Calculated Aggression

Ramza86

4 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

This Josh Allen is my favorite one. If he can keep his head at this level for every game....He will pretty much be a top 1 QB going forward.

The question is.....can he keep his head this cool when the going gets tough. 

That is a good point.

I believe Sunday's game vs Jacksonville will be a good test to see if Josh can refrain from dropping back into "hero ball" Josh.

Jacksonville always gives us a difficult challenge.  With the travel to London and the fatigue that goes along with crossing several time zones, Josh could slip back into some less desireable habits.

It will be interesting to see if the turnovers go up this week.

Go Bills!!!

22 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

This Josh Allen is my favorite one. If he can keep his head at this level for every game....He will pretty much be a top 1 QB going forward.

Josh Allen is his own worst enemy.  It's never a matter of arm talent.  His bad games are the result of mental errors.

Josh can do amazing things under pressure, and often does.  But when he faces pressure in a close, lower-scoring game, he tries too hard to make something happen.  

If Josh's brain was more clinical, surgical, and - I hate to say it - Brady-like, he'd easily be the best QB in the league. 

• Agree 1

Perhaps the jets game this year was a turning point for him like Mahomes had where he finally stopped trying to throw deep and think his arm could bail him out of situations instead of taking the easy plays like he usually does now...although last night wasn't a great example.

3 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Josh Allen is his own worst enemy.  It's never a matter of arm talent.  His bad games are the result of mental errors.

Josh can do amazing things under pressure, and often does.  But when he faces pressure in a close, lower-scoring game, he tries too hard to make something happen. 

Agreed. The only person who can beat the Bills is Josh Allen. (And I don't mean the Jags' DE.)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I hope what Romo and Nantz were talking about yesterday was true and Josh's new mantra is "boring football"

If he does continue to read progressions differently (as they mentioned short-to-long as opposed to long first) and focus on comp% he will be unstoppable.

It's not like Tua that needs an unbelievably talented skill player stable and all the McDaniel flashing lights, smoke and mirrors, and tricks.

ALL Josh needs to do is calm down and not try to win the game on one play.

The Good thing is Josh reverts to hero Josh *mostly* when he's playing a team he thinks we should be blowing out but aren't. Just like week one, when buf was up on the scoreboard he knew he could effectively end the game with a long td and forced it so hard that it did the opposite.

The last 3 weeks looked like 2020 Josh and that's a very good thing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, longtimebillsfan said:

That is a good point.

I believe Sunday's game vs Jacksonville will be a good test to see if Josh can refrain from dropping back into "hero ball" Josh.

Jacksonville always gives us a difficult challenge.  With the travel to London and the fatigue that goes along with crossing several time zones, Josh could slip back into some less desireable habits.

It will be interesting to see if the turnovers go up this week.

Go Bills!!!

Anybody know when we leave? Certainly hope its sooner rather than later!

6 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Anybody know when we leave? Certainly hope its sooner rather than later!

Not sure but. The Jags have a huge advantage here. They played in London and get to stay there for the week. I think a very kind thing the NFL to give them two weeks there. 

this feels trappy and if the line is huge it seems easy to take the Jags line. 

I immediately thought of the ‘calculated aggression’ by the defense.

Bills backed off the first 2 drives. When the Dolphins got the ball back 21-14 I thought maybe they would go to a 3 man rush. Instead, McD brought well thought out LB blitzes and I loved the Tre CB blitz that confused Tua. McDermott deserves a lot of credit. 

9 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Perhaps the jets game this year was a turning point for him like Mahomes had where he finally stopped trying to throw deep and think his arm could bail him out of situations instead of taking the easy plays like he usually does now...although last night wasn't a great example.

I agree. I think it was the wakeup call he needed. But... even moreso the last 3 weeks.  It has shown him that if he plays that style of football that he has been playing he now sees  great things will happen.

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

Not sure but. The Jags have a huge advantage here. They played in London and get to stay there for the week. I think a very kind thing the NFL to give them two weeks there. 

this feels trappy and if the line is huge it seems easy to take the Jags line. 

Remember AWS commercial which states it creates a "perfect" schedule in short time which took NFL months to create.

Blame it on AWS.  As someone who deals with AWS on a daily basis it is more like Windows 8 which every avoided than perfect.

11 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

And can we continue to keep the pass rush off of him.  Our pass pro has been very good.  More under center/playaction please!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.