The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. Sunday Oct 15. NY Giants version.

Chaos

THE GOOD

BIlls got the W. Other than that, nothing about the coaching, playing or officiating had anything worthy of being called good. 

Apologies, I forgot we learned that Miniature Horses were allowed in the stadium this week.   That was also good. 

THE BAD

1. Preparation.  Sean McDermott has been the head coach for 6 years now.  We still see too many games, where the Bills simply look unprepared.   I am sure I am hyper sensitive to the Bills in this regard.  But even when the Chiefs or Niners, or top historical teams lost, I don't recall many situation where I thought "these guys were not ready".   NOTE THIS IS A VERBATIM REPEAT OF THE BAD FROM THE LONDON GAME. The lack of preparation from the travel planning to two piss poor weeks of execution of made the entire Bills organization look amateurish. (Amateur product is today's overall theme)

THE UGLY

1. Offensive Game Plan  Roller Coaster.  Barely worth elaborating on.  Dorsey's game plan was amatuer hour last night.  So was the play calling
  2. Offensive execution.  Bills online looked like it had five backups playing against the 85 bears at time. 
  3. Head Coaching - Time management and play calling in the final two minutes prevented closing out a game once again. Fans at most high schools would be mad at their coaches for a similar display. Amateur  Only Giant's inepeitude prevented the Bills from losing at the end
  4. Defensive execution.  Against a back up QB, and five backup onlinemen, their should have been 10 sacks and a couple of turnovers.  Instead Taylor typically had enough time in the pocket to compose this post. 
  5. Defensive  coaching in clutch situations.  Defense can't be relied on to close out a game.  If the Bills do not have the ball a lead, or on defense with a nine point lead with two minutes remaining in game, there is no reason to expect the defense to close out the game.  Thirteen seconds maybe the grand daddy of all of these failures, but McDermott's defense, like Fraiziers, can't be relied on to close out a game. Just a reminder the Giants had their second string QB in the game, and entire offensive line of backups. 
  6. Special teams.  Bass gets an F.  (he has been a great player, but subjecting fans to two "wide rights" against the Giants is actually an F-. 
  7. Officiating - a)tangled feet my ass b) letting the Giants defense catch their breath for 5 minutes, while they sorted out an obvious offsetting penalty situation was almost as amateur hour as Bills offensive play calling. 
  8. Commentary - not the worst Collinsworth ever was.  But still Colliinsworth. By the end he seemed to genuinely feel sorry for Bills fans being subject to this nonsense.  There was also this bizzare commentating threa throughout the game that Daboll knew the Bills inside and out, without even once suggesting McDermott should have a clue about Taylor (whom he coached) or Daboll whom he supervised.   

State consumer product officials should probably require the NFL, Buffalo Bills, and NY Giants to recall last nights game, due to the fact that it was completely defective. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Chaos said:

THE BAD

1. Preparation.  Sean McDermott has been the head coach for 6 years now.  We still see too many games, where the Bills simply look unprepared.   I am sure I am hyper sensitive to the Bills in this regard.  But even when the Chiefs or Niners, or top historical teams lost, I don't recall many situation where I thought "these guys were not ready". 

This in factually wrong. Go to other teams boards and fan bases after a loss who we consider equal to like KC/SF and the sentiment is real. Truth is when your a fan of a team and watch weekly you know your team better then most and know what their peak play is and what their crap is. I think when your team is good year in year out you remember the high standard and anything less is failure. To me that isn't a bad attitude necessarily as much as just years of play being at a certain point. Conversely I felt during the drought days I was so use to the team being bad, when they were good I was almost surprised and waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I do not at all disagree that they were not prepared, but I think your other good teams the fans feel the same way. I have a post up on offenses being down across the league, I am sure KC fans are not thrilled with how their offense looks. Their saving grace is the SB's they've won and amount of success during that. I have a few Raven peeps I know who they are beyond annoyed with their team because it feels like they only play 3-4 games a year their at their best.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 2

Well, your personal observation is wrong. Not that I liked the last two outings ha ha. But the Bills have rarely been blown out under McD, while it happens to even top teams usually one time per year. 

The TD pass to Deonte Harty was all Dorsey... for the otherwise really piss poor game plan. He stuck to the running game too. 

Yes, Bas having two wide rights against the Giants IS bad ha ha. But over 50 yard is no gimme. I did find very weird the way he put himself in position on that second missed kick. Is he injured?

So what's reasonable to think about the offensive struggles?  The Bills looked so good against the Raiders, Commanders, and Dolphins.  The Commanders and Dolphins both have good defenses and yet the Bills offense strafed them.  

The Bills go to London.  They have only a couple of days to jerry-rig an offensive game plan, then head to the UK way too late and are up against a rested team that's had a full week to analyze the Bills' offense and figure out how to interfere with it.  So the Bills offense is crap.  

The Bills travel back, and lose a day they would ordinarily have to prepare for the Giants.  Their HC didn't have a week to prepare to play the Bills -- he's had a year and a half of thinking about it.  Look at all the comments Daboll has made about the Bills -- complimentary to everyone except McDermott.  There's something bad going on between them.  Daboll really really wanted to win last night.  He's been obsessed for a 18 months.  Stuck in traffic, ponder how to confuse Josh.  Sitting on the can, think about defensive line adjustments against the plays he crafted and then passed on to Dorsey.  Mowing the lawn, figure out how to disguise DB alignments.  

Other teams take notice.  Their DCs analyze what the Commanders and Dolphins did and why that didn't work, and they analyze what the Jags and Giants did and why that DID work.  So strap it on, Dorsey.  You need the full 50 gallon size bag of tricks -- the little grocery sack you've using won't cut it.

• Like (+1) 3

Giants were holding all night on offense and defense…that seemed like their game plan as I’m sure Daboll watched the chiefs shut the bills down like that time after time when he was OC loL. its one of life’s greatest ironies that this much hoopla is being made about one missed hold late in the game. 

goal line/short yardage defense was outstanding.  Second half josh was outstanding. Guys we haven’t had much faith in continue to play well on the defensive side. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Bass was #1 for me

He's automatic and should've added 6 to our score

Also how can you blame a defense that gave up 9 points , regardless of circumstances 

So your saying, if the point total is low, its unreasonable to expect a "good" defense to stop a team with five backup lineman and a back up QB to stop a game winning drive? 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Chaos said:

So your saying, if the point total is low, its unreasonable to expect a "good" defense to stop a team with five backup lineman and a back up QB to stop a game winning drive? 

People aren’t really understanding the link between offense and defense it feels like…our defense can’t get anyone off the field which leads to worse field position, being behind on TOP, and the opposing defense stays fresher.

the giants defense has been hung out to dry by their offense all year long so nobody really knows what they are capable of.  They actually possessed the ball on offense decently for once which allowed that defense to fly all over the field for all four quarters. Usually they play well then gas out just before halftime because their offense has like 30 yards with 1 or 2 first downs lol then they put some long meaningless drive together in garbage time to even out the numbers a bit 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.