vegas at Chicago

Kevin Kugler, Mark Sanchez, Laura Okmin

Yellow (Yellow):

Atlanta at Tampa Bay

Chris Myers, Mark Schlereth, Kristina Pink

█ Blue (including Hawaii):

Pittsburgh at Los Angeles Rams (LATE)

Adam Amin, Daryl Johnston, Pam Oliver

[Amin replaces Joe Davis, who is doing MLB]

█ Orange (including Alaska):

Arizona at Seattle (LATE)

Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma, Shannon Spake

UK:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/nfl-on-sky

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/tv-listings/

TNF

Friday, October 20 - 1:20 AM BST:

Sky Sports NFL and Sky Sports Main Event

Sunday Early Game

Sunday, October 22 - 6 PM BST:

Detroit at Baltimore

Sky Sports NFL

Sunday Late Game

Sunday, October 22 - 9:25 PM BST:

Sky Sports NFL; Sky Sports Main Event joined in progress at 10 PM

SNF

Monday, October 23 - 1:20 AM BST:

Miami at Philadelphia

Sky Sports NFL and Sky Sports Main Event

MNF

Tuesday, October 24 - 1:15 AM BST:

Sky Sports NFL, Sky Sports Main Event, and Channel 5

Australia and New Zealand:

Australia:

https://www.ussportsdownunder.com.au/blogs/tv-guides/australian-nfl-tv-guide

TNF

Friday, October 20 - 11:15 AM AEDT:

ESPN

Sunday Early Game

Monday, October 23 - 4:00 AM AEDT:

Buffalo at New England

7mate

Detroit at Baltimore

ESPN

ESPN2

Sunday Late Game

Monday, October 23 - 7:25 AM AEDT:

Green Bay at Denver

7mate

ESPN

SNF

Monday, October 23 - 11:20 AM AEDT:

Miami at Philadelphia

ESPN

MNF

Tuesday, October 24 - 11:15 AM AEDT:

ESPN

New Zealand:

TNF

Friday, October 20 - 1:15 PM NZDT:

ESPN

Sunday Early Game

Monday, October 23 - 6:00 AM NZDT:

Buffalo at New England

Free stream on NZTV+

Atlanta at Tampa Bay

Free stream on NZTV+

Detroit at Baltimore

ESPN

ESPN2

Sunday Late Game

Monday, October 23 - 9:25 AM NZDT:

Green Bay at Denver

Free stream on NZTV+

ESPN

SNF

Monday, October 23 - 1:20 PM NZDT:

Miami at Philadelphia

ESPN

MNF

Tuesday, October 24 - 1:15 PM NZDT:

ESPN

Byes:

Carolina, Cincinnati, Dallas, Houston, New York Jets, Tennessee

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 7

2 hours ago, GustheDog33 said:

Love and appreciate these threads each week. Thank you for posting!

No problem! The encouragement helps a lot. 😆

12 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Even at 1pm, we practically got the whole country 

Well, some people are not happy:

While Albany Bills fans are angry for a different reason:

UPDATE:

FOX-Single: 

Salt Lake City UT: LV-CHI to DET-BAL (Thu)

Map has been changed.

On 10/19/2023 at 4:47 AM, SoCal Deek said:

I find it hard to believe that people would rather see the Rams host the Steelers over the Lions v Ravens game. The NFL has yet to get their head around the fact that Detroit looks to be for real. 

Many of the FOX affiliates are choosing to show the late game (Steelers-Rams) since they don't want to go against their home team on the CBS early game, such as in the case of the WNY area.

Edited by chongli

4 hours ago, blitzboy54 said:

Giants/Commanders should be on Fox. They moved the game to CBS and completely Eff over the Albany area. Nobody wants to see that trash game. 

True, but CBS wants their share of the large Giants (and Washington, to an extent) market. The NFL likes it because if makes the CBS package more valuable and they get more money for the contract rights.

I see the Australian coverage of NFL games is double the UK…👍

7mate is a free to air channel and has 2 games on Sunday ( our Monday)  … and there is also 4 games on Australian  ESPN ( plus the Thurs night and Monday night games ) which is part of the basic sports pay TV packages over here …

The timing of the NFL season is great as it is mostly played in the offseason of the major football codes - Australian Rules and Rugby League ….

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I see the Australian coverage of NFL games is double the UK…👍

7mate is a free to air channel and has 2 games on Sunday ( our Monday)  … and there is also 4 games on Australian  ESPN ( plus the Thurs night and Monday night games ) which is part of the basic sports pay TV packages over here …

The timing of the NFL season is great as it is mostly played in the offseason of the major football codes - Australian Rules and Rugby League ….

And the Buffalo game is airing on free TV there! Looks like Australia has good taste.

One thing I recently learned that surprised me is you guys change the clocks forward in the fall (a few weeks ago), which you call "spring", whereas we change the clocks back. I guess that makes sense given the seasons are opposite down under.

