Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

3 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Crazy that Israel is trading actual criminals and terrorist for children that HAMAS stole during the terrorist attack that broke the cease fire.

Actually, they can't do much to them in prison,

back in Gaza those terrorists are just another target.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Palestinians and their descendants have no legal right to return to the lands their families held before being displaced in 1948 or 1967.

They were granted that land in 1948. If there is an issue with that, take it up with the UN.

It took exactly one day for a coalition of Arab states to attack them, and lose.

They weren't 'displaced" in 1967, anymore than the British were "displaced" in the late 1700's.

They lost a war.

They lost land that Israel determined was worth holding so it could serve as a buffer for attacks that were inevitable, and have happened, always.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, sherpa said:

They were granted that land in 1948. If there is an issue with that, take it up with the UN.

It took exactly one day for a coalition of Arab states to attack them, and lose.

They weren't 'displaced" in 1967, anymore than the British were "displaced" in the late 1700's.

They lost a war.

They lost land that Israel determined was worth holding so it could serve as a buffer for attacks that were inevitable, and have happened, always.

They are still taking land from them 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

They are still taking land from them 

Ya.

Like they tried to "take land " land from them by defeating yet another Arab coalition attack in Yom Kippur, or launching this most disgusting of attacks.

People who have seen the 45 minute video have not been just shocked, they have been traumatized.

Hamas is an inhuman, barbaric group of trash that nobody should ever have to liver under the threat of.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Ya.

Like they tried to "take land " land from them by defeating yet another Arab coalition attack in Yom Kippur, or launching this most disgusting of attacks.

People who have seen the 45 minute video have not been just shocked, they have been traumatized.

Hamas is an inhuman, barbaric group of trash that nobody should ever have to liver under the threat of.

No, they are just taking the land. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/05/israeli-court-evict-1000-palestinians-west-bank-area

https://apnews.com/article/israel-settlers-bedouin-palestinians-displacement-shepherds-9207aa17efcaf9fda58793a847f7e560

What are you complaining about anyway? Israel isn't going to be stopped, they will kill many thousands more. Hamas will be "destroyed" or whatever and we will do any round of this later. 

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What are you complaining about anyway? Israel isn't going to be stopped, they will kill many thousands more. Hamas will be "destroyed" or whatever and we will do any round of this later. 

What kind of an idiotic comment is this, and the second sentence makes no sense.

There isn't a civilized country or group in the history of the earth that would not advocate for the destruction of Hamas.

The 45 minute video? You know, the one that they treated the world to on their 10-7 invasion?

Included stealing cell phones of captured, innocent Israeli women, attending a concert, and knowing full well that their parents, families and friends would watch, recorded and posted rape and murder.

Killing babies including the unborn.

There is simply no way to ever excuse this, or allow those who caused it to survive, let alone next door.

It makes the holocaust look minor.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, sherpa said:

What kind of an idiotic comment is this, and the second sentence makes no sense.

There isn't a civilized country or group in the history of the earth that would not advocate for the destruction of Hamas.

The 45 minute video? You know, the one that they treated the world to on their 10-7 invasion?

Included stealing cell phones of captured, innocent Israeli women, attending a concert, and knowing full well that their parents, families and friends would watch, recorded and posted rape and murder.

There is simply no way to ever excuse this, or allow those who caused it to survive, let alone next door.

The video is horrific, but still, more Palestinians have been killed. 

I mean, you saw the photos of My Lai massacre, right? 

What is it you want?  

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

How many by HAMAS?

How many causes HAMAS wouldn't let them move south?

One more thing, who reports and validates the Palestinian numbers your referencing? its not Hamas is it?

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

One more thing, who reports and validates the Palestinian numbers your referencing? its not Hamas is it?

You drop bombs on people, they die. 

you think no one is actually getting killed? 

BTW, is the media covering the return of the stone throwers to their families? Or are they not important? 

36 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What is it you want?  

This is a repeated argument of yours and it makes no sense.

Further, I doubt you have seen the video.

I know I haven't, and I never will.

My Lai was a singular atrocity by a single group of criminals.

Discovered, prosecuted and punished.

What Hamas did was far worse, and that isn't the point.

This was an intended, planned for, trained for and supplied "gov" action

Not some individual event.

The entire suggestion doesn't even measure up to a specious claim.

It is bizarre, and senseless. 

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

My Lai was a singular atrocity by a single group of criminals.

Discovered, prosecuted and punished.

What Hamas did was far worse, and that isn't the point.

This was an intended, planned for, trained for and supplied "gov" action

Not some individual event. 

What punishment was handed out for that? Please, explain this. Punishment? 

Far worse? Both had gang rapes, right? Murdered women and little children, right? 

Only one was there an attempted cover up, right? 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What punishment was handed out for that? Please, explain this. Punishment? 

Far worse? Both had gang rapes, right? Murdered women and little children, right? 

Only one was there an attempted cover up, right? 

You are really too stupid to respond to.

There was no Hamas cover up because it was a gov approved massacre.

My Lai was a singular crime, and I am not going to do your homework by answering your lazy questions about punishment.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, sherpa said:

You are really too stupid to respond to.

There was no Hamas cover up because it was a gov approved massacre.

My Lai was a singular crime, and I am not going to do your homework by answering your lazy questions about punishment.

You said punishment was handed out, now let's hear about it. Come on boy, let's hear how a massacre, with gang rapes, old women shot to pieces, little babies blown up, stabbed, and shot apart were punished. 

🤡

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You said punishment was handed out, now let's hear about it. Come on boy, let's hear how a massacre, with gang rapes, old women shot to pieces, little babies blown up, stabbed, and shot apart were punished. 

🤡

I have reached the point where I feel sorry for you.

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

What is it you want?  

Are you actually equating innocent people dying to terrorists being killed? If Hamas had attacked only military bases then I would understand your point but one is focused on eliminating true terrorists and the other is focused on slaughtering children 

• Thank you (+1) 1

WHERE ARE THE AMERICANS?

By John Hindraker

On October 7, Gaza murdered 31 Americans and is believed to have kidnapped 13 more, including a three-year-old child. Yesterday an initial exchange of hostages for prisoners was carried out. Ten Thais and one Filipino were let go, but no Americans were released:

The U.S. does not know when the Americans held hostage would be released or all of their conditions, Mr. Biden said.

We don’t know what their conditions might be, because they have been held incommunicado by murderous, anti-American thugs for more than a month and a half.

This is a disgrace. The U.S. currently has two Carrier Strike Groups, bearing almost unimaginable striking power, in the eastern Mediterranean. If our president were not a senile, half-witted fool, he would have told Hamas long ago that if all Americans were not freed within 12 hours, Gaza would be reduced to rubble. Not to mention that Gaza would never get another nickel of American money.

I am not much of a fan of Donald Trump, but that is what he would have done, and the American hostages would have been free within days after they were kidnapped. Joe Biden’s utter failure in the current crisis is one of the worst of his sad term in office.

Remarkably, I have seen no criticism of his ineptitude in the press. I understand that reporters and editors are doing their best to protect the Democratic Party in the upcoming election, but their silence is a dereliction of duty almost on a par with Biden’s.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/11/where-are-the-americans.php

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Biden and his buddies continue to botch this whole thing.  It was preventable from the beginning but they paid Iran to train Hamas.  What a mess.  

@B-Man @sherpa 

Why didn't the Republicans pass a clean aid package to Israel? They put forward a plan that was DOA. Why?

Is it that Trump is such a child that he is angry at Net-and Ya-hoo for congratulating Biden for his win? Speaker Johnson met with Trump and surely they discussed the issue. 

Is there another reason? The "Christ-killers" crowd is against helping Israel, maybe? 

Just asking 

Ya, Biden's messing things up, sure. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

@B-Man @sherpa 

Why didn't the Republicans pass a clean aid package to Israel? They put forward a plan that was DOA. Why?

Is it that Trump is such a child that he is angry at Net-and Ya-hoo for congratulating Biden for his win? Speaker Johnson met with Trump and surely they discussed the issue. 

Is there another reason? The "Christ-killers" crowd is against helping Israel, maybe? 

Just asking 

Ya, Biden's messing things up, sure. 

More of this relentless stupidity.

None of this has anything to do with Trump or events 2000 years ago.

Asinine red herrings.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, sherpa said:

More of this relentless stupidity.

None of this has anything to do with Trump or events 2000 years ago.

Asinine red herrings.