The other thing I noticed is nearby New Zealand is showing two free early Sunday (your Monday) games, although they are both streaming only. Good for the Kiwis to offer a choice!

The NFL is becoming big down under, and they even started a twitter page this season dedicated to Australia and New Zealand. Expect to see international games there this coming decade.

38 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

C'mob Albany market, this ain't NJ or NYC get them Giants outta here. Even the Govnar is a Bills fan. 

I agree...Albany is really upstate NY, and they shouldn't be fans of New Jersey. The area is more Buffalo-like. I would be embarrassed to be associated with NYC.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, chongli said:

And the Buffalo game is airing on free TV there! Looks like Australia has good taste.

One thing I recently learned that surprised me is you guys change the clocks forward in the fall (a few weeks ago), which you call "spring", whereas we change the clocks back. I guess that makes sense given the seasons are opposite down under.

The other thing I noticed is nearby New Zealand is showing two free early Sunday (your Monday) games, although they are both streaming only. Good for the Kiwis to offer a choice!

The NFL is becoming big down under, and they even started a twitter page this season dedicated to Australia and New Zealand. Expect to see international games there this coming decade.

I agree...Albany is really upstate NY, and they shouldn't be fans of New Jersey. The area is more Buffalo-like. I would be embarrassed to be associated with NYC.

Yes .. the seasons are opposite so our Spring is your Fall… the change in time means that the 1pm US games are shown at 3am at the start of the season in Aust , but this gets pushed out to 5am come November…which is a good thing obviously ..

The NFL has become much bigger the past 10 years …definitely the increased TV coverage is the reason ….. the evening games US are lunchtime games in Aust … and a lot of bars are showing the NFL games at that time as there is usually no other sport to compete with it on a weekday…

• Like (+1) 1

UPDATE 2:

FOX-Single:

San Diego CA: PIT-LAR to LV-CHI (Thu)

They moved to an early FOX game since they don't want to go against the Chargers, who play late. Plus they get to air a division rival.

[Map has been changed.]

On 10/19/2023 at 12:32 PM, Aussie Joe said:

Yes .. the seasons are opposite so our Spring is your Fall… the change in time means that the 1pm US games are shown at 3am at the start of the season in Aust , but this gets pushed out to 5am come November…which is a good thing obviously ..

The NFL has become much bigger the past 10 years …definitely the increased TV coverage is the reason ….. the evening games US are lunchtime games in Aust … and a lot of bars are showing the NFL games at that time as there is usually no other sport to compete with it on a weekday…

Damn...thanks for this good explanation! [And I did not know you changed the clocks an entire two hours down there.]

Edited by chongli

47 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

We only change it one hour ( Oct)  … but you change yours an hour as well (Nov) so that’s the two hours …

Oh duh... I didn't even think of that. But I guess the change works out better for you guys in later-airing games (but still...5 AM).

• Like (+1) 1

Couple of weeks back I tried to watch Thursday Night Football (Broncos at Chiefs) using Twitch.

Didn't work for me when I tried - "not supported in your region" or words to that effect - using a PC and web browser.

I was in London but might be in the Netherlands (depending on work) next week when the Bills are on TNF.

Just a small warning for any international fans trying to use Twitch for the first time to see Buffalo next week.

I could try a VPN but I have never tried before, maybe some regions outside of the USA are supported?!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, quincy said:

Couple of weeks back I tried to watch Thursday Night Football (Broncos at Chiefs) using Twitch.

Didn't work for me when I tried - "not supported in your region" or words to that effect - using a PC and web browser.

I was in London but might be in the Netherlands (depending on work) next week when the Bills are on TNF.

Just a small warning for any international fans trying to use Twitch for the first time to see Buffalo next week.

I could try a VPN but I have never tried before, maybe some regions outside of the USA are supported?!

That sucks. Ugh. Maybe someone else has the rights for TNF over there, not Amazon (which owns Twitch). Thank you for the announcement though. I will update this in future posts.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2023 at 11:08 AM, Aussie Joe said:

We only change it one hour ( Oct)  … but you change yours an hour as well (Nov) so that’s the two hours …

This question does not apply to you specifically, but anyone from Down Under. But since we were discussing DST in this thread:

NFL Australia/NZ posted this tweet earlier today:

I was under the impression Australia already changed the clocks (forward...so less sleep) the first Sunday in October, and NZ the last Sunday in September. So this tweet makes no sense, right? 

59 minutes ago, chongli said:

This question does not apply to you specifically, but anyone from Down Under. But since we were discussing DST in this thread:

NFL Australia/NZ posted this tweet earlier today:

I was under the impression Australia already changed the clocks (forward...so less sleep) the first Sunday in October, and NZ the last Sunday in September. So this tweet makes no sense, right? 

You guys are changing your clock … so this means the games start an hour later …  for the rest of the world 

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.