Tibs is a low information fool, best left alone 

US House passes Republicans' Israel-only aid bill, faces dead end in Senate

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-house-passes-republicans-israel-aid-bill-faces-dead-end-senate-2023-11-02/

18 hours ago, B-Man said:

WHERE ARE THE AMERICANS?

By John Hindraker

On October 7, Gaza murdered 31 Americans and is believed to have kidnapped 13 more, including a three-year-old child. Yesterday an initial exchange of hostages for prisoners was carried out. Ten Thais and one Filipino were let go, but no Americans were released:

The U.S. does not know when the Americans held hostage would be released or all of their conditions, Mr. Biden said.

We don’t know what their conditions might be, because they have been held incommunicado by murderous, anti-American thugs for more than a month and a half.

This is a disgrace. The U.S. currently has two Carrier Strike Groups, bearing almost unimaginable striking power, in the eastern Mediterranean. If our president were not a senile, half-witted fool, he would have told Hamas long ago that if all Americans were not freed within 12 hours, Gaza would be reduced to rubble. Not to mention that Gaza would never get another nickel of American money.

I am not much of a fan of Donald Trump, but that is what he would have done, and the American hostages would have been free within days after they were kidnapped. Joe Biden’s utter failure in the current crisis is one of the worst of his sad term in office.

Remarkably, I have seen no criticism of his ineptitude in the press. I understand that reporters and editors are doing their best to protect the Democratic Party in the upcoming election, but their silence is a dereliction of duty almost on a par with Biden’s.

Reports: No Americans on 2nd List of Hostages to Be Released (That Hamas Has Delayed)

9937f6e3-db53-44ea-9a46-e97b09e2ddf2-105

Number of American citizens who were among the first hostages Hamas released: Zero.

There are now media reports that the second list of hostages to be released also contains no Americans.

Is that because of Biden's "leadership"?

Imagine the media reports if the president had an "R" after his name.

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/11/25/reports-no-americans-on-2nd-list-of-hostages-to-be-released-n2390143

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, SCBills said:

Lovely people.  

The video is out there on X if anyone wants to watch Palestinians cheer on the public execution of two men. 

I’ve spent time in PA territory. Not a police officer in sight in the village I’m from. There’s almost zero crime. They police themselves. 

In major cities like Ramallah there are some law enforcement, but they are few and far between. The people don’t trust whomever is in power. The people are the judge, jury and executioners. That’s the reality of the situation. It’s barbaric but that’s just the way it is. Their situation calls for it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Reports: No Americans on 2nd List of Hostages to Be Released (That Hamas Has Delayed)

Number of American citizens who were among the first hostages Hamas released: Zero.

There are now media reports that the second list of hostages to be released also contains no Americans.

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/11/25/reports-no-americans-on-2nd-list-of-hostages-to-be-released-n2390143

I hope the reports are wrong, of course, but to get on the American hostage release list, it helps to be a good basketball player.  

45 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I hope the reports are wrong, of course, but to get on the American hostage release list, it helps to be a good basketball player.  

No.

Not enough.

Now if you are a gay, African-American female.

Well then, you might have a chance with this administration.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No.

Not enough.

Now if you are a gay, African-American female.

Well then, you might have a chance with this administration.

Took the words right out of my mouth 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/24/2023 at 1:25 PM, sherpa said:

Not going to dispute that what happened on October 7th was horrific, but lets not water down the holocaust. This as horrible as it was, was more like an old medieval era raid but worse with the level of hatred that was had for the people it was against. The holocaust was a combination of slavery and forced human experimentation and all kinds of other horrible things that also happened on October 7th all culminating with the plan of extermination. Which yes that may be what Hamas says their goal is but that obviously wasn't the goal of the attack, it was to perpetuate the cycle of violence and gain hostages for leverage. If anything they were too successful, they were like a dog chasing a car and they accidentally caught it, now they're hanging on to the bumper as the car speeds down the highway at 80 mph.

On 11/24/2023 at 8:01 PM, B-Man said:

WHERE ARE THE AMERICANS?

By John Hindraker

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

If I had to guess the reason why, it's that right now the U.S. is pretty useful pushing for the negotiations for the hostages and the ceasefire, so they want to keep us engaged in that which becomes less likely if our hostages are released.